Intronis Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Rick Faulk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Marketing Intern"

Pros

Work with the marketing team and sales team to find potential leads and run some marketing projects.

Cons

It was a lot of excel

2. "Great company"

I have been working at Intronis full-time

Pros

Small enough where executives listen to everyone. Great team atmosphere.

Cons

Not enough vacation and sick time

"very strange"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Intronis full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working with my co-workers and technology.

Cons

The barracuda acquisition seemed to have its benefits, it placed a lot of uncertainty with my co-workers so they started leaving. Those who remained seem bitter and burned out. II felt uncomfortable asking for help, even from my engineering manager. The CEO's smooth ways and priorities are being questioned among some. Probably why they have left. HR, Sales, and Marketing Execs. It turned very strange in the last 5 months.

Advice to Management

This is not the place to advice and encourage management.

"changes since we were acquired"

Pros

great first job for umass lowell graduates
    free snacks, drinks
    relaxed office

Cons

exec team is slowly leaving

5. "Good company"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Chelmsford, MA

Pros

I got opportunity working on diverse projects. Good work life balance and excellent work environment and company culture

Cons

poor vacation plan, too far to work

Advice to Management

good job to CEO

"Tech"

I worked at Intronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free food, ping pong, company events, company culture

Cons

bureaucracy, lack of transparency, compensation subpar, opportunties for growth limited, office location, senior leadership, Human Resources,

"Eh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

I worked at Intronis (More than a year)

Pros

They provide jobs to lesser educated people that may need a good paying job.

Cons

Employees are an expense and recycled like a rotating door. Their logo describes what they do to their employees.

Advice to Management

Keep the people that are dedicated and making you money instead of canning them for doing well just to save a buck on a cheaper employee the following month.

"Not afraid to say what I think"

Former Employee - Corporate Facilitator in Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Corporate Facilitator in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Intronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I left Intronis rather abruptly a few months ago and as much as I would like to have the last disgruntled word and as much as past disgruntled employees would love to see me blast Intronis, I simply must rise above the fray and write an honest appraisal of a company I absolutely LOVED!!
    Intronis, overall, treated me well. I was given so many opportunities to grow and affect change within my profession and for that I will be eternally grateful. Unfortunately for me, there was an atmosphere of clear delineation between what I could personally affect as an individual contributor and the top executives that I served. Given the chance, I would have encouraged the leaders to listen more to what the individual contributors were saying, or better yet, not saying and put less emphasis on the “perceptions” of management. Perhaps this will change and Intronis will have even better success!
    As for the people at Intronis, you couldn’t find any better! The atmosphere was fun and very creative, but sometimes the investment in fun outweighed the investment in professional programs.
    If you’re thinking of joining Intronis, I encourage you to do so. The company has the capacity to do great things……they just need to have their ear to the ground, understand what’s going on with the people and encourage open dialogue so change can happen effectively and cohesively.

Cons

Gossip - Management just shouldn't do it. It erodes the very value they are trying to encourage - Trust. Besides, gossip isn't pretty and will always backfire in the end, especially when it surrounds personal information shared in confidence.

Advice to Management

Listen to what's not being said

"Bait and Switch, Strange Environment"

I worked at Intronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location (for me). Snacks. CEO who started after I joined worked hard to build a positive, less toxic environment. I learned a lot.

Cons

Day 1 I got a completely different job than what I was offered. They fired the person who I took over from the week before. After that... a series of layoffs and firing. The majority of the executive team are mean - flat out, mean-spirited. No solid product strategy either. And, they didn't pay their bills. I hope they've cleaned up their act.

Advice to Management

Refresh HR, Sales, and Product Management.

"A culture that will be hard to walk away from"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Intronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Excellent people. You'll find a diverse range of personalities, most on the odd but interesting side. I've made many friends and expect to be in touch with them long after we part ways professionally.

* Autonomy (depending on department). I've been lucky to be part of a team of smart, independently motivated folks. We are given control over our own work, and rather than being micromanaged are treated as trusted advisers by our manager. My perception is that this differs by department, but on the engineering and product side there is a lot of self-management - maybe less so for sales or support positions.

* Free food, ping-pong, and various activities throughout the year. It's nice to have things to look forward to in the office.

* Talent recognition and room for advancement. In my experience, talent and hard work are recognized and rewarded (again, department dependent), either through raises, promotions, spot awards, or "employee of the month" type awards. I've seen several people promoted from within (even to an executive level), so if you have the drive there is opportunity for you.

Cons

* Pay is lower than average. This may be just my type of position, but I am underpaid for market value. I walked away from an offer at another company offering 40% more, and have heard similar numbers from recruiters. It makes sense to a degree because it's in the suburbs and still being funded ("long-running" startup), but they do pay less than average for some positions (I hear the higher-up sales folks are doing well though)

* Location. For me, getting to Chelmsford is a pain, and my commute is around an hour. I wish they still had the Boston office. If you live in southern NH or northern mass, it's probably a great location.

* A few members of the executive team seem to serve little purpose and/or cause some problems with morale. I don't work under any of them, so my experience is mostly hearsay or gathered from how they behave in meetings. The CEO seems to have a special relationship with one exec who may or may not be making real contributions to the business. This employee keeps being put up for "exec of the year" type awards, but without employees understanding their role or value this is just alienating and morale-busting.

Advice to Management

Pay some attention to the employee perception of execs or you risk alienating them. Attributing a department's work to them doesn't show value, find a way for them to show value themselves.