KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.9
Itron President and CEO Tom Deitrich
Tom Deitrich

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Most of the managers (with one specific exception) during my tenure were great people that knew how to manage and genuinely wanted you to succeed.(in 61 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good(in 39 reviews)
  • "Good work / life balance and the ability to work in different fields.(in 37 reviews)
  • "pay is good(in 32 reviews)
  • "coworkers are friendly and easy(in 14 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Itron and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Review

Feb 25, 2022 - Firmware Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good good good good good

Cons

No cons No cons No cons

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Nepotism is prevalent at the Raleigh Office

May 15, 2022 - Technical Program Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

the overall benefits at the organization are quite competitive

Cons

They got rid of the women that were in leadership at this location There is a lot of nepotism at this location They allowed a wife to be in the husband's reporting structure. She used her position to bully others. There are many managers in the customer support area that do not have degrees, let alone technology degrees. However, they require their employees to have technical degrees. The managers need better people skills training. It is challenging for some people to get promoted. Some of the managers do not like diversity on their teams and only hire people that look like them. My last manager shared my medical information with the larger organization and HR did nothing about this. Other managers did the same. I should not have known that someone in another office was having mental issues. This was shared across the organization.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing organization! A+A+A+

May 6, 2022 - Project Manager II in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits, work life balance, and culture. This company is truly a gem!

Cons

My only con over the entire relationship is that I was laid off. It was not on Itron, it just happens in business sometimes when you have contracts that do not get renewed by clients in the DEM sector. I have no cons to speak of about Itron specifically though. I absolutely loved my time there, and would go back today if there were something available for me.

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the five star review and your feedback about company culture and benefits. We are hiring, so if you want to come back and see an open role that catches your attention please reach out!

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ok to work

May 20, 2022 - Senior Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Before Itron acquisition, it was called SilverSpring Networks. It was nice place to work, with so many perks including a CrossFit gym inside company with coaches available. After Itron took over, many things were cut. But, compared to typical Itron culture in other places, bay area branch is good.

Cons

Bit of politics and control from top layers who are originally from east coast and Spokane...

5. 2.0

Average at best

May 26, 2022 - Senior Product Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good technology, installed base, order backlog

Cons

Politics. SSNI employees are gone.

6. 4.0

Lots of Principals

May 13, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment, very flexible.

Cons

Took a long time before making me full-time, too many principals.

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Double-Edged Sword with not a lot of recognition or celebrating successes

May 5, 2022 - Senior Program Manager in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great peers, managers, director to work for. Interesting projects: customer-focused, data center infrastructure builds, compute/storage/network and security, change management (primary focus a lot of the time), and Work From Home. Highly technical application and hardware-wise, and a lot of responsibility (many millions of dollars that directly affect customers, customers' customers, and the company's bottom line).

Cons

50-, 60-, 80-hour weeks, weekend work, getting beaten up on deployments/upgrades depending on customer. Our organization for 4 years straight kept the rest of the company afloat and profitable while the rest of the company lost money, yet we didn't get raises or bonuses for years and were STILL expected to put in 50-, 60-, 80-hour weeks month in/month out and year in/year out. NO and I mean ABSOLUTELY NO celebration of victories or acknowledgement of what our group (PMO and Technical Operations) did to bring in the revenue that made the company profitable year after year after Itron bought Silver Spring Networks. MAYBE, at the most, a half-hearted "thank you" during a year-end town hall. No holiday celebrations. No team-building lunches or dinners, let alone days at a park, beach, train ride, etc. NO DOWNTIME from working from 4:30 in the morning until 11 PM at night on deployments. Only: What is the next upgrade or installation you're going to be doing? Granted, in our Program Management team the managers did acknowledge the good work done, but bonuses? Raises? Recognition for the good work done outside of team meetings? NOTHING! It took me months to decompress from the pressure cooker after I left. PTSD big time. AND, if you make a lot of money in your position, be prepared to be laid off and Eastern European Pgm Mgrs hired in your place. It's ALL about $$$ at Itron. People? Pfffftttt! Their thought is they can always hire someone for less money elsewhere. And, that is no matter how good you are or how much you contribute. I cannot, in good conscience, recommend working at Itron unless you're young and energetic, and want to gain Change Management experience. And VERY LITTLE chance for advancement. I tried for years to move over into other groups to no avail. Apparently, being a top performer in your group with proven ability to think and work tactically and strategically is of little use to other PMOs and organizations in Itron.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Dilbert comes to life

May 11, 2022 - RF Hardware Design Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent office and location in San Jose. Some potentially interesting areas for product development and a stable, Utility Grid, customer base.

Cons

Complete leadership vacuum and no sense of accountability or responsibility. Not enough project-related work goes on. Most of the dedicated, hardworking engineers left as a result of unfair workloads during pandemic lockdown. Increasingly shipping inadequately tested products (allowing aggressive schedules to seemingly be met) and lead customers getting alpha/beta level devices with multiple real-world issues.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Lowball starting salary and makes it hard to catch up to market value

Mar 30, 2022 - Principal Software Engineer in Spokane, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and flexibility . Good work life balance.

Cons

Lowball starting salary and makes it hard to catch up to market value

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback on culture, flexibility and compensation.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work.

Apr 8, 2022 - Commodity Management Specialist in West Union, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Pay and Benefits. Great people to work with.

Cons

Company would re-org year after year.

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback on our people and compensation. We appreciate your five star review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 589 Reviews

Itron Reviews FAQs

Itron has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 718 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Itron to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Itron employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Itron. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

75% of Itron employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Itron 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Itron to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Itron Job Seekers