Itron Reviews | Glassdoor

Itron President & CEO Philip Mezey
Philip Mezey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No training - use it up and throw it away mentality (in 5 reviews)

• scope for career growth is less (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good work, great people"

I have been working at Itron full-time

Pros

This place is like a family. Managers really care about employees. Great work, interesting and challenging.

Cons

Corporate management does not care about anyone on a personal level.

"Good, could be great!"

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Outstanding people to work with, great industry, good benefits and a new challenge every day. Being in an industry that is working to improve the use of energy and water make the work we do more than just implementing technology.

Cons

No single, cohesive vision for the technology being developed. Top heavy with leadership that are not performing and not being help accountable.

Advice to Management

Need to align technology to capitalize on synergies across solutions. This will provide greater value to the customers and increase profit for the company.

3. "No overtime"

I worked at Itron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are very reasonable when you need to take time off of work for what ever reason it may be.

Cons

They do not their employees pay for overtime worked even when the employee did not choose to have to stay working.

Advice to Management

United States law says employers must pay employees for time permitted or suffered to work. So even if they go over 40 hours in a work week, even if the employees are told no overtime or are not told beforehand they can work overtime, if they work they have to be paid for it regardless of management or company policy.

4. "Itron is at the forefront of the Internet of Things. A company worth fighting for."

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Itron full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work in cutting edge industry and learn from the best in IoT, Smart Grid and Smart Metering technology. Great company for understanding how utilities and billing.

Cons

Lack of current corporate culture adoption by employees and managers. Old culture continues to prevail on many teams.

Advice to Management

Find a way to drive better adoption of DevOps in software and services. Make training in products and business services crucial for employee success.

5. "Sales"

I have been working at Itron full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

It is a public company

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We're glad to hear you're enjoying working with us! Thanks for the positive comment!

6. "Focused on college "fresh-out's""

Pros

Corporate Headquarters is local. Wages are good. Benefits are good

Cons

No executive level support for mid management

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you are happy with your benefits and comp package, as we try to maintain a competitive edge for our employees.

I think it is always important... More

7. "Fast paced"

Pros

Fast paced company with cutting edge technology projects. Emphasis on getting the work done. People are willing to help each other, once you find out who the appropriate person is.

Cons

See pros - Fast paced company with cutting edge technology projects. Emphasis on getting the work done. There is an effort to implement global processes but very little adoption.

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! There absolutely is always ups and downs when working in a fast-paced environment, but we are proud to be leaders in our industry! We thrive on collaboration, even in a... More

"Amazing things going on, in fact WAY too much!"

I have been working at Itron full-time

Pros

We are doing amazing things at Itron. It is some of the most interesting work I could imagine doing in this field.

Cons

Management does not understand the extremely complication nature of our technology. They think everything is easy, but in fact we have some of the most complex technology on the planet. It is the requirements that are complicated, not just the way we implemented it. This means they think everything should also come very fast, which is very far from the truth.

Advice to Management

Finally realize you are asking us to work miracles, and that takes time. In fact what we are doing here is more complicated than anything Apple does. When you ask for 5 man years of work in 1 year, and also expect high quality, you have a paradox. When you ask why we don't get as much done you ask, that is the reason. All the stuff being done to make us work faster is actually addressing the wrong problem. The most notable one would be shifting engineering to India, which has not worked well at all and has been an enormous burden on the company, which clearly isn't visible to those outside of engineering that actually has to work with them.

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. You are correct in the fact that the work we do is very interesting, as well as rewarding. And as we continue to grow and adapt to the ever... More

9. "Associate Design Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Union, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Union, SC

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It offers various challenges to make you a more competitive employee.

Cons

Takes a while to transition teams to new tasks.

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your comment. We are thrilled to hear you are being challenged and learning!

With some of the company transitions, it is necessary to take our time to make sure each step is... More

10. "R&D Developer"

I have been working at Itron full-time

Pros

Itron has a more than reasonable flexible/reasonable work/life schedule. When things need to be done or fixed, the pressure is on, but thankfully this is not a constant. If you can complete your required tasks and still work from home once a week, more power to you.

The technology and market are interesting with lots of potential for growth.

Cons

Communication from management has improved, but the market is very much in flux, so it can feel like they are not on top of things.

Salaries aren't terrible, but could be higher frankly. (bonuses can make up for this )

Very little room for growth, and very middle management heavy.

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have found a great work/life balance!

As you noted we are focused on improving our manager training... More