Jobscience Reviews | Glassdoor

Ted Elliott

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Genuine passion from team members (& especially from CEO) within the company, new breed of management/team coming online, global employment opportunities, exciting time within the company and growth

Cons

Typical growing pains - so much opportunity and possibilities.

Advice to Management

Keep on pushing boundaries with new innovations :) Continue to build up business with great talent

"Company centered on greed and exploitation of young workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jobscience (More than a year)

Pros

It's a salary... it pays my rent and puts food on the table, and it is 100% the only reason I'm still working at this miserable organization. If my superiors found out I wrote this, I'd be fired immediately.

Cons

Jobscience is owned and operated by the CEO and funded by his octogenarian father, the CFO. Despite being in existence for nearly 20 years, the company still considers itself a "startup" -- an illusion perpetuated by Management to justify their greedy and exploitative practices. Jobscience has developed a particularly callous model; They hire young, naive, and inexperienced new college grads for salaries which in the Bay Area can only be described as poverty wages. The company (bottom line) benefits enormously from the undervalued and underpaid labor of these young workers, who have no real choice but to stick it out until they've accumulated enough experience to leave and go to a real company. The only personnel in the organization who make anything close to a market-rate salary are the executives and managers. Believe me, corporate greed ain't just for the Fortune 500's...

Advice to Management

Just sell or liquidate now -- everyone knows the company is dead in the water.

Jobscience Response

Oct 25, 2016

Thank you Anonymous for your candid comments about your experience of working at Jobscience, it is sad to hear that you just “show up to work every day for the salary”. At Jobscience, we are in hyper ... More

"Software Help Desk"

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Londonderry, NH
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Londonderry, NH

I worked at Jobscience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small business fun environment. Regular after hours group activity.

Cons

Work load can be daunting some times.

Advice to Management

Hire more help

"Positive Company Doing Most Everything Right"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jobscience is a great place to work if you like 40% - 50% year over year growth in revenue, customer acquisition, and working for the hands down #1 app on the Salesforce appexchange. We are a true global company with customers who represent the top staffing firm brand names in the world, the most prestigious management consulting firms, and about 700 other great customers.
    Things change fast here and you have to work hard and be adaptable.
    Several new key hires in management have come in and replaced those who needed to be put to pasture as they were poor fits.

Cons

Other reviews are right, the company is agile, fast paced and can make changes quickly. Isn't that what being innovative is all about?

If you like 9 - 5, repetition, monotony, and the same old thing, go somewhere else.
    Jobscience doesn't do everything right but if an employee see's an issue, they can step in and change it. I did this on several mis-managed programs, by the former employees who consequently wrote the negative reviews.

Advice to Management

With continued growth and the future looking bright, make sure you continue communicating to the employees in the same, or increased, manner you've been doing.

"Great opportunity for career growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jobscience full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at JS for just over 6 years. This is the kind of job that is what you make it. If you want an easy job to clock in and get a paycheck you should go work at a big company with lots of bureaucratic bs. But if you are passionate about what you do and you put in the effort you are rewarded handsomely. In my time there revenues had more than tripled which was the result of of the employees who worked hard, took pride in their work, and executed. Key contributors are appreciated and advance quickly.

Cons

Since JS is largely a self funded organization capitol constraints were an issue from time to time and decisions on what internal projects could be accomplished had to be prioritized.

7. "Great Career and Looking Forward to Continuing to Grow"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since coming to Jobscience 18 months ago, many great career development opportunities have been presented to me. I have independently taken advantage of each one. Great opportunity to work on global initiatives as many of our customer headquarters are outside the US. Each team has developed its own culture, but as a whole, I can testify that Jobscience is a great place for those who thrive for career development, appreciate inclusion and likes to have a bit of fun.

Cons

Jobscience comes with traditional start-up pains, and thus you must be tremendously resourceful and be able to work with limited resources.

Advice to Management

It is important for all growth organizations to continue to get feedback from all facets of the business and put in place a very focused vision and mission that motivates us each go above and beyond each day. Keep up the great work and thanks for the opportunitieis.

"loud Based Software Company Offers Lots of Opportunity to Grow."

Current Employee - Manager Technical Support in Londonderry, NH
    Current Employee - Manager Technical Support in Londonderry, NH

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

have been with jobscience for 5 years. In that time I have worked in Sales, Customer Support, Professional Services, and now Management. Jobscience has provided extensive training in Salesforce.com functionality and in general business and project management processes. By far the best thing about working at Jobscience is the team atmosphere. We work together as a team to solve problems and roll out solutions for our customers. We also have a lot of fun together outside the office. If you are looking for a fast-paced team-oriented environment on the cutting edge of the cloud, Jobscience is the place for you.

Cons

At times the work load can be very high. This is a place for motivated hard working Individuals.

9. "They just keep growing"

I worked at Jobscience full-time

Pros

Committed to Salesforce.com as a platform

Cons

Building a business on a new platform can introduce new problems, like growth without the traditional venture structure to the business

10. "Top of the class"

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have worked at similar companies in the past and have competed against Salesforce and needless to say that's not the easiest task. Salesforce is just years ahead of anything else out there so being able to leverage that power being at Jobscience is awesome. They are really innovating in the space and the product has made leaps and bounds which is also exciting.

I have nothing but positive feedback about the culture and people as well. I find it to be very flexible here and overall it is a great environment.

There is amazing opportunity to have an impact here and the potential for this company is endless.

Cons

Growing pains. Jobscience has brought on a lot of new, larger customers in last few years so scaling with the volume poses a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the product and service improve so our customers remain raving fans. Try to make sure as the company grows that the culture stays as intact as possible. Continue to make improving the process and systems a priority here and making everyone's voice feel heard.

11. "Proceed at your own risk!"

I worked at Jobscience full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities from massive attrition and snacks.

Cons

Terrible work life balance, indecision across management team, negative culture, high turnover, lack of leadership.

Advice to Management

Spend less time stroking own ego and focus on competency and well being of staff.