Jobscience Reviews | Glassdoor

Jobscience Reviews

Found 31 reviews

3.5
Ted Elliott
  1. "Growth and Restructuring"

I have been working at Jobscience full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Easy going, less formal environment - Experienced, intelligent people at every level of the company that make themselves available for mentoring - Passionate leadership with ambitious goals that works hard and cares about the company and employees - The company is receptive to new ideas and willing to make changes for the better - Great place for self starters and motivated people - Strong product with innovative,...

Cons

- Some internal processes are not yet properly documented - Different iterations of the product can be confusing to set up and need additional reworks

Advice to Management

Continue to share company vision and goals through all staff monthly meetings. Focus on internal culture and branding to solidify identity and cohesiveness. Continue to invest into the best talent and don't settle for anything less. Consider rewarding top performers at every level with equity to promote healthy competition in order to achieve the company goals.

Jobscience2018-02-07
  2. "Sales"

I have been working at Jobscience full-time

Pros

It was a great place to work

Cons

That the company was sold to Bullhorn

Jobscience2018-04-23
    • "great place"

I worked at Jobscience

Pros

small team, fun, chill, good people

Cons

none at all, can't think of any

Jobscience2017-12-21

"Solid"

Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jobscience full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team. It's my first small company to work for coming from the Fortune 500s and it's been an amazing experience. I'm learning so much with the ups and downs of the daily operation and am passionate about always working on what we need to do better internally and externally.

Cons

Slightly disorganized at times, but that is what we all work together on. Also, what company isn't disorganized here and there?

Jobscience2017-09-01
      • "Support"

I have been working at Jobscience full-time

Pros

Always Busy and tied to desk

Cons

Always Busy and can not work from home

Advice to Management

Hire more Support and be more flexible with working from home

Jobscience2017-07-27
      • "Strong Product!"

I have been working at Jobscience full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The staffing edition solution that Jobscience has on the marketplace has improved significantly in the last 6 months with the new user interface and the addition of the back office, which is also built on the salesforce.com platform. The platform and the product really are better than anything else on the marketplace.

Cons

While the product is awesome, it is a very crowded market that we compete in, and most of the other companies in the space are backed/financed by private equity or venture capital. This means they have a lot more money and resources to throw at sales and marketing. It really is amazing to see how far the company has come based on a very small investment that was made over 15 years ago.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the product and on how you can help the sales team get into more opportunities. If you can help to tee them up, they will knock them down.

Jobscience2017-06-10
      • "Data Scientist"

Current Employee - Data Scientist

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers an opportunity to work with outstanding technical people on artificial intelligence projects in the areas of recruiting and workforce management. We are applying developing AI tools from Salesforce, Google and Amazon. IBM is an investor. Management is technology focused.

Cons

Some of the work involves large amounts of data which can be difficult and time consuming to develop. There have been communications problems with developers in different parts of the world.

Advice to Management

The company-wide staff briefings are very good at keeping everyone in the loop. Even the company-wide department briefings are very helpful in understanding what is happening in the different offices.

Jobscience2017-06-08
      • "They just keep growing"

I worked at Jobscience full-time

Pros

Committed to Salesforce.com as a platform

Cons

Building a business on a new platform can introduce new problems, like growth without the traditional venture structure to the business

Jobscience2017-05-14
      • "Top of the class"

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have worked at similar companies in the past and have competed against Salesforce and needless to say that's not the easiest task. Salesforce is just years ahead of anything else out there so being able to leverage that power being at Jobscience is awesome. They are really innovating in the space and the product has made leaps and bounds which is also exciting. I have nothing but positive feedback about the culture...

Cons

Growing pains. Jobscience has brought on a lot of new, larger customers in last few years so scaling with the volume poses a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the product and service improve so our customers remain raving fans. Try to make sure as the company grows that the culture stays as intact as possible. Continue to make improving the process and systems a priority here and making everyone's voice feel heard.

Jobscience2017-05-11

"Proceed at your own risk!"

I worked at Jobscience full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growth opportunities from massive attrition and snacks.

Cons

Terrible work life balance, indecision across management team, negative culture, high turnover, lack of leadership.

Advice to Management

Spend less time stroking own ego and focus on competency and well being of staff.

Jobscience2017-05-02