Kaleida Health Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Kaleida Health President and CEO Jody L. Lomeo
Jody L. Lomeo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Pay is good, security, benefits, ceo cares, depending on hospital you have a good team at others there is no team (in 9 reviews)

• Great benefits and pay, supportive co-workers (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hires people with no work ethic, lack of communication, no appreciation to hard workers (in 4 reviews)

• Employee are short of Staff, a which cause the work environment to be stressful (in 5 reviews)

1. "Corporate position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, PTO, .

Cons

Management was poor. No consistency in following policy and procedures.

Advice to Management

Made a decision and make everyone follow the rule.

2. "Corporate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, excellent benefits. Some very good/smart people to work with.

Cons

Non union long term employees here today gone tomorrow. Too political, management to worried about making themselves look good to executive team and don't care about their employees. Employee's do not get enough credit.
    Constantly changing, very little communication.

Advice to Management

Concentrate more on the department you run and get rid of the non performing employees. Promote people who are deserving. Supervisor/Managers should have to attend a mandatory course on how to be a supervisor/ manager to better manage day to day operations and employee's. Create a better team environment. Better communication within departments.

3. "No recognition of employees!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ive been working for Kaleida Health Women and Childrens Hospital for 14 years now as an R.N. They have Good PTO accrual. Since Jody came in we are seeing changes for the better albeit slowly. Id still like a lot of things addressed however.

Cons

Employees never get the recognition that they deserve. You can catch something that literally saves a childs life and not even get a "good job" from your boss. Its ridiculous! As far as retirement....its awful apparently we are looking at 300 bucks a month and thats with no health care at all. So baically ill have spent my entire life taking care of sick people at Kaleida and Kaleida wont take care of us when we retire medically? Disgusting. Also the safe patient ratios change every day (no joke, it seriously is everyday) based on whats convenient for Kaleida. Someone calls in and you have to take 5 or 6 patients instead of the 4 that is the "safe ratio" they tell you to "suck it up"

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well and give them the thanks that they deserve and they will be much happier. Also safe staffing rules should not change based on whats convenient. It its unsafe today, its unsafe tomorrow. Just because you are short staffed doesnt mean its ok to give nurses more patients that puts them over what has been deemed as the safe ratio! Treat us better and you will have happier employees and patients.

4. "Job review"

I have been working at Kaleida Health full-time

Pros

Benefits are amount the best

Cons

The workload is very intense

"Analyst"

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time

Pros

Employees paid fairly good benefits

Cons

Can be terminated very easily. Company does not reward loyal employees

"Needs improvement in a lot of departments with a clear plan"

I have been working at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are times when they really will seem like they care about their non-union employees like when the Snovember storm came around and paid us out what we would have been paid if we couldn't make it to work.

Cons

Then they have people in positions who create these positions, fill them, and get rid of them the next year. They need to get their act together and have a concrete plan!

Advice to Management

Stop gossiping about your employees and maybe they will do the same. It isn't productive and it is very unprofessional.

"Licensed Practical Nurse"

I have been working at Kaleida Health part-time

Pros

Decent pay, benefits are ok.

Cons

Very little appreciation shown towards emoloyees.

8. "Kaleida Health review for Glassdoor"

I have been working at Kaleida Health full-time

Pros

I've been working at Kaleida for less than a year and I really like the benefits.

Cons

The communication could be better.

"Great Job if you have zero initiative"

Former Employee - Middle Management in Williamsville, NY
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Williamsville, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation is ok as are benefits. I wasn't a nurse and I think that maybe a different picture than what I portray below - but everyone I know who's been there and gone have been much happier after they've moved on, so take that for whatever it's worth.

Cons

If you're a go getter who asks a lot of questions and wants to get things done, you'll hate it here! Where I worked upper management seemed afraid of smart, innovative people who wanted to be more efficient and cost effective. In the rare cases where feedback and opinions were asked for, while they'd often acknowledge a great idea you'd never be allowed to follow through on it. On a few occasions I did see where truly YEARS later changes were finally implemented but the person who's idea it was originally never got any credit or acknowledgement ...

Other than management that were too afraid of bright staff there were also LOTS of staff who were constantly playing the CYA game - this seemed to be ingrained for long tenured employees (15-20 yrs +) because my observation was that if they were good at their job it wasn't like someone else was eyeing it, yet many of the administrative staff acted as if everyone was after their job. Where I worked staff were super territorial and not welcoming in the least of new staff or ideas ... really just a depressing work environment that I'm glad to be rid of

Advice to Management

trust your staff, and if you don't then hire smarter people that you can trust.. Also, office communication from management is the worst I've ever seen ... good luck with that one - everyone's too dishonest with their employees and co-workers for that to ever get any better.

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Director in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Kaleida Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall mission is excellent. Good compensation package.

Cons

Weak in communicating status of individual projects as they pertain to the overall strategy. Limited IT department holding back progress.

Advice to Management

Set your budget and stick to it.