Kaycan Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

"Depressing!!"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

They have great benefits!! Great employee's.

Cons

Very negitive working envirment. Non competitive pricing, No one that I have spoken to for this company was happy in their job. You are driven like cattle and verbally punished when you do not meet their expectations. Though this company is very successful, it is run like a mom and pop company.

Advice to Management

They have a wonderful sales staff, inside as well as out. Let them be successful and have budgets that are at least, some what reasonable!! Make the sales meeting positive, not embrassing and humilating to the sales staff. In all my years in sales, I have attentended 2 sales meetings. Both were the worst that I have ever seen. This company could increase it's sales by at least 25% a year just by treating their employees better.

"Privately held"

I worked at Kaycan (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good health care program. Flat organization. Employees have (stated) access to management all the way up to the president and CFO. Great company culture for Canadian employees where they have good market share (it's a Canadian company). Not as good for US employees.

Cons

Lack of product innovation and marketing programs. Actual customers not aligned with desired customers. No long term strategic plan. Lots of turnover so employees and customers are constantly getting to know new players. Big achievements expected in a short amount of time. Sales management and marketing inadequately staffed. Poor marketing support.

Advice to Management

Aim to reduce turnover and slow down expectations. Deliver your strategic message from the top directly to the employees. Give them the vision, not just the sales budgets/expectations.

"Kaycan"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Kaycan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good, quality product. Good balance between work and family.

Cons

management does not work well with field. Montreal office dictates everything, even if something won't work in your market.

Advice to Management

Let the field people do their jobs, not so much micro-management

5. "sales"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Kaycan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

very good company to work for

Cons

there is no negative coment about the company

Advice to Management

some times they should listen to their loyal employees

"Revolving door"

Former Employee - Head Office in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

Pros

Some really nice co-workers, all of whom deserve better.

Cons

This is a family owned and operated business that will never retain its best employees due to a combination of extremely poor management, and lack of respect for its workforce.

Working here, you will learn nothing, because there is no leadership nor guidance. Job titles are meaningless, and job descriptions are non-existent.

The place is run on a "just do what you're told" mentality, and if you dare to answer back or ask questions you can expect to head for the exit, because they don't like that.

Pretty early on you will see that this is a temporary endeavour, and that you're on borrowed time.

Honestly, don't even bother.

There is no work/life balance. You come in and do your best but you will be berated and made to feel worthless because the inefficient management cannot stand being outdone by people better qualified and equipped to do things properly.

This is why so many people leave after short spells.

The Quebec Labour Act outlines a simple set of standards that companies are to adhere to, but this law is flouted here and employees are bullied, harassed, and verbally abused.

The careers section of the new website looks impressive but none of those people praising the company actually work there, and the names are made up.

Management will not encourage you, nor empower you, despite what they claim, and there is no communication, and certainly no training. You are expected to figure things out for yourself.

Even in desperation, you should not consider a career here, as you will not get one.

It is easy to see which reviews have been written by the management, and which are from real (former) employees who have had the misfortune of experiencing this catastrophic abyss of sycophantic obsequiousness in all its misery.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap.

Kaycan Response

Dec 6, 2016 – President

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees, so I am disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value ... More

"Secure Company Continuously Growing"

Current Employee - Customer Service Administrator in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Administrator in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Kaycan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hours are great, Monday to Friday, lots of hours to spend with your family.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of support from any department. Been here five years or more, looking foward to many more years. my workplace is my work family working as a team we grow together each day! Our focus is providing excellent customer service satisfaction!

Cons

Cosmetics are not a priority, could use some upgrades, Show the company's success,
    Exterior and interior could use a facelift.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity to grow with such a successful company!

"My experience at Kaycan has been beneficial to me in many ways."

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Kaycan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the people you get to work with first of all, and our customers appreciate our top notch service, which is truly one of the highest qualities that we provide here at Kaycan, along with our latest siding innovations with our Helios DaVinci siding.

Cons

Challenges of working here at Kaycan is the low budget for maintenance up keep, much like many companies, however I also believe that if u are the type of person that finds them selves a handyman and a bit of a "Magiver" Then this job is for you.

Advice to Management

Give back to the employees and branches that go above and beyond. As well, do something for employees that have been there for years (Mile markers). As well as individuals that show exemplary work effort. A little goes a long way.

"You make it what you want."

Current Employee - Sales Wholesale
    Current Employee - Sales Wholesale

I have been working at Kaycan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company. If you support them, they support you. If you ask to grow in the company and stand out you will succeed . There is help from anybody in the company , you just need to ask . The salary is fair and on track with current markets.

Cons

A little behind in times. With the systems that are being used . Sometimes a little tight with money .

Advice to Management

More visits to branch and buildings . Trust people when they make decisions bad or good . People learn from mistakes .

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Head Office in Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

Pros

No pros. This is the worst company to ever work for.

Cons

Micromanagement tyrants. I saw the owners fire an employee rather than give him his job back after he beat stomach cancer.

"HAS POTENTIAL, NEED DIRECTION"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Kaycan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brand name products Vinyl Aluminum, mostly well established territory, routes and history. Succeed where all have failed possibilites. Known competitors, some competent cheap insales employees. Will work their heart out if you show moderate interestor consideration. Great for people who love to comply to authority, constant change of plan and thrive on internal politics office instability. Upper management will constantly keep you on your toes and push. Superb job if you appreciate being original on budget planning projections reports, as you will be required to perform 4x a year; along with quartely buisness plan of action. National sales managment is very perfectionist in their requierment of on field informations. Superb entry level job where alot can be learned quikly before you move on to better and more profitable grounds.

Cons

All decisions, every penny spent needs to be authorised by uper managment. World class micromanagement. No sales direction or plan, shot from the hip reactive approach and poor communication. Weekly sales call with no clear message, plus value or motivational purpose. Lead by tyrany and confusion where apparently profit is to be made. Champions for employee turn over at all levels (sales, support, shipping, marketing), expect to be a senior fast if you can manage constant stress level and defend your actions daily (Week-ends, Hollydays, Vacations, etc.) make sure you negoctiate base salary high, any bonus promisses possibilites will not be respected. Vehicules are cheaply maintained, expect winter tires year around. Have not shown appreciation of human value or experience. Managed as if still in the 60's

Advice to Management

Never expect different outcome from a cut and paste yearly approach and daily react to market wind changes. Profit is not being made in confusion.