Kepware Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Tony Paine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "You will never want to work for another company again"

I have been working at Kepware full-time

Pros

Its like working at Google

Cons

Acquired by PTC which tries to infringe on our incredible culture and customer service

2. "Going downhill fast"

I have been working at Kepware full-time

Pros

Good benefits, flexible schedule.

Cons

There's a lot of uncertainty and poor morale after the acquisition by PTC, exacerbated by all the recent changes. Can be really cliquey and hard to bring new ideas to the table-----low turnover means a lot of employees have been at Kepware a long time and are stuck in this is how we've always done it mindframe and resistant to any kind of change. Transparency has gone very downhill, as things go back and forth with the actual people doing the work left heads spinning----yet we are still responsible for implementing all inconsistent plans.

Advice to Management

A few happy hour's and parties aren't enough to fix morale. Try actually giving peopel the transparency, growth opportunities, and support they need instead of hoping free beers will do the trick.

3. "Senior Software Developer"

I worked at Kepware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting work and they value employees.Have spaces in parking garage so access to parking downtown is easy. Flexible work environment. Some excellent people.

Cons

Spend a lot of time on discussing the process. Small teams are great if everyone gets along; otherwise it can be hard to fit in. One arrogant person can make working there unbearable.

Advice to Management

Trying to fit in is not compatible with being critical of co-workers so the evaluation process is flawed. Overall management is excellent. Just could not work with one person in the group without sleepless nights and aggravation. Avoiding the problem was my mistake.

4. "Great first job."

Pros

Flexible schedule, great benefits, cooperative work environment.

Cons

Work can be dull at times.

5. "Great company, small "startup" feel while they are growing fast"

Pros

Most people are great to work with

Cons

Some key people involved in the technical aspects of the software are very close-minded and get irate when challenged. Also core of software is outdated and needs an overhaul.

Advice to Management

Keep senior employees motivated and quell issues with other technical resources that don't work well in scrum teams

"Living in Portland Maine, working with global blue chip customers."

Pros

The great thing about this company is you can live in Portland Maine but deal with blue chip companies from all over the world. The company sells to leading companies in the Automotive, Food and Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Electronics, Oil and Gas, as well as many other companies as varied as retail, universities and entertainment. The products are not only used by these companies but they are a key component for the companies to produce their own products.

As an employee you will often be dealing with people from these companies or cases these companies need our help on. Kepware has a great reputation within the industry so customers come to us not to fix defects as much as they come to us to request enhancements or changes to the software so they can use it beyond their initial required application.

Cons

Currently the biggest challenge is hiring great people and on-boarding them as quickly as possible so they can contribute to the team.

"Engineering Staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

I have been working at Kepware full-time

Pros

Remarkably transparent culture, strong teams, inclusive attitude, quality driven, totally motivated to be a great employer

Cons

... eh... parking downtown? working downtown is nice tho.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, the communication, and the openness around values, direction, competition, industry, and goals.

"I love coming in to work every day."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, ME

I have been working at Kepware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kepware is a relatively small company that serves a massive customer base. Even though the company is growing rapidly, management has striven hard to maintain the company's culture and core values through the growth. As you may have been able to guess, the outlook for Kepware's future is awesome. Everyone here is friendly, and also very talented. Everyone who works here is actively engaged as well as invested in and passionate about their work. This makes for an awesome work environment where everyone pulls their own weight and steps up to help out others when things come up. That alone would make Kepware the best place I've ever worked, but the list goes on. Kepware has a beautiful office space in a really nice down town location with easy access to local food and city activities. However, Kepware is also located close to most of the major routes in and out of Portland, making for a relatively easy commute (although if you're coming from the West you'll probably hit traffic). The pay is competitive for the area, and I've never seen benefits like Kepwares. These include great health insurance with dental and vision coverage (they basically cover a lot of the cost of insurance by contributing to your HSA), a 401k with a generous employer contribution, plenty of PTO, as well as 2 paid days off for volunteer service. Other benefits include a gym and quiet room, and professional development is encouraged and sponsored by the company. Kepware also has an excellent maternity (and paternity) program that isn't commonly seen in the area. Work-life balance is good, and when people dedicate extra time to their jobs it is because they want to.

Working at Kepware gets me out of bed every morning and drives me to be the best that I can. I really enjoy the work that I do, as well as the people I do it with, and the markets and customers we serve.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I would actually consider a con, but there is a 20 word minimum here. The worst thing I can think of is that we're currently growing very rapidly, and as a result are experiencing growing pains. This is really just a part of growing and I think management is doing a excellent job at making this as painless as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep communications open; the level of transparency is valued by your employees. We also really value the way Kepware is owned and managed, and it would be a shame to transfer any of that into hands outside the company.

"Proud to work at Kepware Technologies."

I have been working at Kepware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair treatment
    Positive work environment
    Trustworthy upper management

Cons

I know this seems unrealistic, but I honestly cannot think of a con at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Life is too short, work somewhere that inspires you, for me that place is Kepware"

I have been working at Kepware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love coming into work every day. I am greeted by a beautiful office space, smiling faces, and the promise of reward for a job well done. When business travel takes me or my coworkers away, I sincerely miss them. I invest my energy and passion into projects for Kepware, not because I am asked to, but because I want to. Kepware inspires people to give their best, day in and day out. How? By offering what other companies might also offer: competitive pay and great benefits, a modern and friendly ergonomic working space, a new gym and quiet room, and smart high-performance coworkers. But Kepware also has what many companies lack: empowered employees. Have you heard about how employee engagement is right around 50 or 60% in the US, meaning almost half of working adults are not actively invested, or maybe even interested, in what they do every day? Not at Kepware. Kepware takes it a step further to empowerment. The leaders here genuinely want to see every employee thrive.

Life is too short to work somewhere that drains you, where you don't feel passionate or happy. If you come to Kepware, be ready to be challenged and be ready to love what you do. We truly believe in "quality in everything we do" from the comprehensive on-boarding training to the day-to-day work.

This may sound too good to be true, but just walk in the door and you will understand what we are talking about!

Cons

Not really a con, but the company is expanding rapidly and this may cause growth pains as teams and departments figure out new personalities and learn to work with one another as the company evolves.

This is not a good work environment for the "just another number" type of employee or the "old corporate America" type of person. If you want to lay back, not be noticed, and just get by with the status quo this most likely is not the place for you. There are also no "back room" deals; don't expect to use politics or schmoozing to get ahead. This workplace is very transparent and those that get ahead are honest and simply work hard.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture thriving! More inter-departmental events would be welcome.