Life Line Screening Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Colin Scully

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Very low pay and extremely long hours (in 7 reviews)

• I have moved laterally in the company; does not appear that there is room for growth (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Saving Lives Daily"

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Saving Lives Daily, Not Micro-managed. Everyone is willing to help at all levels of senority. A very friendly and caring enviroment. Open to employee feedback for improvment. Simple to understand Metrics and multi level bonus structure. Advancement from within. Consistant recognition. Open door policy with management. Close to home and also offers work from home postions.

Cons

Very fast training, too fast. Not enough emphesis on the VOC. Call flow/structure is lacking empathy. Poor coaching and the quality process does not seem to take into account the VOC.

Advice to Management

The CQ flow and coaching is not to build a lasting relationship with our customers, which IMO should be the goal. CQ grading seems metrics driving, that is okay However the VOC = the NPS. The VOC is driven by making lasting connections. So I think more time should go into develping "soft skills" in training. We are talking to the most vurnerable people. We owe it to them to provide empathy, real care and concern. grading should not be so black and white when you are communicating with human beings there is always a grey area.

Life Line Screening Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Employee Advocates, Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your experience here at Life Line Screening. We value your opinion. We are glad to hear you recognize the impact you make in people's health, in people's lives. Likewise... More

2. "Great Places to Work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Caring compassionate management who will work with you when life throws you a curve. Company built on loyal base of customers who return year after year for our services and for that reason job security very strong in a pleasant as well as friendly, supportive and energetic environment. A great opportunity for those willing to work hard .

Cons

I myself very much appreciate all the overtime available. Life Line Screening provides a very popular service with extra hours available and some may view the occasions that mandatory overtime is required as burdensome.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead with compassion and heart and with an open door policy.

3. "Changes..."

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have an awesome bonus opportunity.
     Most of the people around you are willing to help you if you have questions.
     The team that you are on is like having a second family we protect our own.
     Being able to potentially save someones life is a really great feeling.
     if you have a family emergency they don't give you any hassle about leaving and they give you the opportunity to make up the time you missed most companies don't do that.
     Its just a warm environment to be a part of.
      Being able to go up in the company is really awesome to o also being recognized that you care about your job and the people that you take care of.

Cons

EQUIPMENT!!!!! The software we use is so old and slow you spend more time waiting for it to load than putting your appointment through, the headsets hardly work.
      The chairs are falling apart and are super uncomfortable.
      Your team leads are now where to be found sometimes you have to go out and search just to have a question answered.
     Only hitting one tier means you don't bonus you have to hit two.

Advice to Management

Spend more time focusing on what matters (equipment, employees,ect.)than luncheons and awards prizes.

4. "Preventive Healthcare Advisor"

Current Employee - PHA in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - PHA in Independence, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Co Workers and Management

Cons

No yearly increases or reviews for good employees

5. "Preventative Health Care Advisor"

Current Employee - Preventative HealthcareAdvisor in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Preventative HealthcareAdvisor in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a set schedule with 2 days off. It is business casual so don't have to dress up to work on the phone. They do offer promote from within I have seen a lot of people move up in 2 years I have been here. I qualified on career path to get a raise it was based on achieving my sales tiers to get there. You will hit commission you do have to work for it, I make commission probably 10-11 months of the year. I also have a great supervisor and like the people I work with.

Cons

I work in inbound taking calls and it can be high stress and we are extremely busy you will get back to back calls. I can't convert every call some people just call in for information and that is somewhat frustrating. I have had a lot of changes in call flow since I have worked here and had to change my approach to follow new call flow. It works well now but it was a process took some time for me and I am experienced in call center environment.

Advice to Management

I would really like the opportunity to rent or purchase my own headset I dislike sharing one. We also could use some new chairs in the call center as well. Note to Call Center Manger I like the new break room lots of choices available right here to purchase when I forget my lunch. Thanks

6. "A great place to work, where the management works with you"

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First of all this company gave me a chance from the very beginning. I didn't have the best track record in the past but had made some major changes in my life, but had been denied by several employers prior to applying with Life Line Screening. They were willing to give me a chance despite my not so stellar work history. My experience has been amazing ever since I started. They put you through a 2 week training class with awesome trainers who really get you ready and armed with knowledge of the services that we provide. The management team works with you every step of the way if you are struggling and will coach you on what you can do to improve your performance. The people I work with have turned into a close-knit group of friends and I actually enjoy coming to work on a daily basis. Despite the paychecks being the most money I've ever made in my entire life, I get a different type of paycheck when I talk to a customer that tells me they truly feel that Life Line Screening saved their life. I feel good about the work I do here and have recommended several of my friends who are also currently working here and enjoying their job as well. The benefits are good, the bonus structure is solid and we have fun at work on a regular basis ( Halloween parties, award ceremonies, luncheons, etc.) This job has been a huge blessing in my life and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to work and grow.

Cons

Sometimes the work can get monotonous, but if you treat every call as a new experience to help someone you won't have that problem. In my opinion, anyone who is unhappy with their job here has not taken the coaching from the management serious or is just coming to work to get their hourly paycheck and go home...this company is so much more than that.

Advice to Management

Keep working to help people who are struggling, and continue to have team meetings and keep everyone in the loop with what's going on.

7. "Great employer"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management staff is eager to train and encourage the employees to grow and be successful. It's a fun place to work and at the same time, the management knows when to buckle down and be serious about the customers.

Cons

Some of the agents don't stay on the phones and force other agents to take more calls.

Advice to Management

Keep the atmosphere light and fun. Continue doing workshops for agents to grow.

8. "Great company with great incentives"

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been employed with Lifeline Screening for one month and 13 days i know its not a long time employed with them. At 49 years old i have been employed with a few different places in my life and i can honestly say i love my job i love the people and the Supervisors and the management team are amazing i highly recommend this company to people that are looking for a career tons of opportunities to make money and great benefits. The recognition is also a great part of the different departments here and also an open door to management at any time.

Cons

The only cons i have at this point is if your not happy find a different job no company is perfect

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

9. "Amazing Company !!!!"

Current Employee - Preventative Healthcare Advisor Outbound in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Preventative Healthcare Advisor Outbound in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing,
    fun workplace.
    Very rewarding.
    Potential for growth in company
    Great pay and benefits.
    Flexibility

Cons

No cons unless you're used to weekly pay. When you see your paycheck after 2 weeks though you will be very satisfied

Advice to Management

Keep doing your job and keep helping the company expand.

10. "Straight Up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, up beat atmosphere, company has several days of food brought in by Rodney for days we are busy, food trucks brought in by management, they will work with your schedule, room for advancement, work at home options, options to learn more than just one side of the company, Opportunity for very nice bonuses, PTO time, upper management DOES understand that life can happen and Rodney will work with you for those unforeseen moments in life, ( I speak from experience),

Cons

training feels to short

Advice to Management

Lengthen training