Life Line Screening Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Colin Scully

Pros
  • Saving Lives Daily, Not Micro-managed (in 8 reviews)

• Everyone is willing to help at all levels of senority (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay and extremely long hours (in 8 reviews)

• I have moved laterally in the company; does not appear that there is room for growth (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Saving Lives Daily"

Current Employee - PHA in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - PHA in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Saving Lives Daily, Not Micro-managed. Everyone is willing to help at all levels of senority. A very friendly and caring enviroment. Open to employee feedback for improvment. Simple to understand Metrics and multi level bonus structure. Advancement from within. Consistant recognition. Open door policy with management. Close to home and also offers work from home postions.

Cons

Very fast training, too fast. Not enough emphesis on the VOC. Call flow/structure is lacking empathy. Poor coaching and the quality process does not seem to take into account the VOC.

Advice to Management

The CQ flow and coaching is not to build a lasting relationship with our customers, which IMO should be the goal. CQ grading seems metrics driving, that is okay However the VOC = the NPS. The VOC is driven by making lasting connections. So I think more time should go into develping "soft skills" in training. We are talking to the most vurnerable people. We owe it to them to provide empathy, real care and concern. grading should not be so black and white when you are communicating with human beings there is always a grey area.

Life Line Screening Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Employee Advocates, Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your experience here at Life Line Screening. We value your opinion. We are glad to hear you recognize the impact you make in people's health, in people's lives. Likewise ... More

2. "Exciting at first..."

Former Employee - Inbound Call Center Customer Service Representative in Independence, OH

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a pretty exciting job to get in to, there so much you will learn. You are indeed saving lives. If you have a unique ability to retain everything you are required to learn in a two week training course if your lucky, minds was one week an i had no experience as a in bound sales rep and was on the phones that Friday. If you can manage that amount of stress then you should be great for that part. it was pretty easy for me thankfully because i had lots of experience in customer service and some how i was great at all the other requirements. if you enjoy a highly competitive job where if you don't bring your "A game" every day that you come in, and you can risk losing half the bonus you get every other pay. then this job is for you..

Cons

Old and out dated technology. I and many others lost really good calls and never got them back because of the many tech. issues.. $1,000 sells that could get you a pretty nice bonus.. However these "bonuses" can be underwhelming. they can and will cut your bonuses in half if some of the calls you make aren't just right.. a lot of people quit because of the amount of effort that was being poured in to their jobs, weren't even being recognized like it was promised just because they couldn't read the many disclosures Q&A's to one of the hundreds of customers you speak with a day.

Advice to Management

Don't always be in it for the money and stats. I know that the company knows that a lot of the participants have decent insurance to get their basic blood work done every year so forcing the in- and outbound to try to undermine customers to pay an extra two to three hundred dollars more so that they can get procedures done when they can just get it from their doctors and it's covered by their insurance.

It hurts a lot of the hard working employee's spirit, mind, ambition and bodies.. including myself. No one really seemed to care about the calls rep's that needed to go to the hospital once if not three times a WEEK from the amount of stress the upper staff puts on them everyday. It's immoral.. It reminds of the people we have running the government these days..

3. "Great company to work for that values their employees"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Privately owned and don't have to work for a client. I'm not treated like a number my employer works to have a personal relationship with me and pushes me towards success. I feel valued and part of a team. I feel like my ideas and thoughts matter.

Cons

Technology is a little behind but this companies potential is amazing with the leaders that are in place. This company is going to do nothing but get larger.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide growth opportunities for your employees. Continue to treat people like humans and not numbers. Continue to hold yourself to higher standards than other call centers in Stark County and be the employees of choice in the area.

4. "Event Coordinator"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people overall and very helpful. Not overly life experienced, but capable.

Cons

I can say many things about LifeLine Screening, but none of them very good.

My treatment while I worked there was pretty nominal and dismal. It is a for profit company, but danged if you couldn't beat that trend in areas that will ASSUREDLY ask for money upfront.

I was assigned Long Island and adjacent areas. New Yorkers do nothing for free and asking me to ask for less is idiocy. It was an area fraught with problems, especially in keeping the “rent” low. I could actually sell out a location (100+ patients) and still get burned on the site. It was a no win situation.

Then I got sick and had to take time off to recover, legally. The day I returned they fired me. This was not an ongoing situation, as I rarely ever took time off work – for 40 years. I simply could not function properly and was becoming a zombie – minus the brain-eating thing... After a few months of this I requested and took an unpaid leave of absence. They canned me the day I returned. Now that's the way to handle your employees.

I would've and perhaps should've sued, but I'm not a litigious sort. I was simply happy that I could function properly again and was rid of a company that felt nothing for either the people it treated or its own employees.

I liked some of the people I worked with, but the bosses really sucked. And I'm old enough to know. The truth is you can be a good boss and not be a dorkus. That did not happen with LifeLine Screening, as the dude was bad.

I'd say names, but could perhaps be sued myself. He's maybe VP by now, but he's still vastly less than optimal as a boss.

It was not a good company to work with. I cannot recommend it.

I suppose it could work for you if you'd like to be unduly treated and fired after a long ailment. The med techs are very good and I don't fault them at all, but the company's infrastructure is pretty feeble.

They get paid because they are working on your fears. They may be real, but I didn't care for the fear factor involved. Truth be told, they can be doing good, but Obamacare should now pay for most of it. My boss deserves to be weeping in the street.
    It is called keeping it real.

Advice to Management

Change your people people, as some of them suck.

"anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Life Line Screening (More than a year)

Pros

If you like traveling, working with people and are full of energy this is the job for you.

Cons

lots of traveling, late nights, lots of driving

Advice to Management

no advice

"Do Not Work Here"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Independence, OH

I worked at Life Line Screening (More than a year)

Pros

I can't even put pros here there is not one

Cons

Very unprofessional disrespectful work environment , a lot of favoritism in the workplace , all about making money , they constantly lose pt. blood work, a lot of the machines are always down , and they overbook apts.

Advice to Management

Wake up and watch your surroundings , don't worry about making money

7. "Great service but unstable income"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great service for the community , you do saves lives. Small team and fast pace environment so you never get board.

Cons

No raises, unstable income due to them calling you off if not enough appointments. If you don't like to travel then this job is not for you...100% travel

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The basic screening package is economical and helpful to the customer. M-F schedule with weekends off. Flexible shift options.

Cons

Very long hours with no breaks. You are expected to eat lunch at your desk while taking calls. Company is fueled by greed. Environment is filthy. I worked there for over 3 years but leaving was the best thing I ever did!

Advice to Management

Hire management that is qualified! Require the same amount of productivity from everyone. Give a pay raise when the employee earns it.

"Customer service specialist"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Independence, OH

I worked at Life Line Screening (More than a year)

Pros

The products we sold were about wellness and could actually make a difference!

Cons

Computer issues contributed to being inefficient and not able to achieve team goals!! The operating system we used was very adequated.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Set realalistic goals. Don't punish entire Team just because of one bad apple!

"STAY AWAY!"

Former Employee - Preventive Health Advisor in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Preventive Health Advisor in Canton, OH

I worked at Life Line Screening (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will do well with this company if you have no morals.

Cons

The positive reviews on this website are generated by management, so don't be fooled. As an inbound or outbound sales rep, you will be micromanaged while the team leads are on frequent smoke breaks, eating several times a day, or even out in his/her car sleeping. One team lead spends most of his time walking around the building, outside. If you are an honest person you will not succeed at this unethical company. You will be trained to manipulate and coerce older people into buying things that can be done by their doctors more accurately, and the services will be covered by their insurance. The company advertises paid time off, but when time is requested it is denied the majority of the time. If you have bad attendance, you will be fired, by a team lead that only shows up for work when they want to. There is no room for promotion unless you are a liar and a cheat.

Advice to Management

Try to be honest for once. Marketing is misleading, and sales reps are forced to be deceitful. If you had a product that was worth while you wouldn't have to stoop so low.

Life Line Screening Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Employee Advocates, Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion. We trust that our Team Leads are focused on the same goal which is to educate our consumers on appropriate testing. We take pride in the ... More