MedNet Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

MedNet Technologies Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2016

Found 17 reviews

2.1
MedNet Technologies CEO John J. Pellman (no image)
John J. Pellman
  1. "Good Company that provide training and start to career"

Former Employee - Graphic Web Designer in Melville, NY

I worked at MedNet Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Started my career with company and was trained without having much previous experienced. I was promoted during my time that included position and salary adjustment. Company management is old school but has changed recently to provide advancement. Owners are involved but don't really micro manage, they tend to let my immediate manager handle any situation.

Cons

Office environment can be tad boring, mostly everyone works out of cubicles. Office structure could use more of an open working space to promote interaction on projects and within departments. Changes recently have led to corporate activities, previous to that there wasn't much.

MedNet Technologies2014-11-06
  2. "Good place to start"

I worked at MedNet Technologies full-time

Pros

If you are young and inexperienced this is a good place to start.

Cons

No room to move up and pay isn't very good compared to most places.

MedNet Technologies2016-09-29

"High Turnover"

I worked at MedNet Technologies

Pros

Well, there was free coffee. You could learn a bit more about online marketing. That's pretty much the extent of the positives.

Cons

The cons far outweigh any positives of working there. The pay was absolutely terrible, especially when compared to similar companies. If you are looking for a company where you can move up professionally, I suggest you look elsewhere.

MedNet Technologies2016-10-11
  4. "Cardiac Specialist"

I worked at MedNet Technologies full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working with others. I was excited with the opportunities to learn more about my job.

Cons

The job site was not public transportation friendly. My fiancé needed the only car we had at the time. I now have my own brand new car.

Advice to Management

My advise to all managers, being I was a manager at Wawa is to treat everyone like you would want to be treated.

MedNet Technologies2016-01-04

"Good for a first job, not long term"

Former Employee - Web Designer

I worked at MedNet Technologies part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to get started at your first "real" job. You will learn a lot and have something for your resume. However, you should move on after a year or 2 under your belt because you can only grow so much here. Working part time as a design or comp sci student is honestly the best deal because you can make your own hours and get paid hourly (no OT for most salary employees). The team has high turnover but always... seems to consist of really great, diverse and bright people.

Cons

Owners take things really personally and have a creepy emotional involvement in everything. Also they have cameras on you at all times with which they watch you from their offices. They are nepotistic and have "let go" many very long term employees to replace them with family members. They are cheap. You will likely never get a raise after getting on salary. Low level management is extremely overworked for very... little benefit. These are the most abused people in the company by far. The industry and office practices are antiquated and there is resistance to actually growing with technology. Owners and top level management are almost delusional in their beliefs that their company is progressive.

Advice to Management

You have been here too long. Go somewhere more legitimate where your skills are valued.

MedNet Technologies2015-06-17
  6. "Poorly Managed"

I worked at MedNet Technologies

Pros

Great creative people to work with.

Cons

Owners should stop taking everything personally.

Advice to Management

Get out of your own way.

MedNet Technologies2015-06-21

"Good place to gain some experience."

I worked at MedNet Technologies full-time

Pros

Some of the people there are nice. You don't need much experience to work here at all, and you will gain some valuable knowledge about internet marketing. It's a good place to get some experience under your belt, but definitely not someplace to stay for a long period of time.

Cons

Management there is awful, and very disorganized. The pay is lousy, especially when compared to similar organizations. The turnover rates are extremely high- aside from managers, most people will only stay with the company a year or even less, since there is little to learn beyond that time frame, and there is zero room for career advancement despite what you may be told during your initial interview. The company is... stuck in its approach to technology, and does not want to adapt to the changing times. Little, if any, effort is ever made to boost employee morale. The environment is completely toxic, and is reminiscent of a high school, with plenty of drama and petty nonsense. No matter how hard you work, you will never get any positive feedback, but be prepared for plenty (and I do mean, PLENTY) of negative feedback. The owners are creepy, and have cameras all over the office to monitor employees' every move. Finally, nepotism is a huge problem here. While I realize that this is present at any company, it is especially true of this one since most of the managers are either related to each other, or are a longtime friend of the family.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage. Be present. Listen.

MedNet Technologies2015-07-06

"Stay for a year or so, then move on"

I worked at MedNet Technologies part-time

Pros

Most of the people are nice and it is located on Long island. Other than that, it is really difficult to find things that are positive about this place.

Cons

Very high turnover, poor management, and extremely low pay rates. Those working here should only stay a year or two. After that there is very little to learn because the company is stuck in their approach to technology. They only know one way of doing things, so any new, unique ideas or opinions are routinely ignored. There is also ZERO room for career growth here, despite the company's many claims of being... progressive. Finally, as others on here have already said, nepotism and favoritism are also highly prevalent there.

Advice to Management

Get out of your own way. Hire actual professionals, and stop adding family members and longtime friends to your "management" team. Value your employees and listen to what they have to say rather than brushing things under the rug to make yourselves look better. Your employees need to be heard.

MedNet Technologies2015-06-30

"Great starting point for"

Former Employee - Web Designer/Structure in Melville, NY

I worked at MedNet Technologies part-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees are nice, and the company became more diverse during my stay Great starting point for anyone coming out of college, not much experience is needed I got along with my immediate manager very well, along with 2 others.

Cons

Very old school management style. ‘Butts in seats’ for 9 hours = maximum productivity CEO too involved in lower level management activities No room for advancement and very flat hierarchy with most managers being in their positions for 10+ years. High turnover and very little effort to boost employees morale Receive no praise for good efforts, but lots of negative feedback for mistakes Long term employees are... underpaid despite their tenure Drastically underpaid when compared to comparable positions elsewhere and raises are unlikely Employees are kept part-time to avoid paying benefits Learning will stagnate in a year or less and company is stuck in their approaches to technology

MedNet Technologies2014-10-28

"No management"

Anonymous

I worked at MedNet Technologies

Pros

Free coffee and tea, that is the only good thing.

Cons

Most of company staff is part time. No chance of promotion. Company says salary is competitive, when it is so low employees carpool just to save a buck. Favoritism is rampant. Rules are inconsistent.

Advice to Management

actually learn to manage. be present.

MedNet Technologies2014-10-23