Medcor Reviews

Updated May 10, 2021

3.9
Medcor President & CEO Philip Seeger (no image)
Philip Seeger
Pros
  • "Some are given work from home opportunities(in 21 reviews)

• "Really great company to work for(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Rumors were spread by upper management about personal lives and inappropriate(in 11 reviews)

• "Only 10 and 20 min during shift (not enough time to do anything)(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Medcor a Great place to work

Feb 17, 2021 - Clinical Manager in The Dalles, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to run your site as needed, as long as you meet Medcor standards. Regional Manager is always a phone call away. If you need anything from corporate all you ha e to do is call and someone will help you. Pay is great No tumbling around in the back of an ambulance. Get to work with great people on the construction sites. Great medical protocols are written. I would not want to work anywhere else, this is truly a great company!

Cons

I can not think of any cons to working here. I would encourage you to apply.

2. 5.0

Tele-triage registered nurse

Mar 15, 2021 - Regitered Nurse in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

working from home as a mother is convenient

Cons

inability to work specific hours

3. 4.0

Decent benefits, no connection

May 10, 2021 - Call Screener in McHenry, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, decent benefits

Cons

Lack of connection to company

Executive Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. Working from home has many advantages, but it also makes feeling connected with coworkers difficult and, well, different. We aren’t all used to it yet. We will keep trying new ways to stay engaged. If you find ways that work, please share.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent pay but staffing isn't great.

May 6, 2021 - Clinic Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent with experience level. Some support from management and the work is unique learning experience.

Cons

Short staffed all the time. Was once asked to find people to work here by my supervisor. Im not a recruiter. You have people who do that job already.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Feel good about what we do!

Jan 23, 2021 - National Practice Leader in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Medcor truly practices what they preach in regard to health, safety, and wellness. Medcor always puts their employees (and clients) health and wellbeing first., by providing numerous resources to help you grow and live a healthier life. The amount of knowledge, experience, and resources that Medcor has at its disposal is immense which provides a sense of confidence when carrying out daily tasks. Medcor is very client focused - with the ability to adapt and evolve to their clients needs. When COVID hit in 2020, it was amazing to see the teamwork and hours that went into creating our COVID Screening services in such a short time. The selflessness of each department was inspiring and made me proud to be part of the team. Medcor creates a very motivating environment with room for growth and professional advancement. I can confidently say that this organization cares deeply about its employees and clients. I am proud to be part of the team.

Cons

Medcor has grown so quickly and evolved into providing many services that it may be missing many opportunities that are right in front of them. I feel that due to our wide array of offerings and rapid growth, not all of our field employees have an in depth knowledge of all the services Medcor offers, therefore creating room for our own employees to miss out on identifying potential opportunities for growth. These aren't things our field staff are expected to know inside and out, nor are they responsible for selling our services, but Medcor may be able to help themselves by further educating field staff on the full suite of Medcor services.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Medical administrator

Mar 8, 2021 - Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in Commerce, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

independent work. Great management and environment. Opportunity to travel.

Cons

locations are near LA area. But they are a growing company.

7. 2.0

Low pay

Apr 21, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of places to work

Cons

No communication, low pay, no guidance

Executive Director of Talent Acquisition

Many of our positions do require independence and autonomy, which many employees really like; for others it may not be enough guidance. Please connect at feedback@medcor.com so we can understand and provide the communication and support you want. We try to offer competitive pay, commensurate with the job. Some segments of the health care market offer much higher compensation for different types of jobs, like working in ICUs and ERs. We offer different types of jobs; many do not require on-call, nights, or weekends; others allow work from home and flexible schedule; still others include travel, and so on. We hope employees can find the balance of all these factors that works for them!

8. 4.0

Nice job

Feb 24, 2021 - Medical Administrator in Grapevine, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and great communication with supervisors

Cons

Long hours and my only bad experience was trying to get maternity leave.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work environment

Apr 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

At novarist pharmaceuticals which has good reputation.

Cons

Toxic work environment, poor retention, money grab for Medcor corporate.

VP of HR

We value feedback, even if it is critical or we don’t agree; maybe we don’t have all the info. Please connect anonymously at feedback@medcor.com so we can learn and have the opportunity to do better. Clients know our pricing in advance (unlike with traditional claims based healthcare) and they can drop us if we don’t perform. We value all clients and all employees and we don’t take either for granted.

10. 5.0

Relaxed Work Environment

Jan 30, 2021 - Nurse Practitioner in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

A nice place to work

Cons

often times slow work pace

Viewing 1 - 10 of 147 Reviews