KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Medcor Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2022

Found 199 of over 215 reviews

4.2
Medcor President & CEO Philip Seeger (no image)
Philip Seeger

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Medcor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great colleagues

Jun 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly working environment and moderate workload

Cons

Nothing I can think of now

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Medcor exceeded my expectations

Jun 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employees in McHenry, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I took a job here when I was out of work and looking for a stable job so I could keep a roof over my head, and maybe even learn some new things that could be helpful for my future. Medcor felt like a somewhat random choice for me, but it ended up exceeding my expectations in terms of company culture and professional development. The initial training was extremely thorough, so I felt ready to go to work by the time I completed it. I also picked up a ton of other skills along the way just from dealing with my daily tasks. My coworkers were wonderful too, and were always going out of their way to help me when needed.

Cons

The only downside to my position was that there was no clear path to promotion.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Hire Review

Jun 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employees in McHenry, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been with the company for a relatively short period of time, but I already feel qualified to provide a review of what it’s like to work here because they’re very open about their culture from the get-go. What you see is what you get. It’s a refreshing change of pace from my previous work experiences and I’m looking forward to being with this company for quite some time.

Cons

There aren’t really any cons to working at Medcor so far.

4. 5.0

Excellent training and support

Jun 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exactly what the title of my review says. Medcor excels at training and support. You’re given everything you need to succeed at your job, so if you can’t make it work then you really have to consider if this company is the right choice for you.

Cons

None that I’ve noticed yet. But if the “cons” of a company take a while to show up, that seems to be a pretty good sign they know what they’re doing.

Continue reading
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

So many good things to say

Jun 13, 2022 - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Higher than average salary (my starting pay was much higher than I expected) *Collaborative work environment (teamwork is central to everything we do) *Values-driven company and leadership (every decision is made with integrity and honor) *Fun perks and company events *Encouraged to achieve (everyone is encouraged to go after their most ambitious career goals, Nothing is seen as crazy or off-limits)

Cons

*Upper management could be more approachable *Office politics is a thing, although it’s not as bad as other places I’ve worked

6. 5.0

My experience so far

Jun 15, 2022 - Registered Nurse in McHenry, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s easy to get a job here if you have the necessary qualifications Salary is competitive, but the health insurance is really incredible There’s plenty of opportunities to get promoted and further your career The general work environment is positive and upbeat There are no issues with drama, favoritism, or discrimination

Cons

I have nothing to add to this section.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good work environment

Jun 25, 2022 - Call Screener
    Business Outlook

Pros

Monday through Friday work week

Cons

This position was elimanated sadly

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that believes in patient care!

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employees in McHenry, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having come from a company that was ALL about the money, it is so refreshing to work at a company the everyone believes in the model and PATIENT CARE. The life/work balance concept took me a while to get used to as most clinics don’t really believe in it. The work environment here is more conducive to getting things done without micromanaging.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind in this regard.

Continue reading
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I learned everything I know working here

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team really invests in their employees. I was supported in my work and actively encouraged to develop my professional skills to such an extent that I give all the credit for my current success to the time I spent working here. Managers run a tight ship, and the high standards maintained by everyone pushed me to be my best and give my best every single day.

Cons

Management has VERY high expectations about what needs to be accomplished by each employee. It can get pretty overwhelming if you’re not used to a fast-paced work environment.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jun 21, 2022 - Medical Assistant in McHenry, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Consistently growing company and great mentors

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 199 Reviews

Medcor Reviews FAQs

Medcor has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 215 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Medcor to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Medcor employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Medcor. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

88% of Medcor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Medcor 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Medcor to be career development, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Medcor Job Seekers