Medcor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Philip Seeger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work From Home Depending on Position" (in 12 reviews)

• "Really great company to work for" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "You're constantly monitored and only get a 20-min and a 10- min break in an 8-hr shift" (in 3 reviews)

• "But I will say depending on which division you work for there could be a lot of travel involved" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

I worked at Medcor full-time

Pros

If you work hard, good fortune will follow. Then it’s a career

Cons

If you don’t work hard and just put in your time, it will be just a job and your tenure will be in the NFL (not for long).

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and growing

2. "EMT Fulltime"

Current Employee - EMT in New York, NY
    Current Employee - EMT in New York, NY

I have been working at Medcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company overall, no micromanagement, you have to be comfortable working on your own, ok salary..

Cons

you're given a tremendous amount of responsibility which certainly doesnt match the pay nor the money the company makes off you. Tremendous turnover at corporate, and if you need benefits, the package they give you is worthless in the NY area. Pay doesnt match the industry in the more expensive-to-live regions like the NYC area.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, the job market is for employees right now, specially the qualified and experienced ones, pay market rates..

3. "If I could leave zero stars, I would."

Former Employee - Medical Administrator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Medical Administrator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Medcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Depending on the job site (locations vary) there is the potential while working in medicine to not have to work nights, weekends, and holidays. This is definitely site and client specific, and shouldn't be expected across the board.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. The upper management has a tendency to make promises and not follow through. TONS of micro management. Poor salaries. The benefits changed while I was employed and not for the better. Tons of top level turnover. The good old boys club is definitely alive and well here.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your site managers and pay your people what they're actually worth. Stick to ethical and moral practices. Stop playing favorites.

4. "Medical Administrator"

Former Employee - Medical Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Administrator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Medcor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It was a great company in the beginning

Cons

Growing too fast and can't keep up
    Does not value lower level employees
    If you don't work at corporate then you don't matter and cannot be promoted

Advice to Management

Spend time with your employees who are doing the bulk of the work and not getting the support from their supervisors

5. "Medical Practitioner"

I have been working at Medcor part-time

Pros

supportive management, good teamwork

Cons

Wish part-timers had part-time benefits, part-time CME

Advice to Management

Keep of the good work. Add CME to per diems and part-timers and registrations, which is the industry standard

"Lots of Potential, Poor Leadership"

I have been working at Medcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and and fun. Wellness program and reimbursements for wellness stuff like gym memberships and fitbits.

Cons

A lot of the leadership could care less about good employees. I've worked at Medcor a few years and saw probably about half of the corporate staff leave. Turnover is pretty high. They can't keep talented employees because they are treated like crap and not paid enough to deal with it. The benefits are not all that great. There is a lot of potential in this company, but the leadership just cares about their own ideas and rarely communicates with employees. If you don't work at corporate, you feel disconnected and just another cog in the wheel.

Advice to Management

Learn to lead! Truly listen to employees and hold yourselves accountable for it. Show them that you care about them and they will be loyal to you.

7. "Job"

I worked at Medcor full-time

Pros

Company was great. Employees were great.

Cons

Do not pay what employees are worth.

Advice to Management

Put more monetary value on retaining your employees.

"Triage RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Medcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Finally a job I can see myself during forever! Bye bye bedside burnout. This role let’s me be a nurse without the hospital politics and exhausting physical demands.

Cons

Only having 8 hour shifts is behind the times. Would love a 10 or 12 option since I cannot change for just over a year.

Advice to Management

Offer better schedule options.

"Triage Nurse"

I worked at Medcor full-time

Pros

I think the only pro is being able to work from home so you can control the lighting and environment. They offer some pretty great wellness incentives, that’s about it.

Cons

This company micromanages every single thing a nurse does. If you’re taking a little longer to wrap up a call and take notes, you’ll have the supervisor messaging you asking what’s taking so long. You get an attitude from the majority of the supervisors if you ask to use the bathroom in your own home (even if it’s basically the first time you’ve ever gone on a nonscheduled break and it only takes 1 minute). There’s no flexibility at all, you basically cannot take vacations if you’re new. They nitpick on the most ridiculous things while in training.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, only hire people you can really trust. Train the shift supervisors to not guilt trip for asking for a 1 minute bathroom run. An employee should never feel guilty for asking to use the restroom quickly in their own home. You need to find a better balance for remote employees.

"Triage RN"

I have been working at Medcor full-time

Pros

Nice change of pace as compared to typical health care jobs, great co-workers, good support from immediate supervisor and training.

Cons

Horrible benefits, cannot retain staff, senior management does not care or recognize team in a genuine way.

Advice to Management

Not sure who is responsible for current leaders but since the change work is no longer fun and most of us no longer feel appreciated.