Mercom Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stella Mercado

1. "People/Family friendly company"

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Mercom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mercom has always been a Family oriented company for the 6+ years that I have worked for them. Even though I work several states away from corporate headquarters I always feel like a part of the team/ Mercom family. Mercom has been there to support me whether it be personal or a work related issues I knew that I could count on them for support.

Cons

The only "CON" that I see Mercom having is that being a smaller company they may get overlooked for larger projects. If there was a way for Mercom to cast a bigger shadow on the Government/Civilian IT field it would benefit the company greatly.

2. "Excited for the future!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Pawleys Island, SC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Pawleys Island, SC

I have been working at Mercom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mercom Corporation has an amazing team environment, everyone truly cares about one another and works together. The company has a very fast paced environment and is also growing fast! It is very exciting to see what the future has in store for Merom. The company benefits are also above average, including perks that are outside of just "the norm".

Cons

Only con I can think of is that a little more transition time could be useful for new employees, but again everyone works as a team, so someone is always there if you have a question. Oh and be prepared to hit the ground running, can be a con for some but is not always a bad thing!

Advice to Management

Non that I can think of!

3. "Great Company On The Rise"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pawleys Island, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pawleys Island, SC

I have been working at Mercom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mercom is a great work environment, where everyone is friendly, but we work hard. We have the right individuals to embrace a solid team and only aim to be the best.

Cons

Not for you if you don't want to put in the work.

5. "positive changes"

I have been working at Mercom full-time

Pros

truly a dynamic company, small hometown feeling, big ambitions. Bringing in the right qualified individuals to build a solid team with experience, drive, structure. Mercom has a great reputation in the industry, is well admired. Living at the beach, so tough, and Charleston is only an hour or so away.

Cons

If you're not prepared to roll up your sleeves and work, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

stay on the mission and focus, continue to value your employees, they are your true path to success

6. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Pawleys Island, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Pawleys Island, SC

I have been working at Mercom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual, yet professional work environment. Everyone is focused on the same goal to grow. Sales team is truly supported and valued. Benefits are amazing. Work / Life balance.

Cons

No cons that come to mind. Seriously, this is a great company!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Mercom"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Pawleys Island, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Pawleys Island, SC

I have been working at Mercom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being able to drive to work with a smile on my face is truly a great feeling.
    Working here has made me feel like I've gained a whole new family (as well as a few pounds bc everyone here believes in good meals lol the gym reimbursement is coming in handy). Everyone is extremely welcoming and willing to lend a helping hand. We are one team, here for one mission and that is to innovate our Government. As a Veteran employed by Mercom, I feel as if I am still working for our Country except this time, I feel blessed to know that I am paving the road for our Country's future!

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found any cons...

8. "All Smoke and Mirrors folks"

Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at Mercom (More than 5 years)

Pros

Apparently their marketing person for trying to stack reviews in their favor.

Cons

Deceptive, deceptive CEO, company and tactics. Recent influx of "gee we are great!" reviews due to a protest they filed on a recompete they lost. Trying to prove how wonderful they are and have readers perceive they are releventh but how poor little Mercom gets over looked. They are not winning because they do not have relevant past performances. At least not in the services world. All the stuff they say they do. Nope. All smoke and mirrors. On certs, they pay people to say they have them so they can keep VAR pricing models. They are a VAR trying to have readers believe they perform services in all regions of the US. Nope. Check FPDS. Also- if they are so relevant and wonderful, why did their tech center they were building, and receiving grants from the state, is now on hold? They promised they would bring 150 new jobs! Uhhhh..doesn't look that way.

Advice to Management

Wouldn't matter.

Mercom Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your review of Mercom, we value the feedback as we constantly strive to improve. We are disappointed to hear your perception of our company. However, we strongly disagree that we ... More

9. "Working at Mercom - One of my smartest decisions."

Current Employee - Director of Intelligence and Professional Service in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Mercom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mercom is an excellent place to work, with excellent leadership. This company, who's emphasis is Federal Government, including Intelligence, take great pride in doing thing the right way, not necessarily the easiest or most profitable. We take tremendous pride in our integrity, commitment to excellence and supporting the mission. You will be given every opportunity, training and tools to succeed. What you do with those tools is up to you. Our CEO wants your professional life to be as rewarded as your personal life, she considers both as important. Shortly after starting at Mercom, I introduced our CEO and VP to former colleagues, all retired very senior Intelligence Officers. After this dinner, all came to be on separate occasions and said "OMG, you found a great company and great CEO, hang on to this as long as you can, you don't know how lucky you are." Well, yes I do.

Cons

I'm told not everyone thinks living/working at the Beach is a good thing. I've never met them, but I hear they exist.

Advice to Management

Make sure new folks understand many of these positions are sales related. The world will not come to them, they have to go get the world. Like anything, you'll get out of it as much as you put into it.

10. "Team work makes the dream work"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Pawleys Island, SC
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Pawleys Island, SC

I have been working at Mercom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with here at Mercom. They have become like family to me. Great Benefits!

Cons

Parking (which will no longer be a con once we move into our new building).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

11. "Great location. Great People."

Pros

Mercom is a growing company in a great location housing some great employees! I can't wait to see what the coming years hold for us! Best place around to work, hands down!

Cons

Growing means change; you must be open to it in order to thrive.