KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MindGeek Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2022

Found 435 of over 466 reviews

3.7
MindGeek CEO Feras Antoon (no image)
Feras Antoon

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management, my manager never says hi when we cross paths in hallway, just to start with that imagine.(in 44 reviews)
  • "Main con is low salary(in 39 reviews)
  • "What a dreadful environment, full of nepotism, greed, back stabbing and most of all incompetence.(in 27 reviews)
  • "Turnover can be high, certain managers are not necessarily qualified for their position.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Upper management and HR won't care for you, they live in Boogie Nights world or La La Land, I really don't know.(in 12 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of MindGeek and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Nice and Fun place to work

Feb 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, lots of perks

Cons

No room to Grow. Reducing workforce

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love it here

Jan 12, 2022 - Producer in North Hollywood, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything, I've had a great experience here

Cons

Can't think of anything at the moment

3. 2.0
    Current Employee

worst job ever

Oct 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

free protein, mostly but not really

Cons

not any that i can think of

4. 3.0

Skimpy on wages

Aug 19, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Casual work environment, usually fun people to work with. Get to work with adult content (if that's your thing).

Cons

Getting paid a reasonable wage is nearly impossible. They prefer hiring junior developers and paying them near minimum wage.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0

Hay

May 9, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

All the data they had there

Cons

Lack of pay kind of sucked

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Cool

Nov 22, 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got valuable experience dealing with huge loads of data.

Cons

Salary could be a little bit better.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good lower level employees, bad upper management

Jun 13, 2017 - Administrative Assistant in Burbank, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some fun people to work with on the day to day Seemed to have the ability to work with multiple departments if you played your cards right

Cons

I was at MindGeek before it was MindGeek, so there was a lot of restructuring going on during my time. Employees were overloaded with work, and there were mass layoffs frequently. Perhaps it was simply the industry, but many of the execs were more concerned with themselves and stroking their egos than the happiness of the lower level management and employees. There were some strong leaders, but those leaders seemed to face an uphill battle against those who only cared about their stake in the company. There was also some shady business that occurred, where a do not compete contract was broken, so there were a handful of employees that felt the need to watch their backs since they had technically dumped their prior employer. In the end I'm not sure any of them are still there, again, due to layoffs. The people at the lower levels were fun to work with and were very pleasant, but I found the overall business practices to be a bit toxic.

16 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not a bad place to work

Jun 11, 2015 - Graphic Designer in Burbank, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As far as the department I worked for, my boss was flexible and worked with you. The work was non stop which was good..but all good things come to and end.

Cons

They have a huge turn-over rate. People working there aren't happy simply because they can't sit back and enjoy the job. They're always stressing about losing their jobs.

9 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's A-OK

Jul 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-no micromanagement -always stuff to be done, but never overloaded -very chill environment -full benefits kick in after 90 days, including medical, dental, vision, and $ to put toward a gym membership

Cons

-starting pay per hour is low and not enough to live off comfortably (still slightly above what min wage is right now, but in one of the most expensive states to live in, that's not worth much)

14 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0

Good People

Nov 3, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

most of the employees are good people and friendly. Office is nice and clean, quiet office. coffee is available. Always busy with plenty of work

Cons

Management is in Canada and does not always understand the need of the employees who are 3000 miles away. Confusion on training and proper methods since things are subject to management whims

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 435 Reviews

MindGeek Reviews FAQs

MindGeek has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 466 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at MindGeek to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MindGeek employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MindGeek. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

77% of MindGeek employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MindGeek 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MindGeek to be workplace, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with MindGeek Job Seekers