MindPoint Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 8, 2019

4.9
Patti Chanthaphone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Taking Care of It’s People"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MindPoint Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

MindPoint Group truly cares for its people. Aside from good pay, great benefits, strong company culture and opportunity to grow, they truly care about their people. One recent example is the government shutdown which started 12/22/2018 and still going as of this post. While the company wasn’t severely impacted, 15 employees were furloughed from government projects. They had to take PTO and were running out of leave. The company started a PTO donation drive which raised 820 hours of PTO for the 15 employees. What’s most notable is that 438 PTO hours (over half) were donated by the 4 partners’ from their personal PTO. This is one example of what this company does for its people.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Feel lucky to have worked here"

I worked at MindPoint Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MindPoint Group really cares about employees. The benefits are great and they recognize hard work by actively rewarding employees.

Cons

I can't think of any downsides.

3. "MindPoint Group: Principled & Prodigious"

Current Employee - Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at MindPoint Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This office and company are great enough that I am, in all seriousness, almost superstitious about posting about how great it is. I will be coming up on my five-year anniversary here, and don’t want to jinx it, but I genuinely love working here because it never quite feels like work. Even when there are client deadlines, or deliverables to be completed, there is always someone willing to lend a helping hand to get the job done in a way that never really feels as stressful as it has at other organizations.

Things just seem to be done so rationally here, and reasonably too. Workplace politics that I have come to deal with at other places are relatively nonexistent. The management is doing a great job of keeping a company both focused and flexible. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who are universally interested in learning and applying knowledge to tasks in ways that are pretty hard to argue with. As a company, they are dedicated getting great people to do great jobs.

Over the years, I have worked with a lot of people who were able to work independently as well as in teams. The strong sense of comradery and teamwork is a characteristic that truly permeates through all levels of the organization, starting at the top.

There aren’t a lot of companies that can honestly say they have accessible people in leadership who come from diverse backgrounds. As my tenure with this company continues, it becomes more and more apparent that this organization is committed not only to diversity in the workplace, but also diversification in the missions that they choose to support. I think this has been beneficial to retention of talent from commonly underrepresented groups in the cyber security field as part of the company. I have really enjoyed working at MindPoint Group and look forward to growing with such a prodigious and principled business like this one.

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, follow the path of the moral compass that has helped get MindPoint Group achieve the success that it has.

Jul 18, 2018 – VP/Managing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

4. "Make IT Security Great Again (MISGA)"

I have been working at MindPoint Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MPG is a great company to work with. They are vested in my professional growth. I am considered a boomerang by sorts. I left MPG about two years ago but joined again this year. I can truly say that this company is special.

From the competitive benefits to the outstanding pay, they know how to take care of a professional. The work is equally changeling and rewarding.

I have found my place of retirement.

Cons

I do not have any cons about MindPoint Group at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep on winning!

Jul 18, 2018 – VP/Managing Partner

Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate your feedback and input. And finally, welcome Back!

5. "A Great Small Company That Focuses on its People"

Current Employee - Consultant in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at MindPoint Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working here for a little over a year and I waited to be here for a year before writing a review. Most of the other reviews are pretty accurate from what I've read. So instead of writing everything they've already said, I'll state the couple things that I really enjoy about MindPoint.

Coming from a large Fortune 50 company, I really appreciate how MindPoint puts the focus on their employees. You don't feel like a cog in a machine. Between what I've experienced first-hand and what I've witnessed with other people, MindPoint goes out of their way to both help and recognize the good work of their employees. For example, recently a contract was coming to a semi-abrupt end and instead of laying people off or telling people to look for other jobs like larger consulting firms have that I know of, MindPoint put forth a lot of effort to find work and move myself and my other teammates to a contract where our skills can be put to use.

As I mentioned, MindPoint also does a good job of recognizing the good work of their employees. They just recently implemented a new reward/incentive system by the name of "Recognize" where you accumulate points and can turn them in for tangible rewards. 1 point equals 1 dollar. So if you have 500 points, you can turn that in for $500 cash. The "Recognize" awards each vary in value from gaining 10 points all the way up to gaining 2500 points. Just a heads up, the professional development rewards gain you the most points (these are accomplished via obtaining professional certs and such).

Finally, I really enjoy how you get a bunch of face time with the founders. I'm in a unique position being at the main HQ office in Alexandria with my contract. Depending on your contract, you may or may not be in the Alexandria office, but if you are then you'll be able to see and chat with the founders bunch - which you never get at Fortune 50 companies.

Cons

As I said, this depends on your contract, but a certain Con might be not really getting any face time with the founders because your contract is on the client site away from the Alexandria office.

Advice to Management

Not sure if you guys already do this, but if not, I recommend some way where those employees on different client sites get a chance to see or engage you guys more. Coming from a larger company, it's nice to chat with the founders and personally see that you guys put emphasis on the employees by going out of the way to engage with us and see us.

Jun 20, 2018 – VP/Managing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write this thorough review. We really appreciate your input and feedback. We will definitely make sure to follow up on your advice to have our client site team... More

"Love the Culture!"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at MindPoint Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for MPG for over 3 years and I was recently promoted into the Team Lead position last year. I was hired as a Consultant which is their equivalent of a middle level employee. I worked hard and it paid off because it was recognized not only by the client site management team but the MPG management team. This new promotion puts me in the management training program. I am receiving mentoring from my manager to eventually become a manager for the company by learning aspects of Business Development, cost associated with the company and how contracts are developed. I have been enrolled in a few web-based leadership training classes through their HR learning portal. I also reach out to both the hr manager and my manager to discuss career growth. It is helpful as I am trying to learn more about management since that is my career goal.

Other major pros are the benefits. They allow employees to take professional development boot camps without forcing employees to use their own PTO and they reimburse you for the cost of the classes. My previous employer forced me to take PTO and didn't reimburse me for my educational courses.

Cons

I would like get more communication from the company about their contract awards, updates about internal news, etc. We had Town Halls and company newsletters last year but I haven't seen much this year. I really like reading and knowing what is going on with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Thanks for allowing me to grow with the company and taking the time to mentor me. I love that the company has an open door policy and I can meet with various members of the leadership team to receive insight and guidance.

Jun 1, 2017 – VP/Managing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your insight and feedback is very helpful with allowing us to continue to improve as a company. Thank you for letting us know the communication via... More

"My second family"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at MindPoint Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My MPG fam is my second family indeed! Everyone here is super nice and helpful. No micromanagement. Great benefits. Fun company events. Great work-life balance!

Cons

Still growing. Some policies / procedures not clearly defined or consistent.

Jul 22, 2018 – VP/Managing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback. Policies and procedures continue to be updated as we bring new capabilities online. We hope you have seen more updates... More

"Policy Analyst"

Current Employee - Policy Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Policy Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at MindPoint Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, Decent Salary. Great Benefits.

Cons

None come to my mind.

Jul 22, 2018 – VP/Managing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write this post. We appreciate your feedback.

"MindPoint Group is simply great"

I have been working at MindPoint Group full-time

Pros

Amazing work atmosphere and a wonderful, diverse group people to work around. I've been lucky to be a part of the MPG family for almost a year and I hope to be for many more years to come. The work is challenging and rewarding. I feel an incredible sense of purpose coming in to work each and every day. Great mentors and managers all around to guide Jr level employees.

Management is always friendly and willing to step up to take care of their employees. Great benefits package and a lot of room for growth in different projects.

Cons

It's difficult to find anything to criticize MPG about. My experience has been positive and anything negative I've experienced is insignificant.

Jul 22, 2018 – VP/Managing Partner

Thank you for your feedback. It is definitely appreciated. We are lucky to have folks like yourself who make our collective success possible! Thanks again for taking the time to write this review.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at MindPoint Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mindpoint Group is a great place to work for anyone interested in cyber security. There are several different projects to work on and many opportunities to learn. It is a very enjoyable environment to work in as several colleagues have also become close friends. Professional development is highly encouraged and the benefits are good too. Even though its a small company, they're doing big things!

Cons

No cons, keep up the big work, can't wait to see the company continue to grow.

Jul 22, 2018 – VP/Managing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to find your journey with us fruitful.