Niagara Conservation Reviews

Updated Sep 26, 2019

3.1
Niagara Conservation President William Cutler (no image)
William Cutler

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Niagara Conservation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Impressive benefits - Reasonable compensation - Lots of autonomy - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues Great company to work for and will stay as long as possible! Very positive culture here. My manager trusts in me, and that has made my confidence grow tremendously. We like to celebrate holidays here! This celebrating and sense of family creates that strong culture. There are a few people here that really have made an impact on my time here and show who Niagara is and stands for. The culture is laid back, but professional when it's the time.

Cons

One of the top dogs can be more approachable.

Niagara Conservation2018-10-31
  2. "The job market is too good to waste your time here!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Clerk in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Niagara Conservation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Layed back casual environment where you don't have to work if you don't choose to because HR has a puzzle for you to do.

Cons

Niagara is a family owned and operated company whose only concern is more money in their pockets. This is great but they need to be honest and not hire people under false pretenses which they always do. If you are not a family member, family friend, or close confident of the family you will not be successful at Niagara. The average tenure at Niagara is 3 years so don’t waste your time here when there are so many better opportunities in today’s job market. 22 of the 66 employees have left Niagara in the last 18 months because of the company culture and lack of respect by Niagara owners and executives. A large majority of the employees who have left were educated professionals in higher up positions like VP positions all the way down to customer service and the warehouse. The majority of people who work at Niagara are not higher educated which may be why executives treat us the way they do. This is not a great place to work and has only been given the award the last 2 years because if you didn’t complete the survey you continued receiving emails reminding you to do so. Employees felt pressured to keep their jobs so they did the survey because if it was an anonymous survey no one would have known who had or hadn’t completed it. If you like surveys, there’s never a shortage because Niagara uses them instead of face to face communication with employees. Niagara boosts values that they in no way stand behind. There isn’t a bit of integrity in any of the actions by this company. To avoid defamation claims this will be left here but know if you’re a person with morals and a conscious this isn’t the company for you. They use their employees until they are no longer of any use and then dispose of them as if they were never vital in change or growth.

Niagara Conservation2019-09-27

September 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. While HR has a puzzle for employee's to work on, it is there to create team building and a time for you as individual to get to know other teammates. It is not there for you not to work, that would be a very distorted misconception of why the puzzle has been provided. I would like to encourage you to speak directly with the HR Manager before making a blanket statement that HR does not work for all employee's but rather just for the executives and owners. I believe Niagara Conservation has just hired a new HR Manager - it may be worth it for you to speak 'face to face' with HR versus communicating via this platform. Changes cannot be made if HR does not know of the issues.

3. "Think Twice Before Working At Niagara Conservation"

1.0
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at Niagara Conservation full-time

Pros

There aren't a lot of pros... unless you are one of the favorites. The people you MAY work with can be great but other people in other departments are questionable. You get the chance to play shuffleboard and drink while at work but when it comes to any kind of career growth - think twice.

Cons

HR doesn't know what they are doing. Nepotism at its finest and not everyone is held to the same standards.

Niagara Conservation2019-08-18
  4. "Where to start..."

2.0

I have been working at Niagara Conservation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a couple of gems that work at this place, but none that stick around too long. Very casual work environment. You have great job security if you’re a friend/family member of a manager or director. Food is always available if you like it handed to you on specific days and times like you are in kindergarten.

Cons

Nepotism at its finest. Not everyone is held to the same standards AT ALL. It’s unbelievable this hasn’t changed in so many years. These positive reviews are laughable - all newbies that were probably asked to leave a review by HR for an extra snack at snack time. Some of the most recent 5 star reviews have already quit. If you really want the truth talk to an ex employee- not these fake 5 star reviews.

Niagara Conservation2019-05-24
  5. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Trade Show Coordinator in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at Niagara Conservation full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people at Niagara are friendly, supportive and great to work with. I felt welcomed from day one and continue to be supported by my immediate team as well as the company as a whole. There is almost always some type of food to be had. Fresh fruit every Monday and breakfast on Friday with holiday parties and other events sprinkled all over.

Cons

I think they may be trying to fatten me up for Thanksgiving.

Niagara Conservation2018-05-21
  6. "Very satified"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Niagara Conservation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Industry leading product. A great blend of youth and experience. Small enough to be nimble, large enough to have security. There's a clear focus on making Niagara a company you want to work for.

Cons

Nothing so far that isn't found at most manufacturers.

Niagara Conservation2018-04-27
  7. "Feels Like Home - Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I have been working at Niagara Conservation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Family owned and operated and it's a very family oriented vibe here. Great opportunity to grow as Niagara promotes from within. I've been with the company for 8 years, starting as a temp for a special program, to customer service manager and now sales. You are not just another brick in the wall here your ideas are heard and your hard work is noticed and rewarded. Great Water Conservation Products and the company stands behind them. Niagara continues to listen their employees and finds new ways to make working here fun and rewarding.

Cons

Bagel Monday's, weekly fruit baskets, monthly birthday cake celebrations and breakfast Friday's makes it real difficult to keep my figure.....

Niagara Conservation2017-08-30

"Happy Employee"

I have been working at Niagara Conservation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Company culture (it's awesome!!) - Company events - Support from team - Company has consistently grown and improved since I started three years ago - Health/Wellness initiatives - Food provided frequently: fruit basket on Monday's, snacks on Wednesday, and breakfast on Friday!

Cons

- No real cons, it's an awesome company!

Niagara Conservation2017-06-23

June 27, 2017VP, HR

Thank you for your feedback! You ALL help make this a great place to work as well!

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Niagara Conservation full-time

Pros

#1 They are a green company that helps conserve water which helps our environment while providing a great product for our customers. #2 Friendly and professional working environment as well as they encourage and offer free training for personal and professional growth. #3 Great employee benefits such as 401K & affordable health insurance.

Cons

Location- traffic is heavy most days around office and it makes my commute more difficult

Niagara Conservation2017-05-15

May 31, 2017VP, HR

I agree the commute can be challenging around DFW but we're happy you make the drive and are a part of the Niagara team!

10. "Nothing but good!"

I have been working at Niagara Conservation full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Wellness initiatives - Celebration of holidays, work anniversaries, and birthdays -High energy work place -Lots of laughs -We all have brand new Varidesks

Cons

-We don't have a Keurig any more

Niagara Conservation2017-05-19