What people are saying about Novartis
Got a burning question about Novartis? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Novartis employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The work life balance is good and a company to look out for in later career" (in 721 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and scientists are motivated and talented." (in 534 reviews)
- "Great culture and investment into R&D" (in 466 reviews)
- "great people (managed not so well) and it was used to be much more scientific." (in 341 reviews)
- "Good Salary and Bonus." (in 290 reviews)
- "poor management and handling of issues raised" (in 202 reviews)
- "If we are in good managers team... It's the best place to work... Else it's a hell...." (in 110 reviews)
- "Poor leadership and lack of corporate direction" (in 83 reviews)
- "Too much bureaucracy and politics" (in 37 reviews)
- "Managers weren't very helpful and upper management was too busy protecting their own jobs." (in 34 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Novartis and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 7,159 of over 10K reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Aug 23, 2023Managing DirectorCurrent Employee
Strong rewards and incentives: salary, bonus, stock, health benefits. Exciting science and transformative advanced therapy platforms.
Leadership says one thing (e.g., be unbossed) but consistently does another (reprisal for failure). Not a psychologically safe environment to work in: they advertise you to be open (e.g., speak your mind), but consistently reward behavior that's in line with conformity (e.g., "do what you're told" or "think my way instead of your way"). If the mid-level leadership was completely different, it could be such a MAGNIFICENT and rewarding place to work. Too bad.2
- 1.0Sep 20, 2023Senior Brand ManagerCurrent EmployeeMontreal, QC
Some pretty good drugs in pipeline.
No autonomy; no investment in the brands you work on; people are demotivated with the move to Old Montreal; no creativity to the work; poorly trained management; no appreciation for hard working staff; cost cutting is ongoing across the board; no innovation; none of the best external suppliers (agencies, consultancies, etc) want to work with you if you are managing a brand at Novartis; brand opportunities are squandered; no corporate vision.
Novartis Reviews FAQs
Novartis has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 9,792 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Novartis to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
78% of Novartis employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Novartis 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.