Novartis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novartis Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2018

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novartis.

Interview

It is based on the 6 core values of Novartis. It is a 30 minute interview process with 2-3 behavioral questions followed by 5-10 minutes of questions to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict with your team member and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (New York, NY).

Interview

The HR was not clear of the role that would be offered so he said the recruitment manager would disclose it.
    4 Rounds were taken honestly waste of time.
    1. Business Discusion
    2. SAS test
    3. Tablaeu Test
    4. Situational Test

After the 3rd round I was told the recruitment manager is not convinced that I would join the company an would like to talk to me. A meeting was set up to which I had prepared myself. On the call he started discussing the situational questions and other hygiene questions. My only concern here is why was wasn't I given clarity about the interview. I was told this round would be for salary discusion and joining discusion

Interview Questions

• how would you analyse the sentence that an average Indian family dumps 1 ton of garbage.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novartis.

Interview

Interviews were pretty laid back, first interview over the phone then got a call back and final round were 3 interviews in one day. First two with current senior managers and last one with human resources manager.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis in February 2018.

Interview

I applied through a campus opening. First I had an on-campus interview with the analytics director, followed by a phone call interview with the project manager that would have been the supervisor for the internship. Both friendly and easy to talk to

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions, some think-on-the-spot (what are the similarities between a cat and a fridge) and some data-science related questions (SQL, machine learning, technical projects)   Answer Question

Scientific Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novartis (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted of attending meetings with two people in the department at a time over the course of a day. Questions were primarily derived from my presentation but there were a few retro synthetic analysis questions.

Clinical Scientist Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview shortly after sending my CV to the company. A month later, I had a face-to-face interview at the office. The interview was conducted professionally - the interview panel was courteous and friendly. I did not receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this company ?
      What was your greatest achievement ?
      Describe 1-2 unethical situations you experienced and how did you handle them ?   Answer Question

Epigenetic Interview

Interview

Ask about why choosing the program, giving self introduction and what specific type of the research of the experiment had before. Then the interviewer ask about how would us work in a group given a certain circumstance.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Novartis (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I conducted a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by the hiring manager. I followed up with the recruiter; she has yet to return my call. It has been approximately two months since that phone interview so I assume I did not get the job.

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novartis (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First there was a phone call interview with HR, which led to a phone interview with the department head. Seemed to go very well, but did not recieve an offer

Interview Questions

• What do you do when someone on your team is not cooperating with the game plan?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (Cambridge, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Lab Head by email. Scheduled an Skype interview. The interview lasted about 40 minutes with detailed questions about my research topic and experience. No questions behavioral questions. Strictly research related. What would I do to improve the experiment, troubleshooting, etc.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about my previous research experience   Answer Question