Novartis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2018

Sort:

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (East Hanover, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

First phone interview, mainly on your experience and skill sets, talk about the projects you did.
    Then on-site interview with panel staff. It is also required to take drug test and background check. The whole process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• There could be a couple of relative challenging questions, but overall not difficult.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Initial contact made via telephone conversation, reviewing my industry experience & how their referring employee and I knew each other. The I was asked to do online application, followed by a telephone interview by a recruiting firm. Once having passed that, a live interview was scheduled, where I met with the hiring District Sales Manager and one of his counterparts. I'd prepared for the interview w/ coaching from my friend who was currently employed by Novartis, and studied the product portfolios. Having already worked with Novartis at the contract sales force level, I had a good understanding of the culture and how things worked there. But as well as the telephone interview went with the hiring manager, the "vibes" at the live interview were not good and I felt it was more directed towards making me feel uncomfortable and highlight what I didn't know.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, what one would it be and what characteristics/features of that animal would made you the perfect candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis.

Interview

Took 2 weeks to receive a response, sent an automatic email letting me know other candidates were better qualified. Standard rejection email from an HR office. Encouraged to apply to other positions.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Novartis (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter moved you through the process very quickly. Called by 2 recruiters before something was set up with the hiring manager. there was no follow up, I had to email repeatedly to see what was the next step. I prefer a process that the recruiter will send an email or someone will give feedback. it felt like big pharma in the process.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Novartis.

Interview

I was able to get an interview because of a friend. The district manager was fine, but the regional manager was tough. He kept glancing at my watch and made me feel unwanted and under valued. I ending up getting the job, but I swore I was out.

Negotiation

No, I tried to negotiate because it was 8k lower than where I was at; however, I was unemployed at the time and they told me there were five more people lined up to take my job and that was all they could give me since I had barely two years of sales experience.

Pharmaceuticals Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novartis (North Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by scheduled face to face to basicly meet you in person and see what your communication skills and background were verbally, with of course bringing a brag book of accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing for the last year?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your background, continuing from the back of the resume forward.   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. Sometimes can take a long time. Schedules are so crazy that it can be very had for management to find time to interview, which can stretch process out for months. Drug test at the end, with a background check. Is universal to all divisions.

Interview Questions

• Some people really get technical, others stay surface level, but there are technical monsters out there waiting to make sure you know that they know more than you do. It's best to roll over and play dead if this happens to you.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (Cambridge, MA) in April 2008.

Interview

Received a call after applying for a job, standard phone interview with a few Q&As. 1 week later, I interviewed in person with HR, hiring manager, and peers. Mostly consisted on one-on-one interviews, had one panel. Felt like I had the offer leaving the interview, received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Asked a situational questions, "If you found a colleague breaking a company policy, how will you respond?"   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novartis (East Hanover, NJ) in March 2009.

Interview

Many interviews with all stakeholders (depending on department and level). They make decisions fairly quickly. Everyone I ever interviewed with (5 jobs over an 18 year period) were prepared and on time. It is helpful to know the therapeutic areas, products and pipeline. The website is robust and has a lot of information. The website is also accurate as far as culture and principles of the company.

Interview Questions

• They rely on behavioral based interview questions (who doesn't these days?). I always did my homework, so I did not find any questions unexpected, surprising or particularly difficult. THey pride themselves on hiring the best and the brightest, and truly try to retain talent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. More like "this is the offer". However, I was an internal candidate for most of the jobs I had here, and internal equity ruled. Fair enough.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novartis in January 2007.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with hiring manager, then a face to face interview with 6 people. I was asked about previous experiences, some behavioural type questions, the chatted with hiring manager and her boss. I also had a meeting with HR where I was also asked about items on my CV, salary requirements, prior experience and some behavioural type questions.