One Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
One Medical CEO Amir Dan Rubin
Amir Dan Rubin
Pros
Cons
  • "growing pains, growth opportunities for admins(in 21 reviews)

• "Growing pains from startup to grown up(in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome culture and mission"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at One Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

One Medical is a place where you can be surrounded by super smart, highly motivated people who are great at what they do and passionate about our mission. Things happen fast, but leadership definitely recognizes the importance of work/ life balance and makes a huge effort to nurture company culture.

Cons

Typical growing pains for a company of our size? We're scaling quickly and sometimes it seems like we're figuring a few things out as we go. Overall, it feels like a really exciting time to be on the team.

One Medical2019-08-21
  2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at One Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

You enjoy coming to work and the patients enjoy coming in. Making healthcare an enjoyable, empowering and easy experience is very motivating. You are constantly challenged with finding systems that can work better and are given the opportunity to find better outcomes. Benefits are great.

Cons

Workflows and processes are ever changing and you need to be open to that. Daily huddles can be repetitive. Admin schedule isnt very flexible.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate and be open to feedback because there is so much changing from week to week.

One Medical2019-09-21
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Okay"

Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at One Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Patients, structure, opportunities, co-workers, location

Cons

Salary isn't as much as expected

One Medical2019-10-10
  5. "Workplace Culture and Beyond"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at One Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

As part of the team that delivers the highest quality care and service to our patients, I am one of many who strive to use compassion and empathy with not only our patients, but our staff. This workplace culture is like no other. The human connection you find at One Medical signifies why we are such a spectacular practice. Not only is everyone at One Medical human centered, our modern tools that are incorporated for... staff ensure not only a smooth process for patient care, but easy training and excellent connecting tools to be the best. Leadership is strong, stable and gentle. Feeling at home is a big part of why I am here, built up by incredible staff that only want to see me succeed as I help patients daily. The interview process was streamlined to narrow down the perfect people they want to interact with all patients. It is fine tuned through training as you are given an "anchor" to see you through until you can fly on your own! Benefits are excellent and the opportunity for future growth is what has me most excited. Everyone at One Medical wants to see growth, compassion and encouragement with each and everyone one they come into contact with, patients and staff alike. I love the moral that is here at One Medical and all the team events we have coming up. I feel like part of an amazing family. I have found my forever work home!

Cons

I have not ran into any negatives with this job.

One Medical2019-09-19
  6. "Lots of opportunity to make a difference with a great team"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at One Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company continues to make smart investments in our people, our patient offices and our technology. We need all three to grow successfully. Our teams constantly rally around our mission to transform healthcare; and our CEO, Amir makes a point of recognizing big and small wins all the time. We've got so much great talent across the company - and we're in super growth mode right now. I run into random... people all the time who are patients of ours, and love our care, so when they hear I work at One Medical they get really excited to tell me about their experience. That's cool.

Cons

We are growing fast, so not everything is concrete - yet. I'm OK with that, and believe it's an opportunity for me and others to influence what this company will be in the future. Health care is broken, and we're trying to fix it. I can swing with a bit of growing pains in the meantime.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your teams, and support them knowing we have a variety of experiences to draw from. Keep focused on things that are important - career development, leading through change, and recruiting passionate, collaborative employees. Then, the rest will happen.

One Medical2019-09-16
  7. "Amazing vibe"

Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at One Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the friendliest people I have ever worked with who deeply care about their patient service and experience.

Cons

Not a marketing first organization, wants to grow consumer base but did not budget accordingly. Still in the learning process

One Medical2019-09-15

"Fabulous place to work, amazing talented people"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at One Medical full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing colleagues dedicated to disrupting healthcare. I've never worked with such a dedicated group of folks; all super talented and at the same time so caring. It truly feels like a family, I can't imagine working anywhere else. Great benefits, free food, snacks, etc. Glorious views and amazing work environment in our new offices at the Embarcadero Center

Cons

Like any company with phenomenal growth, there are growing pains. What I love is how proactive management is about addressing any issues that come up.

Advice to Management

I feel completely supported by my management. The company, in general, has stepped up its review check-in process and feedback is constantly flowing. I reall feel my manager has my back and is looking out for my career growth.

One Medical2019-09-09

"Cool For What It Is"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Site Steward in Washington, DC

I worked at One Medical full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are really great at presenting a really empowering, progressive, and all incluusive environment. Flexible Innovative Greating at Hiring Melanated People Easy navigation for clients

Cons

Microagressions False sense of community/ empowerment

Advice to Management

Actually listen, comprehend, and implement feedback.

One Medical2019-09-10

"Needs Improvement"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at One Medical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and good trajectory

Cons

Seemingly unfair compensation related to other larger healthcare companies

One Medical2019-08-10

"Over worked and under paid"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at One Medical full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid holidays. Weekends off. Great for resume.

Cons

Literally everything else. There’s no structure. Admins are encouraged to make clinical decisions and triage patients because of the “high volume” of calls. In reality it’s because they can’t seem to keep a clinician for more than a year or two. The turn over rate is astronomical- meaning you can be the most senior admin after only a few months of working. Training is NON EXISTENT. Company preaches “Feedback... Culture” , but all that means in application is that people feel empowered to criticize you with a smile on their face. You have to just sit there and take it other wise you “aren’t open to improvement”. High call volumes lead to back-to-back calls and 80% of them are patients complaining about the outrageous bills they’ve received. The Product teams makes changes that hinder work flow for admins specifically. Claiming effectiveness but actually only trying to hide the fact that there aren’t enough admins on staff- and everyone else needs to pick up the slack. There is no opportunity for career advancement despite the constant rhetoric spewing from upper management saying otherwise. Over all, way too much stress for the pay.

Advice to Management

Stop doing Gemba time, and listen to the feedback of your employees. If we are all saying the same thing- it might be worth looking into.

One Medical2019-08-23