Open Systems Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Harold Herling

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • fun work environment for mundane job (in 6 reviews)

• They expect a lot of good hard work out of their employees, but we are compensated so generously (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, can be a grind at certain times (in 4 reviews)

• Their is absolutely NO training provided (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Working for Open Systems Technologies"

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working for Open Systems about two months ago. I've worked for another recruiting firm for two years prior and I can honestly say that this place is a breath of fresh air for me for several reasons:

- Amazing coworkers and everyone is super helpful
    - Working with top financial firms in the NYC area
    - No skill set alignment; you get to work on anything and everything you want
    - Brand new office space (start up environment)
    - No 'micromanagement', instead you have leaders that will help motivate and teach you, not constantly breathing down your neck like most recruiting firms
    - Great management. Owners are involved and really take the time to improve the place and its' people

Cons

The only con is that for people without any recruiting experience, there is not a solid training structure provided here. With that said- if you're not self-motivated and unwilling to go an extra mile to reach out and ask for help, this place is not for you.

Advice to Management

This place is certainly going in the right direction so keep up the good work!

Aug 28, 2017 – Associate Director

We are so happy that you are enjoying yourself at OST! And you're absolutely right regarding a solid training structure - but it's being worked on so hopefully that won't be a con for much longer!... More

2. "Sales Support Specialist"

I worked at Open Systems Technologies full-time

Pros

Awesome work environment as well as great people to work with. By far the best company I have ever worked for. They put employees first.

Cons

I don't have any con's about this employer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are many reasons to love working at OST. The main one, in my opinion, is that fact that management truly believes in their employees and looks to help them learn and succeed. This emanates from the owners as well as all the MD's. They recently invested quite a bit of money and time into trying to revamp OST both aesthetically and culturally.

Beyond that, OST gives each employee multiple ways to be successful. If you're hardworking and capable but perhaps not happy in the role you're currently in, OST management will work with you to try and add responsibilities that allow you to explore other careers within the company.

They provide great benefits - from the generous vacation/sick policy to snacks every week to the ability to work from home as needed.

Compensation is great - I've never felt underpaid for what I do.

Cons

As with every company, there are some growing pains. There are new policies being put in place that not everyone is on board with however, they are being done so with a great long term goal.

There is a lot of work so long hours do come with the role

4. "Good Company"

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, no micromanaging. Office is new and clean. Nice people. The supplies and equipment are top quality.

Cons

There is no formal training program.

5. "Open Systems 2.0"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has recently undergone a restructure and rebranding that, in my opinion, was much needed. I have been an employee at Open Systems for many years now and while the company has always been successful and quite generous to its employees, the company was starting to lose its spark and days were dull. With all the new hiring and the investment into the office, culture, and brand, company morale is higher than ever. I love being here, I love the employees, the work I do every day, and truly feel cared for by my employers. They have your best interest and are very loyal to their employees. The list of clients they have cannot compete with anyone, and the pay lives up to the reputation that proceeds it. More than that, we all have matching sweatshirts that we all wear in the office, which makes you feel like you're a part of team In an environment that can be so competitive at times.

Cons

I am not a huge fan of the 80/20 rule

Advice to Management

I love the new culture club meetings we have here. It's really important for everyone to have a safe place to talk about the things we feel the company should participate in and what our goals for the company. Also, I love the events, parties, and happy hours!! Keep up the good work - you are on the right path!

Aug 28, 2017 – Associate Director

Thanks so much for the kind words. We're really happy with Open Systems 2.0 as well!

6. "Open Systems Admin"

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time

Pros

I am writing this review in honor of the changes that the company has endured
    - flexible with vacation days
    - lovely new HR director
    - decent salary
    - nice office
    - nice co-workers
    - fun work environment for mundane job

Cons

- not the most exciting job in the world

Advice to Management

I always wished for the back office to be more integrated with the front office, but it seems like that is changing so I appreciate you listening to the concerns I expressed.

Aug 28, 2017 – Associate Director

Thanks so much for the kind words - we love that you're liking our new look. And please continue with providing us feedback!

7. "AMAZING COMPANY CULTURE"

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really fun group to work with, beautiful office as well as a great location, and best of all there is no micromanagement. You're free to work the way you need to if that's what makes you successful, and if you work hard, you're set up to succeed and make really good money.

Cons

Not really a con but if you need hand-holding, this, or any recruiting house isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Aug 28, 2017 – Associate Director

Yes, OST is definitely all about helping you help yourself but we can definitely improve on our training. Rest assured, that's on its way as well!

8. "A job I love"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- great list of clients
    - little micromanaging
    - they let you do whatever you want as long as you work hard
    - they believe in you
    - nice people here
    - nice office
    - great pay
    - full benefits
    - work events are fun
    - they treat employees well
    - my co-workers have become some of my best friends!

Cons

- very cold in the office

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Aug 21, 2017 – Associate Director

Thanks so much for the nice list of pros! And sorry about the cold office - as we've just moved in, we're still trying to figure out the best temperature that works for the space!

"Such a joke!"

I worked at Open Systems Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay a good commission
    They do have a solid client list
    They pay your medical premium

Cons

Nepotism runs rampant - if you're related to the owners or a friend of the family, you can get away with everything - dress code violations, coming in late, leaving early - taking holidays whenever you want

They used to have unlimited vacations and sick days, but recently took that away and now only have 5 sick days and vacations based on years of service

Horrible habit of trying to screw over employees and consultants. They try to pay non recruiters as little as possible - they short change so much and

They have no long term vision or strategy - everything revolves around how can you make me money this very second

They have some people who have been here forever and are super resistant to change and others who want to change everything including everyone who has worked here.

I would run away, run far away

Advice to Management

Stop hiring family. When you make decisions - stick to them instead of changing your mind every few seconds.
    Stop yelling - it makes the office a horrible place to work

10. "Love OST"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Open Systems Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- pays better than any other recruiting company ive worked for
    - nice people to work with
    - little micromanaging
    - good company culture (lots of work HH)
    - great clients
    - company shows consistent growth

Cons

- work til 730 on most wednesdays

Advice to Management

Keep doing what youre doing

Aug 7, 2017 – Associate Director

Thanks so much for the great feedback! Working late on Wednesdays is something we instituted for those late night calls some candidates prefer - this allows people to not feel like they are the only... More