KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 441 of over 863 reviews

3.2
PAE Chief Executive Officer John Heller
John Heller
Pros
  • "It has good pay, Nice environment, and Good benefits(in 32 reviews)

• "Good management good people good benefit(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "some upper management and their views(in 23 reviews)

• "Terrible benefits, bloated bureaucracy, low pay, toxic work environment(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PAE and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

PAE-proud to be a part of our company's 65 year plus history!

Mar 4, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started my career with PAE as a temp to hire at their corporate office in Los Angeles, CA in 2006. PAE HQs was later moved to Virginia. I am currently a Senior Recruiter and have been working remotely since 2009 to support contracts overseas and currently CONUS contracts. This has been a great 14 plus year career for me! I take pride in being a part of PAE's 65 + year history and as a Recruiter, I get to offer the same opportunity to others.

Cons

Working remotely for so many years can be isolating at times; however, more of us are working remotely during this Coronavirus pandemic. I can stay connected with my Recruiting team through weekly virtual meetings.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great benefits and coworkers

Aug 17, 2021 - Law Clerk in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

PAE really takes care of employees benefits-wise. They also seem to be committed to hiring people that are smart and kind. It makes for a great work environment.

Cons

Not a way for contractors to advance really

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Do Not Waste Your Time and Talent Here

Sep 7, 2021 - Senior Manager in Falls Church, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission, global reach, historic company

Cons

Clueless, self-absorbed, inept senior leadership that cares only about the bottom line, corrupt management, scattered priorities, below-market pay, cheapest company I've ever had contact with, completely rudderless for the big picture.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great benefits

Aug 19, 2021 - Law Clerk in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

PAE has a great 401(k) and corporate discounts such as car rental, hotels, and others. It was easy to book a rental car and could get almost a 60% discount.

Cons

Requesting to work overtime as a contractor was often roundabout and sometimes not worth the hassle. A few times PAE had not approved my full overtime request because they did not have the funds available.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hours were not stable

Sep 9, 2021 - Biometrics Technician in Hialeah, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was an easy job once you learned it.

Cons

The amount of hours you would receive varies too much. One week you can be getting 35 hours or even 40 and then you’ll get 15 or 18 hours. Part times should be at least 20. But it didn’t matter, it was according to how many people get scheduled for the days.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was a good experience at pae. They are good and kind people throughout the company.

Aug 15, 2021 - Finance Analyst in Falls Church, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with will be bright, industrious, and kind. No one slacks off, and everyone is knowledgeable in their area. It's a top notch collection of smart and hard working people.

Cons

None. Great company, top people, good salary and benefits.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Anything for the customer

Sep 9, 2021 - Avionics Technician in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is reasonable but that's it.

Cons

Anything for the customer, literally they will sacrifice everything (including you, safety, integrity) on the whim of the customer. It's managed as if all the calls come from above, inherently the managers ride that scapegoat.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee

Ok Company

Sep 3, 2021 - Government Information Specialist in Winchester, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great localized managers who encourage growth in their employees. Decent work life balance.

Cons

Terrible benefits and low pay with minimal opportunity to garner a pay raise.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Be warned - company rescinded job offer after making me quit my old job and moving to be closer to the facility

Jun 18, 2021 - Case Manager in Albion, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

They seem to pay well, but please see the cons list first.

Cons

After making me quit my former job, promising to start me within a week and promising to pay the PTO time that I lost after quitting my former job, PAE rescinded my job offer due to "new management". They made me wait 3 weeks to hear anything regarding the position after making me quit my old job, promising me that they were contacting HR to set up my orientation, to then learn that they had actually decided to rescind my job offer. The only explanation I got was that the program has gone under new management. I had already set up a new apartment lease closer to the facilities, and lost out on the $600 I could have received as part of my PTO from my old job. Please be warned about this company and DO NOT quit your current job to work with them unless you are absolutely sure that you will be starting with them.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Aug 10, 2021 - Business Operations Manager in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience. Lots of exposure.

Cons

Serious grind. Going public has changed corporate mindset.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 441 Reviews