PCTEL Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 53 reviews

3.3
PCTEL CEO David Neumann
David Neumann
Pros
  • "The company affords employees with the flexibility that allows them to achieve their goals and maintain a healthy work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "Good benefits and working culture(in 3 reviews)

1. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Bloomingdale, IL

I worked at PCTEL full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked with a great team of people willing to work together to do what it takes to get the job done. It was a very collaborative, friendly environment.

Cons

Not enough resources to tackle the inflow of projects caused conflicting priorities.

PCTEL2019-04-18
  2. "Project Management not good"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Germantown, MD

I worked at PCTEL for less than a year

Pros

work life balance and flexible hours

Cons

lack to understanding to grow the company

PCTEL2019-03-13
  3. "A Stable Industry Leader with Great Prospects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL

I have been working at PCTEL full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employees are committed to the success of the company. They are valued and treated with respect. The company affords employees with the flexibility that allows them to achieve their goals and maintain a healthy work life balance. Changes are happening under the new CEO, with vision and drive. Co-workers are friendly and treat you like family.

Cons

Office environment is a little dated.

Advice to Management

Cross department collaboration could use some improvement. Team building will help with efficiency.

PCTEL2018-03-15

"Uneducated unintelligent coworkers"

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Bloomingdale, IL

I worked at PCTEL full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent paycheck, constantly busy, overtime, no uniforms, lockers provided, good Christmas luncheons, Bonus checks at the end of the year.

Cons

No one understands anything written or spoken in the American language. Most employees came from another country. Group leader is not friendly, doesn’t know how to manage the line she runs properly and has a terrible way of talking to people and to her boss. Many people are jealous of others and watch what other people are doing when they should be focused on their own work. Cheating on yearly safety training tests (...

Advice to Management

Hire honest and hardworking Americans. Develop group leader training.

PCTEL2018-03-26

PCTEL Response

April 19, 2018VP Corporate Resources & Chief Risk Officer

At PCTEL, we appreciate the feedback and encourage open communications within the team. PCTEL is an international company and actively promotes diversity and embraces different cultures. At the core of our values is the expectation that everyone is treated with respect and fairness. ...

5. "5G Radio Development"

I have been working at PCTEL full-time

Pros

Company investing aggressively in 5G wireless measurement technology. Exciting new research area for DSP , algorithm, and software defined radio (SDR) professionals.

Cons

Some market uncertainty in timing or need for products. Relatively small, nichey market.

Advice to Management

Hire the best people. Make more of the right bets. Lead with technology

PCTEL2018-02-06

PCTEL Response

April 16, 2018VP Corporate Resources & Chief Risk Officer

6. "Great place"

I have been working at PCTEL full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people , great team and great work culture

Cons

Small organization but changes happening since new CEO

PCTEL2018-01-23
  7. "A company with potential"

I have been working at PCTEL full-time

Pros

The company is in a good industry that is growing. It is not too large that if you have a skill and desire you can move to different areas and contribute. Good benefits and working culture.

Cons

Employees work well in their own groups, but there isn't always good coordination between groups. would like to see more outside activities for employees to build stronger bonds

Advice to Management

spend time on long term strategy. PCTEL has a good work force.

PCTEL2017-12-29
  8. "By far the best place I've ever worked..."

I have been working at PCTEL full-time

Pros

Wonderful coworkers, strong performing company, very committed to best serving its staff and being an industry leader. Very nice facility, great emphasis on a work-life balance. Management is very skilled in their respective fields, employees genuinely seem to enjoy what they do and the longevity of staff members speaks to the company's core success-based focus : its people

Cons

The lunch room has limited vending options and the machines are not updated to allow debit card transactions. There should be more recognition and celebration of employees (e.g. monthly birthday/anniversary company gatherings with cake)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work but never get complacent. Try to innovate ways to truly delve into the strengths of all employees and allow them to flourish all the while feeling invested in for their contributions to the whole.

PCTEL2017-12-18
  9. "Learning Company"

I have been working at PCTEL full-time

Pros

I've worked for PCTEL for several years and have had the opportunity to work in different areas of the company. This has allowed me to learn many new things and help advance my career

Cons

Need to shift some of the focus from tactical to strategic

Advice to Management

Given the size of the company it affords young people the ability to learn more in a few years than they might learn at a larger company in a short period of tome. Continue to enhance the learning experience for employees.

PCTEL2017-12-18
  10. "great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

I have been working at PCTEL full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and training opportunities .I've been able to learn the business, take classes, and grow my areas of responsibility. Collaborative work environment--lots of smart people who work well together. Exciting work on new technologies, and entering some new markets as well.

Cons

Small-to-medium-sized company, so career paths within the company are mixed--but they give you opportunities when they are available and support their long-term employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to build on new technology opportunities.

PCTEL2017-12-06