PROS Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
PROS President and CEO Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance is the most important thing for me" (in 19 reviews)

• "Casual and good atmosphere in the offices with smart people" (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "While most people have good work-life balance, I have seen some teams get very overloaded for extended periods of time" (in 10 reviews)

• "The promotion guidelines are not clear also there is no clear career path for the employees" (in 11 reviews)

"Great people, great company, great technology, great growth..."

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PROS has not only very smart people, but also very good people that treats each other with respect and supports each other. We have kept up with technology trends and this has truly helped my career

Cons

If you want to challenge yourself and grow, this is a great place. We are moving very fast, which is why we are growing and having so much success, but we all work hard for it

Advice to Management

Stay the course and continue making us feel as a family

"Proud to be a Pro"

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing place to work. Freakishly smart colleagues who are as nice as can be and always open to tossing around ideas or helping you work something out. Team spirit that isn’t cultish. It feels like everyone is welcomed here and embraced for their uniqueness and opinions. We’re growing and investing, hardwork is paying off and customers are happy. It’s good. Also, free food, macbooks, happy hours, nap room, employee band, flexible hours, remote work, and one of the most generous maternity leaves in Texas.

Cons

Procurement is a disgrace. Intolerable.

Advice to Management

Second the feedback below on fixing procurement. Other than that, keep it up! Lots of positive change over the last few years.

3. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great cultural, you get to work with awesome experts, lots of learning opportunities. They treat you like a family.

Cons

Not for everyone :) this is a real fast paced company. If you are a hard working person that can keep up with all projects and have time management skills, you’d love working here. Otherwise you burn out fast.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "Great Company"

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and people are great

Cons

there are situations where you can get overlooked

"Passionate about customer and employee experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working here and have never been at a better company. My boss and leadership team are exceptionally supportive, flexible and I’m rewarded fairly and often. We truly care about our customers and their success and we are given freedom and encouraged to deliver the best experience possible to them. My colleagues are my friends. Our culture is real, non competitive, family friendly and always top of mind. Non stuffy, jeans, snacks, flexible hours, perks and events are plentiful. Communication is open and frequent with personality. PROS allows you to own your career. You’ll be constantly challenged and you own the results and the recognition that comes with them. People who wait around to be told what to do or demonstrate results independently don’t typically succeed here so the caliber of colleague is excellent and largely entrepreneurial. Smart, driven but warm. We are on a path for incredible growth and making investments in the right areas.

Cons

This is honestly a great company to work with and I have no complaints as an employee but if you are responsible for onboarding new vendors or purchasing something that requires a PO, then you will have to deal with pure incompetency and aggravation as you navigate the procurement process. Our CFO is exceptionally effective so I can only assume that these issues are being hidden from him because this is a area of major frustration for a lot of people. Never seen anything like it in my career. Every interaction is painful and it’s an embarrassment to introduce new vendors to our company. Rediculous requirements that don’t mirror the real world or modern business practices. The team doesn’t understand unique business needs, how to work efficiently or deliver good customer service. It can take 30 emails, multiple conversations that drag on, back and forth with vendors asking for outrageous contract terms and multiple redlines all to purchase something simple and low cost. I hate to put these hardworkers on blast here but they are not in the right roles if I’m having to use my own personal money to keep things moving rather than deal with the bureaucracy and road blocks they introduce. That’s pretty messed up. Everyone in the company talks about how horrific this process can be but nothing is done to solve it. Modernize, automate and give total power back to the business owners. We have budgets, brains and enough common sense to handle these purchases ourselves.

Advice to Management

You are a great CEO and you’re leading us in the right direction. I appreciate that you are accessible, friendly and always make a point to stay connected. I truly believe that you care about your employees as individuals and respect you for that. Please fix the procurement issue for us. May I suggest having your executive assistant send a survey out to gather feedback so you can hear from multiple people about what it is like to deal with procurement in an unfiltered and unbiased method. Then you’ll be able to pinpoint and prioritize some quick improvements.

"Market Leader Always Innovating"

Current Employee - Executive Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PROS culture is around people, both internal employees and also customers. (Note: I am writing this review on complete free will and have not been pressured to do so.)
    PROS offer a solution that drives huge ROI for customers and as a salesperson, that's all you can ask for.
    We're empowered as employees to run our territory our way and given flexibility to offer prescriptive solutions to customers - absolutely not a one size fits all.

Cons

As a market leader, there's a bulls eye on our back so be prepared to deal with our competitors planting all kinds of landmines.
    Sales cycles can take a little while though they are shrinking which is great.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate!! Keep the product flexible, configurable and user friendly.
    Develop more compelling presentations/demos - while our underlying platform and solutions are superior, it's difficult for prospects to sift through all the conflicting information they hear during a sales cycle so sometimes the most "pretty" demos/presentations are the ones that win.

7. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was my first day today and I can honestly say that I am excited about working here. I did not meet one person that didn't love their job and the environment they work in. Shoutout to Aylen and Nelson for the smooth on-boarding and interview process! Feels great to be a PRO

Cons

7th more needs more love on the snacks

"Anonymous review and five guys review are spot on"

I worked at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Pros you will work with some of the smartest people you ever worked with. Employees care about each other and are willing to help each other.

Cons

The Anonymous and Five Guys reviews are spot on! Employees are encouraged to write positive reviews. There is an in group of people. Most of them can do no wrong and they get promoted regardless of competence. The CHRO knows nothing about hr. Newcomers can fit in with regular employees but breaking into the in group is impossible, unless one of them brought you in or you cave to their way.

Advice to Management

Hire and promote based on skill and competence. The company isn't a family owned business anymore. It should be about what you know instead of who you know, who you are related to, etc.

9. "Fun place to work."

I worked at PROS full-time

Pros

Casual workplace with an emphasis on a family atmosphere.

Cons

Policies not always thought out at first.

"Company could be called 5 guys"

Former Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People make or break any company. They also define the culture. The culture of this company is extraordinary. There are no shortage of company sponsored events designed to bring people together and to serve the community. You will have the opportunity to learn and ways not possible at much larger companies. There are no shortage of truly great leaders further down in the organization. They will help you to grow and support your development. Despite the significant turnover in Marketing, this is an area of strength for the company. They do so well in fact to market the company, that this puts pressure on other departments to deliver what is being marketed.

Cons

The company is essentially run by a small number of men., hence the 5 guys reference. Most have been with the company for decades and are loyal to each other. This is both good and bad. Good in a sense they trust one another. Bad in a sense they generally are appointed to run parts of the organization with no practical knowledge and experience to do so. Most shared services are not widely thought of favorably and therefore are not well funded. HR and IT for example lack maturity. In addition, both departments lack executive level leadership and enterprise subject matter expertise.

HR is led by someone who simply does not posses the experience needed to lead a global function responsible for talent management. The HR department as a whole continues to turnover, making it very difficult for the other departments to get the support they need to retain and recruit people for the company.

IT is equally challenged, and perhaps even more so as the department reports to the CFO, who has no interest in leading the group at an executive level, and worse has less interest in empowering someone to lead the group on a day to day basis. This has a tremendous impact on the company and specifically the people who work in this group.

The Sales team is continuing to recover from the many changes in leadership over the past few years. The company invested heavily in many, many high priced people to drive revenue. Unfortunately the bets have not paid off and most of the Sales team has also turned over.

Advice to Management

Invest in the right Executive Leadership to support the growth that continues to be advertised in the earnings calls, on the street, etc. Recruit someone to lead the global HR function, someone who can manage the most precious asset the company has. In tandem, recruit and empower a legitimate executive leader of IT to drive the company's use of technology. Also, change the reporting structure of this role from the CFO to the CEO so that the role is recognized as being important to the overall success of the company.. Lots of knowledge and experience has recently departed the organization's Sales team. This will need to be replaced quickly with true Sales professionals. Once built, the CEO needs to resist the temptation to get in their way. The last 3 executive leaders of Sales have a storied track record of success with software companies. The current executive leader of Sales is likely no different. Let him do his job.