PROS Reviews

Updated May 16, 2021

4.3
PROS President and CEO Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner
Pros
  • "Work with tons of smart people that support each other who are positive and encouraging(in 26 reviews)

• "PROS truly appears to be an employee-centric employer who considers the employee's work-life balance in a tangible way(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be challenging(in 12 reviews)

• "C-level does not hire senior leaders from within, so no career path for employees(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great Company, Great products with even better Culture

Mar 17, 2021 - Global Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diversity is valued, inclusive culture and leadership is respected. They value the employees and strive to make PROS a great place to work.

Cons

Approaching my year mark and there are no real cons identified.

2. 5.0

Work Anniversary Gift

May 16, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best work culture. Best in celebrating its employees.

Cons

You will not feel like leaving the company :D

3. 2.0

Select better people in Management Roles

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

PROS cares for is employees, lots of recharge days and other perks. Pay and Bonus and opportunity to work with some very smart people

Cons

The org structure needs a re-org. It is too management heavy and very less people to do the actual work. The first 1 year was good by the second year PROS hired more Managers and some of them clearly do not fit the culture the company was trying to propagate. One Director openly stated in team meetings that he does not want to work with women, although I am not a women myself I was appalled to hear this. That clearly shows there is no room for women in the company. HR or VPs are aware but no action is taken. Teams are structured in such a way that it is too political and no work can be done without resistance. Each VP, Director has carved their own little kingdoms and find joy in reigning it. It is all a big ego trip. If I wasn't on a visa I would have left earlier. Management will keep promoting themselves while employee gets worked to death.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

Great company

Apr 16, 2021 - Senior Manager, Professional Services in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall company values are great with focus on culture Great products that are exciting Benefits are good Training opportunities for people leaders are good Diversity and Inclusion is a focus with engaging ERGs Share in the upside of the company is decent Embraces remote working and increasingly so after COVID

Cons

Growing pains have taken focus away from company values and metrics seem to be taking the company to 1980's where productivity was more important than creativity Salaries are below tech counterparts if employee is not located in Texas Not very risk tolerant, when people want to move around and learn new things, my experience is that not a lot of support is provided but expectations are high Biz ops is evolving given the growth of the company, and all the support systems (training in new systems and clear goals) are not in place for the actual operation to support the increased requirements (proper training in systems such as WD and consistent set of expectation) Certain areas of the company have experience a revolving door of leadership

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0

Great place to work!

May 11, 2021 - Procurement in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

In a general sense PROS is a great place to work, but currently switching from legacy systems to an ERP system has made work life balance difficult. I expect PROS to change back to 5 Stars once we have been using the sysyem and get used to the new system. The people are great and it all starts at the top. The CEO down to the intern are generally treated with respect and can lean on vets for knowledge and guidance.

Cons

New Building haven't seen, Accountability can be an issue with some leaders, and shortage of workers has made my job difficult as I am doing more than what is in my job title. Purchase Request Review, Supplier Administration, Data Conversion, Contract Review start to finish, and finally portal access.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company with great people

May 7, 2021 - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The PROS culture and people are amazing. Our executive leadership team takes great strides to be transparent and honest about everything that is going on in the company. I feel extremely fortunate to be a part of such a unique and wonderful company.

Cons

Not always having enough resources to accelerate our goals.

7. 5.0

Best Place to Work Indeed

Apr 27, 2021 - Customer Delivery Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid company strategy with steadfast efforts to achieve goals operationally. Cutting-edge technology leading digital transformation in many verticals, offering a great career development opportunity. Professional team mates, caring leadership, and flexible to ensure a great place to work - even when working remotely, the team feels more cohesive than ever, and that cohesiveness transcends borders to our international locations.

Cons

There are cons with every job, but the cons in this case are grossly outshone by the benefits, and are not worth mentioning.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company

May 3, 2021 - Sales in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

PROS culture and commitment is to its customers success. I have worked in the software industry for 20+ years and have never worked for a company this committed to its customers. I have seen PROS invest in projects for their customers success. Awesome

Cons

Rapid growth has some departments that are in catchup.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exceptional Onboarding and Interview Process

Apr 22, 2021 - Executive Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

My interview process was probably the best I’ve ever experienced. Nelson Acosta did a fantastic job shepherding me through the process. I met some great PROS employees and was able to start with the company this month. I appreciate everyone for making me feel welcome even before I was hired. The lead in to the onboarding and now the job itself have both been amazing.

Cons

The only downside is we can’t have the onboarding in person because of the virus.

10. 5.0

Great culture

Apr 27, 2021 - Senior Data Scientist in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and benefits, excellent work life balance.

Cons

Not I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 375 Reviews