PROS Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
PROS President, CEO, and Director Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is mostly good (in 11 reviews)

• full of smart people to interact with everyday that helps you elevate your knowledge and increase the momentum of your currier path (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The promotion guidelines are not clear also there is no clear career path for the employees (in 10 reviews)

• So much work and new wins that internal processes are stressed for capacity (in 5 reviews)

1. "Review"

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, good work, positive attitude.

Cons

Always being motivated to become better.

"No career path"

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll work with some of the smartest and nicest people you've ever met. At the worker bee level, people are collaborative, committed and truly team-oriented.
    Many departments offer opportunity to work remotely in positions above entry level.
    Well-stocked kitchens.

Cons

No career path due to limited growth in many areas. Many good people have left the company recently because of this.
    Company eliminated formal performance reviews, so your compensation and bonus is completely at the discretion of your manager with no transparency into what's behind the numbers.
    Senior leadership lacks a clear strategy for growing the business; instead rolls out a different set of initiatives and buzzwords every few months to see what sticks without giving thought to how to execute.
    Lots of politics.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and stop shooting the messengers who are just trying to make things better.
    Bring back formal performance evaluations -- employees deserve better transparency into how they are being evaluated.
    Provide better support to the sales team; they are the lifeblood of the company.

3. "Blessed to work here!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PROS sticks by their values! Everyone works hard and plays hard, but when the hard times came (Hurricane Harvey) the company really showed their true colors! The CEO himself was rescuing employees from their flooding homes! Employees were checking in with one another! The organization world wide stepped in to help our Houston employees! I'm beyond blessed to be working for an organization that really takes care of their employees!

Cons

We need more space. The growth of our business is so great, we need more room for the growing number of employees. More huddle areas. More conference rooms.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you for caring about each and every employee!

4. "Scientist"

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Somehow flexible schedule. Nice work/life balance

Cons

Too many internal changes that affect career advancement

Advice to Management

Make career paths more defined towards personal achievements, less dependent on managers criteria

"Politics aplenty"

Current Employee - Development in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Development in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary(if you are a permanent citizen)
    Liberal with Work from home (see cons)
    Getting to work with some of the best technical ones(i worked at several places before)
    Getting to work in the latest technology and software out there
    Feedback is well appreciated
    Parking is free. Come early though to get a parking under the roof
    Snacks fruits and soda are free
    Good company to settle down with working partner
    Health insurance is far lesser than what you pay at other so called big companies
    There are very helpful and technical people. You have to identify and get the help from them

Cons

If you are an immigrant you will be paid much lower.
    And don't forget this company has too many levels and they don't easily promote if you aren't good in socializing and political games.
    Beware : QA team has too many ladies playing loud mouth that are supported by people speaking same language and zero technical skills but who have the capability to put you in bad light
    If you ask for help from a wrong person you will be doomed and dusted across teams :p
    Work from home is available based on your rapport with manager and management and not the need. I was denied permission to work for less than a month while some are working years together from home(ohh they aren't the best in class)
    If you are not good in estimating task time , socialize but do a lot of work this isn't a place for you. You will be cornered, look down upon or worse won't grow beyond senior or lead.
    All in all this place is good for getting your skills updated and not for people who do work. It's a great place if you can organize and delegate stuff. You are the best fit

Advice to Management

If someone's not doing well change their team and see if he/she is the same. Your opinion(given by leads or scrum master) based review system is super biased. You can't decide manager material because he/she isn't good with one or two skills. Instead you should have training to improve those missing skills-technical/language/managerial/time management.
    Do something about the enormous amount of meetings that take up some resources time.

6. "Employee development"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, WI
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, WI

I worked at PROS (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits program

Cons

Have to deal with Non-English foreign employees

7. "Company Culture+"

Current Employee - IT Help Desk Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Help Desk Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PROS is filled with individuals who are innovative and insightful, with indefinitely good spirits. In my working experience, I have not known a company with 1000+ people that is able to work so fluidly. Management understands their part in the company as a whole and is able to meet company values 100%

Cons

Some issues with employee expenses being unreasonably regulated

Advice to Management

I really enjoy the friendly atmosphere here. I think it is the most important part of the culture here

8. "Loved it"

Former Employee - N/A in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - N/A in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to grow. I wouldn't mind coming back if there was an available position.

Cons

Since I've left, I know the company has gone through a lot of changes, but I believe it was for the better.

"Great culture and good people"

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

-Great company culture
    -Leadership and executives care about their employees
    -Lots of smart and nice people to work with
    -Open minded and lots of management feedback
    -Can move to a different department or position much easier than in a large corporation
    -Great benefits
    -Free snacks and drinks, lots of extra food some days
    -Fun and lively employee events, especially the annual company kickoff
    -Dependent upon your manager, flexible hours and the ability to work from home
    -Innovative and radically growing company with lots of potential for the future

Cons

-Midtown traffic can be a nightmare
    -Parking garage can become full and no parking space is available
    -Managers can sometimes make crucial decisions that impact their direct reports without giving them notice or fair warning

Advice to Management

Have better communications with your employees when your decisions impact their work.

10. "Love it here"

Current Employee - Applications Lead in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Lead in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Awesome culture. They take great care of their employees. Work life balance is mostly good.

Cons

Parking could be an issue if you come in late.