PROS Reviews | Glassdoor

PROS President, CEO, and Director Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • While most people have good work-life balance, I have seen some teams get very overloaded for extended periods of time (in 10 reviews)

• The promotion guidelines are not clear also there is no clear career path for the employees (in 11 reviews)

1. "Very Happy I Joined the PROS Team"

Current Employee - Executive Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing, fantastic people to work with. Also, the product offering makes a real difference to our customers which is very satisfying.

Cons

OnBoarding is still a work in progress.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Great company to work for and a tremendous opportunity.

2. "Science team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people make the environment exciting if you are new to the industry. A lot of white boarding can help relieve monotony.

Cons

Culture is a bit stagnant and there isn't too much room for growth. Filling in time sheets gives a sense of imposed discipline and throwback to high school.

Advice to Management

encourage disagreement in a positive way so as to bring influx of new ideas. Raises here and there would help too.

3. "LDP Program"

Current Employee - Finance LDP Candidate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Finance LDP Candidate in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

A very welcoming and interactive team in the Finance division. We had a mixer the night before the interview. No matter what happens they are nice and very helpful. Thanks Aylen!!

Cons

There are no current cons

Advice to Management

You will find more quality candidates with the new interview style

"The people make the company"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PROS has flexible hours, gives you the opportunity to work remotely in most positions, and supports a good work-life balance for most teams. We have incredibly smart people here, so there is always someone to learn from. There are many employee-led events like Chinese New Year, a Diwali celebration, and a Home Brew contest.

Cons

There is a lack of diversity in upper management, but it does seem like they are working on the issue. I've seen people that are not good people managers get promoted to being people managers. This is not great for keeping talent. While most people have good work-life balance, I have seen some teams get very overloaded for extended periods of time. Again, this is not great for keeping talent.

Advice to Management

Practice saying no. Upper management overcommits to customers and then expects teams to deliver, and this is not a culture of saying no, or even going back to the customer to negotiate timelines. Keep working on diversity, especially at upper levels.

5. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Really smart people, great culture

Cons

They need better internal communication

"Director"

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Innovation, something to learn every day, Small company culture

Cons

a little too many processes for a small company

Advice to Management

focus on efficiency and keep it simple

"It’s all about who you know"

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great, smart, friendly people. Lots of employee social events, meditation room, video games for employees., free snacks & drinks.

I’ve never worked with nicer people. They are what keep me here.

Cons

If you want to get promoted, you’d better have a friend in high places. You can work yourself to the bone & still not get promoted. I’ve seen it happen time after time& it’s happened to me.

Advice to Management

Stop the blatant favoritism & pay attention to your people. Not everyone plays in the company band or is a relative, or hangs out outside of work. A lot of us just work hard.

8. "Review"

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, good work, positive attitude.

Cons

Always being motivated to become better.

"No career path"

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll work with some of the smartest and nicest people you've ever met. At the worker bee level, people are collaborative, committed and truly team-oriented.
    Many departments offer opportunity to work remotely in positions above entry level.
    Well-stocked kitchens.

Cons

No career path due to limited growth in many areas. Many good people have left the company recently because of this.
    Company eliminated formal performance reviews, so your compensation and bonus is completely at the discretion of your manager with no transparency into what's behind the numbers.
    Senior leadership lacks a clear strategy for growing the business; instead rolls out a different set of initiatives and buzzwords every few months to see what sticks without giving thought to how to execute.
    Lots of politics.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and stop shooting the messengers who are just trying to make things better.
    Bring back formal performance evaluations -- employees deserve better transparency into how they are being evaluated.
    Provide better support to the sales team; they are the lifeblood of the company.

"20th century technology with modern marketing tricks"

I worked at PROS full-time

Pros

Stability and a relatively noncompetitive workforce, if you know one part of how some product operates and get along with the upper management fat cats you are almost guaranteed a life time job.

Cons

The technologies are old, I mean dinosaur-old, and to survive there has been over-reliance on key partners to bring in new customers, at the cost of product development and system integrity of our own, which would result in an even more outdated suite of products as time goes by. In contrary marketing would always come up with various initiatives and campaigns to re-introduce the same snake oil in a new bottle, I felt bad for the customers who were struggling to get what they wanted online one after another.

Advice to Management

Move on or move out of the way.