PROS Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
PROS President and CEO Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people and work life balance" (in 15 reviews)

• "We have incredibly smart people here, so there is always someone to learn from" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "While most people have good work-life balance, I have seen some teams get very overloaded for extended periods of time" (in 10 reviews)

• "The promotion guidelines are not clear also there is no clear career path for the employees" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really enjoy the majority of my coworkers. Most are humble, friendly, and skilled. They don't over exert you but challenge you to bring your best. Lots of people to learn from, and you're not micromanaged.

I've been here less than 2 years but have been insulated from any of the politics so far. I imagine there is some in other areas, but hard work generally shows.

All my managers and superiors have been kind and open. You can walk up to anyone including the CEO and have a conversation.

For a company as large as it is, it is evolving and pushing envelope. One of few companies using ReactJS, changing their pricing structure, change organization structure, they simply try things and encourage you to too.

Cons

Not everyone gets bonuses. I think the way they assess people could be better. Could have some more events, but usually related to your specific group

Advice to Management

Improve assement of contributions, and hold onto good people. Share the birthday peoples names on their birthday (at least if they are ok with it)! Its nice having celebration but weird that we don't know who for.

2. "#LifeatPROS is genuine and authentic"

Current Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PROS runs its business on the premise that its employees are its most important customer group. From on-boarding to weekly communication through its employee newsletter, PROS lets you know that you matter. It sets you up to succeed with internal business support groups and partners whose aim is to make sure you have the information and supplies you need to do your job. I've never worked a t a company with this type of internal structure yet it makes so much sense -- every company should be set up this way. PROS wants its employees to feel like family and it does it in the most genuine and authentic way -- through communication, transparency, and fostering a collaborative environment. It's a great place to work.

Cons

No cons to share at the moment.

3. "Career Maker"

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PROS is not for the mediocre or the faint of heat. Coming here is a challenge and its meant to be. The company tries hard to keep fun events and programs to keep work fun while pushing you to be your best self. From Resource Groups to active analysis on diversity and pay, the company is always looking for ways to treat everyone fairly, pay purely on performance, and make sure all employees feel welcomed & supported.

Cons

The company is growing through natural growth and acquisitions. The company is use to a small corp (work family) environment. PROS is experiencing growing pains and is having a hard time scaling and maintaining their small corp mindset. Certain processes throughout the organization are too difficult to be proficient to keep the business going while other parts of the business are anything goes.

4. "Fantastic Organization"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture-I know people say it a lot; but it's true. It's a special place!
    Casual dress code-JEANS :-)
    Tons of snacks-Healthy ones too!
    Free parking
    Awesome employee events-Birthdays, Summer Bash, Employee can even receive budget to plan events!

Cons

Employees work a LOT! Management needs to look at meeting and report culture.

Advice to Management

More transparency!

5. "Excellent employee-driven culture"

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many of our annual, recurring events were started because an employee had an idea. Oktoberfest, The Big Event, #HashtagLunchbag, Dia de los Muertos, National Coming Out Day, PROS Talks (and many, many more) - all started and are still run by employees. PROS provides an environment that supports employees celebrating with other employees.

Also, the kid-friendly nature of the company is really remarkable. Have a weird school holiday? No problem! Set your kid up with some quiet tasks and we'll provide the snacks! I'm not a parent, so I can only imagine how helpful that would be.

Cons

It can be difficult to describe what PROS does. At a broad level you can say "we make pricing software," but that is so vague that it doesn't give any credit to the many intelligent and innovative people that help build what we sell.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

6. "Great Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Paralegal in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Paralegal in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PROS is such a great company that is on the edge of explosion. There is something new to learn every day. It is really exciting to work with a company that constantly promotes from within and does not put standard restrictions on what you can be responsible for if you are willing to put in the work. Great CEO and other management.

Cons

Wish the insurance benefits were a little better.

Advice to Management

Wish we could go home at noon on Fridays!

7. "Amazing people, great career growth"

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are intelligent and genuinely willing and excited to help one another. I've always felt well supported by those around me.

PROS has given me the opportunity to work across different departments and learn new disciplines, which has helped me grow in my career.

Cons

employee review process can be inconsistent. HR could improve by implementing a 360 feedback review system with formal feedback sessions at a more regular cadence.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work supporting and growing employees!

8. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I find PROS to be an employee friendly environment. We work hard as a team, but we also are taken care of nicely. PROS offers a wellness week, that includes chair massages, free classes at our local gym, and the vendors coming out to speak to us about our benefits. We have snacks, a pretty cool coffee machine, and sodas.

Cons

Parking tends to be hard after 9 a.m.

9. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PROS fosters a great environment of people that are invested in positive interactions. Teams work well internally as well as with other teams.

The technical challenges are interesting, and there are many smart people to learn from and be mentored by.

Cons

Vacation is use it or lose it with no rollover, which is nice in that it forces you to use your vacation. However, it would be nice to roll over, perhaps a maximum of 1/2 of total vacation, to allow wiggle room, especially around end/beginning of year.

10. "A Unique company in Houston"

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

PROS is forward thinking. I really thinks about it's employees, while trying to create a culture where people what to be. It's different from all the Oil & Gas companies in Houston.

Cons

PROS, can be click-ish. It's not always about what you do or how you do it, it can be about if you are liked and aligned well. It's a great company but can be a bit of political nightmare.

Advice to Management

The management team does a good job of creating culture. Making employees feel good about what they're doing. Make sure all employees have the tools necessary to participate and take part of the great things the PROS environment has to offer.