PROS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I talked to HR at my campus career fair and interviewed the same day. They were very fast to reply and moved me to the on-site interview the same week. There were 4 rounds of interviews with each department which mixed behavioral and technical questions. Overall a great experience to see how PROS is culturally while getting to know the people who work there. I was given a job offer the following week.

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview for Computer Engineer position: Telephonic interview is completely based on your resume. Prepare all sorts of questions on your resume. Very nice conceptual questions based on the technology you use. There will be 2 people taking your interview.

Interview Questions

• Java question: If there is a try catch finally. Is finally called everytime ? If not, then under what cases will it not be called?   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in May 2007.

Interview

They contacted me by email to set up a phone interview a couple of days later. I was interviewed by two people simultaneously, a few days later I was required for an 1-on-1 onsite interview and offered the job a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PROS.

Interview

Applied via career fair in the fall, was contacted through email late spring. I was told that they don't start their interview process untill spring usually, reguardless of when you apply.

had 1 phone interview with an engineer, technical, 1 coding question about input file scanning, then sorting it.

1 followup interview, was supposed to be onsite, but due to school conflicts this was also a phone interview. Another technical interview with a coding question about "shuffling" a list of songs

I accepted my offer and all in all it was a great intership, where interns chose our own teams/projects. The office environment was very friendly and laid back with regular ping pong and board game breaks.

Interview Questions

• You are given a list of songs. Now write a function that returns a "shuffled" list of the songs. The returned list should be as random as possible. (ie. passing in the same list twice will not produce the same results)   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted a resume to their official website, after 2 months, received first email. And later 2 weeks, got 3 "flying-pigeons" (i.e., stand-up, or equivalently "should-call-at-that-time-but-no-call-and-no-later-explanations") in a row. A man finally suddenly called me, and no other things after that. BTW: A master graduated software engineer get paid 70,00/yr, relatively high in TX, that's why they are rude! Definitely in your first-ignore-list.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PROS in October 2014.

Interview

The interview seemed good. The questions initially asked about your experience and the agile methodology. The questions were asked from the basics of java and questions regarding the resume. The process was spontaneous after the had email about the opportunity. The phone interview was scheduled on time. The company is great. The overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• what is a garbage collector? The hashing in datastructures. sql queries   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Two simple phone interviews, followed by an onsite interview which consisted of 6 back-to-back half hour talks with various people. None of the questions on-site were in-depth or challenging at all, and most of the phone interview questions were simple or knowledge based. They seem to test you based on what you have on your resume, so be prepared to talk about whatever you have written down

Interview Questions

• How would you represent a school system in a database? What would your UML diagram look like and what would the relationship between objects appear as?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PROS.

Interview

Interviewed with this company multiple times. For all times, after being promised an update of some kind in a week’s time, I was completely ghosted and had all calls ignored/hung up on. This company does not value your time, nor care about your efforts, despite the friendly “culture” that they try to push.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

They were slow in general, but eventually you go in person and sit down with many different people from all over the company some not even developers. It feels like a long day but its not too bad. They were very fair / straight forward in their offer.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It was challenging. Had a good mix of questions though. I felt it was a good gauge of my ability and think it is a good standard for other developer interviews. I thought they did a good job.