PROS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PROS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PROS in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for this job and had phone interviews three months ago, then face to face about a month later with members of the team I'd be working with. The interviews were not hard, however it seemed a bit disorganized. Everyone was nice, one interviewer made it seem like I was definitely getting the job. It seemed like a great job but after the face to face interviews it seems I've been ghosted. Any request for information has gone ignored, and that's almost two months ago. Not good business practice, especially if someone's gone that far in an interview process, it's just RUDE not to reply. I understand companies want to take their time, but engaging a possible employee is very important. I've since interviewed 3x with another position and just accepted a new job, so will be turning down this one if they ever call me back.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting in here? What do you bring to the table.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at PROS.

Interview

The interview process was entirely too long, disorganized and not structured or job relevant. Nothing notable was shared about the responsibilities of the role or the tech involved, as more focus was spent on the family culture, which I didn't sense, and the fact that managers were not empowered to make decisions or execute planning without extensive management oversight, which Glassdoor employee reviews validated. Given the experience, I was more interested in seeing the process end than I was on receiving an offer. I was also interviewing at other places that respected my time and experience by comparison and had accepted another offer before this process ended.

Interview Questions

• Please review your work history from start to finish (8 times)   1 Answer

Industry Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PROS (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

An extensive process including visit to head office in Houston. Very professional process including meeting many stakeholders and senior executives who were open, honest and candid about the company, culture and role. There was good communication and feedback throughout the process which obviously helped to make a decision and allowed me to hit the ground running.

Interview Questions

• Focused on 3 areas of experience/expertise - marketing, software & industry   Answer Question

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

An initial phone screen with a senior member of the UX team was followed several weeks later by a two part interview with several department managers. The individuals I interviewed with were very nice and happy to talk about the environment at PROS. However, this company was incapable of following self-imposed deadlines for informing me about future interviews or their final hiring decision. Deadlines would pass with complete silence and this company was overall entirely disrespectful of my time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my Master's thesis as well as the different methods and statistical methods I used. I also was asked several questions regarding my ability to balance the needs of a business with proper scientific rigor in research.   Answer Question

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I had applied in February and was given a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was involved in that they not only asked standard behavioral questions, but they also had me complete a few excel exercises via webcast which caught me off guard. After the phone interview, I wasn't called back for another 4 months. It turns out that the original guy they hired for the job dropped out to follow another offer, and I just happened to be next up.

Unfortunately, the second interview would prove to be more difficult. I would consider this to be a technical interview. I sat in front of two managers who were not related to the job at all. For the first 30 min they grilled me through each facet of my resume whether it was related to the job or not, asked a few behavioral questions and then asked me to solve a few brain teasers (listed). I unfortunately struggled with this portion and it showed.

That same day I had to also give a 15 min presentation and answer questions on a technical topic of my choice in front of 8 people (many who would become my team). They told you a week beforehand that you had to complete this presentation. It was nerve racking and I think most of this was due to my lack of experience and confidence.

I left the interview process pretty deflated but was offered the job three weeks later (and I think this may be because of a lack of qualified candidates before me).

Interview Questions

• If you have 50 white marbles and 50 black marbles in a bag (100 total), and you randomly choose 50 to go into 2 separate bowls (50 for each bowl), How many marbles would you have to pick from one bucket until you get 10 white marbles?   1 Answer
    • Excel question involving a scenario where you had to use Vlookup.   Answer Question
    • You have a lemonade stand with 100 people coming and you charge $1 and it costs 50 cents to make the lemonade. A genie comes along to grant you one of two wishes: 1. He can either increase the number of people that come to your stand by double or 2. he can increase your price by double. Which makes you more money?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PROS in January 2016.

Interview

Being contact by a hr, they replied very quickly. First round is a direct coding interview, got a call from a software engineer. Then just few words on my resume, after that, did a coding test. Rejected that afternoon at the same day! They told me there'll be another phone interview then onsite. However I did not make it and don't know why.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Very tough. They constantly challenged me on things I said to ensure I knew what I was talking about. Also often gave me a quiz to show the knowledge I stated that I had

Interview Questions

• What is a SQL left outer join   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PROS.

Interview

I did interview with this company for database administrator role , the man who was doing the interview he thought he is doing interview for TOP 5 fortune company
    , while he was asking basic questions and job description was basic, when I ask him since how long this position bin open he said more than 6 months !! , So I think this company having some employees like to fill their tasks report with wasting people time.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PROS.

Interview

I have working knowledge of different project management tools along with the aptitude and talent of project execution. I have successfully completed various projects for software development and implementation. Please review my attached resume and let me know suitable time to discuss my credentials for this position. I will be happy to share my experience with you to prove my suitability for this position.

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PROS (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

3 tier interview process consisting of phone interview, 1st onsite interview with hiring manager then several team members, and 2nd onsite interview with next level manager. If you are able to reach out to a current team member they are usually wiling to help you prepare. The inside sales team receives little training, struggles for resources, and has a lack of experience in complex SaaS selling, so they gravitate towards candidates that can be self-sufficient and help the team as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have that will ensure your success at PROS?   1 Answer