Paragon Development Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 3, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Asif Naseem

1. "Your Professional Voice is Heard Here"

Current Employee - Account Director in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Account Director in Madison, WI

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No Company is without it's challenges, but PDS is certainly a place where your professional voice can be heard. If you're willing to learn, opportunities are abundant and management is craving your insight and innovation. Many who have left of their own accord have returned realizing the grass may have been greener elsewhere but only with more manure.

Cons

Product Branding and Practice Focus is an Achilles heel. Continued work is needed.
    Constant Annual restructuring of upper level management gets confusing on who to turn to with ideas and opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees. The opinion of the masses is relevant and will keep you ahead of your competition. Not to mention...retention of great talent.

2. "Annual Company Reboots and No Career Advancement Opportunities"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Paragon Development Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of fun people. Casual work environment. Opportunity to get lots of certifications before moving elsewhere.

Cons

Lack of flexibility in job schedule. Terrible benefits and no change despite numerous complaints. No direction from executives and really seems the rather new leadership doesn't actually understand the company and direction. ABSOLUTELY NO career advancement in any role, in any office (Only seen it three times in a sales role in past 6 years). Literally every January for the past 6 years there has been an entire company reboot....now back to the original reboot idea from 6 years ago...

Advice to Management

Move on and out of PDS and let existing long-term employees that actually understand the business and specific market grow and lead.

"No longer the company it once was"

I worked at Paragon Development Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are a lot of people left at PDS who are highly dedicated to the company and its success, and who understand that teamwork is the best and truest way to care for clients and colleagues.

Cons

Unfortunately, some of the executive team doesn't seem to share that teamwork attitude, and instead seems to care more about their own personal status and power than taking care of all employees. The lack of focus and direction in where the company is heading can be demoralizing, especially when a different focus, initiative, or plan is presented every quarter.

Advice to Management

In addition to the regular annual fiscal audit, you may want to consider a performance audit of your executive team. I saw some fairly shady practices while I worked there that I'm confident were an unnecessary drain on the company's bottom line. If you're an executive of the company, you should be more interested in how the company is doing, not in lining your own pocket.

"You need to find a CEO like Craig"

I worked at Paragon Development Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good, work from home, lots of vacation. Many of the managers are dedicated to the company. Exciting and always something new.

Cons

They are always under staffed so you have to put in way too many hours. Sales goals are impossible (a 60% increase over the prior year) so you will never see a bonus. Senior management is not interested in the core business, they are just using it to fund a software startup in California.

Advice to Management

You need to replace the executive management team with people who will work on the PDS core business. You need to find someone like Craig who was passionate about the core business. The majority of your employees don't fit into PDS 2.0 which is why they are leaving.

6. "A great firm to work for"

Former Employee - Technical Solution Architect, Network and Security in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Paragon Development Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, god pay, great coworkers, great manager,

Cons

Sales goals were too aggressive, causing reorganization

Advice to Management

Be realistic sales goals

7. "Has pros and cons"

Pros

Great management and fun team to work with.

Cons

Limited career opportunities and long hours. Work not challenging enough.

"Unclear of job title"

I worked at Paragon Development Systems full-time

Pros

Really can't think of any.

Cons

Where to start.
    If you enjoy brown-nosing, than this is for you.

Advice to Management

Wake up

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Tier I in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Tier I in Madison, WI

I worked at Paragon Development Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was a time when I was proud to tell people that I work for PDS but that time has been long gone. Pds had the raw talent under the original leadership. We had very talented individuals who were willing to go above and beyond to help fellow colleges, clients and customers. The company used to focus on providing exceptional services to our clients and the development of their employees but no more. Those talented individual were what put PDS on the map and made it great but unfortunately less than a handful of them are still there.

Cons

It's a pit full of vermin (literally speaking, we had bed bugs and rats), very few good people remain. you are looking at a company that's full of incompetent people who back-stab, lie, manipulate (at a very pathetic juvenile level) to get ahead and became management. Hard working will get you nowhere at this place other than getting more work which is almost impossible to complete but at the same time management will tell you that what you do is not enough even your workload is more than double of other employees.

If you are ever unfortunate to get an interview with PDS for analyst position, DO NOT believe them when they tell you that it's for IT professional position. Ask them what the position does, workload, hours, what programs they use and how your IT skills will be utilized in your position. You will be surprised when you seen the blank look on the management's face wen you ask that. At that point, you should tell them " thank you for your time" then you walk out with your head held high knowing you just avoid a career suicide. Unless you want call center job which they will try to sell you as an IT help desk position.

Management there is best described as Walmart management style ( you know I am talking about you, Mr. Walmart/Mr. Ed). They are as incompetent as it gets, you will either have a management that you don't hear a word from in months and refuse to comment or make decision on anything or you will have another management who gets on everybody's back telling you that what you do is not enough and expect you to do more even they were told numerous times that we were extremely understaffed. At the same time, you see them patting each other on the backs when we/analysts make things work/better while working ourselves to death but they give you no credit for it and at the same time they get pissed at you and making threats about your job security when things do go their way.

I once had to show an ITT grad employee how to turn on the Explorer compatibility mode and how to do screenshot. You think about that....think very hard

This place is like a virus. if you are another IT firm and you are thinking about interviewing someone who just started working at PDS in the last 2-3 years.. think very hard what kind of people you are considering hiring

Advice to Management

I hope you choke on your CEO benefit and salary. great job on killing the American dream and killing a company that was once great after you decided to focus on profit and decided to screw everyone else, your employees,clients and customers.. The last and current CEOS are incompetent, lack of vision, lack of sense of direction, lack of ownership.

"Analyst"

Pros

There was a point I in my life I was so happy working for this company i was at all Hightech -happy hours talking about how great the company was....Now..Get me a shot..

Cons

If you want to lose a friend quick..Refer them to PDS.. I thought they hired high standard out college or even professionals, but some of the trash in there looks like they have never even a shower in months..I eventually feared for my family of the BED BUGS and had to leave too. Pheewww.

"Lasting Legacy. Brilliant Future."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Paragon Development Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities and amazing team to work with. PDS is a company with a wonderful heritage and a very exciting future. In 30 years in business, they've built a great company to work for and a very talented and dedicated team of professionals. The leadership team is first-class and made up of some of the industry's top execs. There are very few local companies that have the all-star power of this leadership team. I have a lot of respect for the professionalism with which they lead, the expertise they bring, and for their vision for the future of the company. Great work environment. Great benefits. Great growth opportunities. Great management.

Cons

Some growing pains. PDS is in the process of laying the ground work needed to be a major player in the industry so there is the sense at times that we are in, "pardon our dust", mode. There are some inefficiencies and challenges as a result.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on people and values.