PeaceHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Liz Dunne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Very Poor Communication from Upper Management" (in 20 reviews)

• "We are chronically and dangerously understaffed most of the time due to draconian cuts to the frontline workers who do direct patient care" (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I enjoy working at PeaceHealth I feel like I finally have a career instead of a job."

Pros

The people I work with are great with lots of compassion. I enjoy working with patients and giving them care. I like to brighten up their day any way that I can.
    Great pay plus benefits.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time

Advice to Management

None

Nov 26, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Hi!
    Thank you for sharing your experience. It is such a privilege to work with passionate coworkers who enjoy their work but also those around them. If there is anything you would like to add... More

2. "Go for it"

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time

Pros

Positive environment. Over time. Easy. Bene. Clean

Cons

Boring
    Short lunch
    Repetive
    Hard to contact management at times

Jan 2, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Advertising Manager

Thank you for your 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to help make us shine, and wish you all the best for your future. Regards, Karen

"Caution"

Former Employee - Clinic Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Clinic Manager in Vancouver, WA

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The physicians and staff are excellent overall.

Cons

Upper management, directors and above are to worried about politics. Needs to be much more focus on real issues and getting resolution.

Advice to Management

Form a better way to problem solve other than sending through multiple committees only to ultimately not achieve any real problem solving.

4. "Unsafe Staffing"

Former Employee - Floor RN in Springfield, OR
    Former Employee - Floor RN in Springfield, OR

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time

Pros

Coworker RNs were incredibly skilled and truly kind people. I can't say enough about how hard they work to advocate and provide high quality care for patients despite being dangerously understaffed.

Cons

One night I worked four hours with six patients and my CNA was assigned 18 patients. Nurses are routinely floated to another floor after four hours and then have to return at the end of their shift to chart on the first four hours. After being a nurse there I would never let a family member stay the night alone. I know the nurses are working their hardest but as a nurse you don't even get a chance to look up your patients before you get report. You come in early but still have to wait until the charge nurse finally makes the assignment. I've worked in much safer facilities. I wouldn't recommend working there unless you feel comfortable doing total care for six patients at one time because often that's just what ends up happening if you get a CNA who is completely overloaded or who doesn't want to do their job. Despite unsafe staffing management required all staff to attend a four hour class on fall prevention.

"Good pay low morale"

Former Employee - Staff Floor Nurse in North Springfield, OR
    Former Employee - Staff Floor Nurse in North Springfield, OR

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fellow workers are the best.

Cons

The management, CEO's profit focused

Advice to Management

Be less profit focused. Focus on employee satisfaction and profit will take care of itself.

6. "Compassion for employees"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Vancouver, WA

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

PeaceHealth truly cares about their employees, even when experiencing reduction in force, they care about those leaving the organization, providing a thorough exit process with resources and severance. I have also see the care that goes in to supporting those that remain through a RIF, helping them navigate "survivor grief". There is no end to the many events to celebrate the employees and the organization, embracing their mission and culture which gives employees a sense of pride and commitment in the organization.

Cons

PeaceHealth caught the "change" bug late and as a result had a lot of catch-up to do from it's years of stagnant change. Outcomes were resistance for a long period until change became a norm and some resistance caused a loss of many employees that had legacy knowledge in the organization. Another cause of loss of legacy employees and leadership has been change-fatigue, changing executive leadership and ambiguous plans for organizational structure changes that drag on without resolution.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with showing compassion for employees.

Suggest finding time for continued training and stabilization once a change has been implemented to ensure knowledge transfer and fine-tuning of systems and procedures. This in turn will help minimize errors, employee frustration and burn-out.

7. "Great people and great people to work with!"

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time

Pros

Good culture, friendly and helpful people. A great place to work and further your career.

Cons

On boarding could be tweaked to make process a little better.

Jan 7, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Advertising Manager

Its wonderful to hear of your positive experience at PeaceHealth, and any suggestions you would like to share about onboarding would be appreciated too! Forward comments to... More

8. "Desktop Supprt"

Former Employee - IT Desktop Support in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - IT Desktop Support in Eugene, OR

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Not as supportive as I would have liked. Management is often disconnected from what's happening to lower levels.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to do needed work, hire contractors when it gets too busy during peak times.

Jan 7, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Advertising Manager

Thank you for taking time to comment on your experience while at PeaceHealth. We are continually looking for ways to improve, and your constructive thoughts will be reviewed by our HR partners. Feel... More

9. "Basin of Mediocrity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at the corporate HQ. The people there are some of the friendliest I've worked with. PTO and benefits package were competitive with two health coverage plans to choose from. There is an onsite cafeteria and gym.

Cons

Ultimately the lack of high-performing co-workers is what drove me to seek other options. My department leaders failed to set strategic goals and hold people accountable for results. I found they were disconnected with industry best practices based on their decisions to partner with certain vendors. There is a general lack of momentum to achieve anything. Most people who work here value stability, reliability and work-life balance. Projects move slow and the culture is a cautious one.

It's not a bad company. I was rarely ever stressed out. I had been working insane hours in a previous company and was ready for a break when I came to PH. My job was easy and the expectations were low, so I thought I'd use the opportunity to get a lot of projects done in my personal life. Fast forward one year: I hadn't accomplished much and the general feeling of malaise that presided over me at work bled into my personal life. I was really depressed. Thankfully I've found a balance with my new company. I learned a lot and am grateful for my time there but I didn't see a future with this company.

Advice to Management

Come out of your corner offices. Be visible. I rarely saw the Sr. Director of my department and had no idea what she did. At my new company, the c-level executives are great at dropping by our team meetings and giving updates when they can. They make it a point to be accessible and engage with us. It makes a huge difference.

Hold town hall meetings to align teams around shared goals and increase communication. I felt so disconnected from our business and had no real understanding of where we were headed as a company, or how I could contribute to us getting there.

Jan 2, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Advertising Manager

Thank you for taking time to share your reflection of your employment experience at PeaceHealth, and most especially about your personal circumstances that provided context for those reviewing the... More

10. "medical assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation good. Made over $21.00 hr.

Cons

Lousy benefits for Medical practice. PHMG ghosted me while out on LOA.

Advice to Management

Communicate to your staff. Don't play micromanaging power games of dominance and expect respect. This is not a family, it is work and all worker bees are different.

Jan 2, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Advertising Manager

Thank you for your recent review with regard to your experience at PeaceHealth. If you care to share more specifics with us, your confidential remarks will be forwarded to our HR Partner. Feel free... More