PeaceHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Liz Dunne

Pros
  • They provide excellent patient care, whereas their focus is primarily on patients and customer care (in 12 reviews)

• Great co-workers and great teamwork (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management places unrealistic staffing expectations (in 14 reviews)

• We are frequently asked to take more patients than the matrix lays out which equates to burned out workers and unsafe patient care (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love the work environment"

Current Employee - Specialist in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have such nice coworkers and the people I work with in other departments are outstanding, too. Smart and caring, great combo. I have worked for previous companies that tolerated a hostile work environment and that is not the case here in our corporate office, in my opinion. We have work/life balance, and seems like corporate restructuring dust has settled. I feel optimistic about the company's future.

Cons

We have had a lot of leadership changes, particularly at the executive level, without a lot of explanation staff as to why. But I think this is pretty standard in the corporate world.

Advice to Management

More transparency around company initiatives and changes would be welcome by the staff level.

2. "Fabulous Coworkers, Unrealistic Expectations Management"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, PeaceHealth SWMC is a strong hospital with fabulous healthcare workers. There is great team work and camaraderie among the employees with a goal of high patient satisfaction.

Cons

Upper management places unrealistic staffing expectations. Patient acuity levels are rising, the nurses are are continually asked to do more and more, but the staffing matrix is not adjusted accordingly. We are frequently asked to take more patients than the matrix lays out which equates to burned out workers and unsafe patient care.

Advice to Management

Rather than purely focussing on patient satisfaction, try to find a healthy balance for your workers as well. Make it a win-win environment. Time only allows for so much. We are literally at the point where it is physically impossible to do everything you ask us to do no matter how hard or smart we work.

3. "PeaceHealth Northwest Network"

Former Employee - Director Planning and Business Development in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Director Planning and Business Development in Bellingham, WA

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wonderful and supportive team. Very patient focused and true to the Mission of the organization. Leadership team well regarding and has been in place for some time

Cons

A considerable amount of organizational changes at the System level with trickle down to the local networks. Employee morale has declined somewhat especially with the decision to outsource lab services to Quest

5. "Great location(s) and a dynamic schedule."

Current Employee - Epic Credentialed Trainer in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Epic Credentialed Trainer in Eugene, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, reasonable pay, great colleagues.

Cons

Sometimes feel undervalued; pay is predominantly based on years of experience rather than skills/abilities.

6. "Nurse Team Lead"

Former Employee - Nurse Team Lead in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Nurse Team Lead in Bellingham, WA

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Psyche nursing often deals with returning patients. It is great to have a relationship with theses patients when they return to the hospital in crisis.

Cons

Peace Health is no longer a "community hospital" They actively seek to hire travelers in all areas of nursing. Staffing is a nightmare, we were consistently understaffed and required to be prepared to take more patients. There is zero loyalty to employees who have worked there for upwards of 10 years. Health insurance is bare minimum. The big business of Peace Health is to expand geographically, and the bottom line is making more money.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees.

7. "Poor HR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers for the most part , good benefits .

Cons

A few Snitches that do not belong on here , Hostile work environment

Advice to Management

Avoid favoritism , moral killers , don't jump to conclusions on a whim .

8. "Peacehealth"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Eugene, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benifits and a wonderful working environment.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

"Medical Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, OR

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent Providers devoted to patients and teaching support staff. Good pay and bennifits.

Cons

Lack of experience in some Supervisors causes gredt malfunction in daily opporations and effective handling of staff. Fairness in treating staff is dependent on who you know and how popular you are.

Advice to Management

Do not promote inexperienced supervisors. Acknowledge those who are continuously excelling beyond standard expectations and follow thru with disciplinary steps with those who do not meet standard expectations.

10. "RN"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Springfield, OR
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Springfield, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people I work with are talented professionals of the highest caliber. They devote themselves to providing the highest quality of care to their patients. They are thoughtful and kind, and are dedicated to giving their all 24/7, 365 days a year. I've worked with these people all hours of the day and night and would trust them with my life.

Cons

The morale of the hospital has steadily declined over the past years as management and administration have slowly and steadily eroded the trust of their employees. The emphasis has shifted to maintaining and improving the bottom line at the cost of taking care of the people who are on the front lines of healthcare. Taking away PTO for overtime from ancillary staff is a prime example.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people and they will do their best to take care of the organization. Listen to your people and they will help solve the problems the organization faces, otherwise you are just paying lip service to your stated value of Collaboration.

11. "Growing Pains, but the Caregivers here live by the mission"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time

Pros

The Caregivers are tired. They are also the most collegial bunch of people I've encountered. They will do the best with what they are given. They are an inquisitive and hardy bunch. Leadership team making strong efforts to keep staff afloat during a tumultuous time of transition and change in practices. The mission is strong. Leadership is making strides toward efficiency and explanation.

Cons

Transparency is only beginning. The flip from top-down leadership to that of staff led practice and initiative is difficult, but not impossible-if the leadership team can remain stable. There is a sense of urgency due to the tumultuous changes in Healthcare (in general) and the need for process changes is high. This affects the translated transparency. There is a need for system-supported professional development that is not wholly union-based- classes for employees of all rank and leadership development is necessary. This said, it is difficult to pick the chicken or the egg, understood...but more support, education, communication, and understanding will be needed to succeed.

Advice to Management

Share, share, share information. Offer educational and presentational opportunities. Listen and grow this amazing group of dedicated providers.