Personify Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eric Thurston

Pros
  • Great people, amazing clients and work that I was very proud of (in 7 reviews)

• The Austin office is beautiful and trendy and there are mostly only awesome employees (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Boys club in upper management, legacy customers leaving left and right, non existent marketing (in 7 reviews)

• There is a lot of traffic going to and from the Austin office, but that is true for much of Austin nowadays (in 4 reviews)

1. "Professional, casual"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Personify full-time

Pros

Professional, yet fun/ casual workplace
    Leadership cares about individuals
    Nice offices/ facilities

Cons

There is a lot of traffic going to and from the Austin office, but that is true for much of Austin nowadays.

2. "A-"

I have been working at Personify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Competitive Pay
    -Unlimited PTO (without the typical shame of taking PTO)
    -Beautiful Office
    -Flexible Management focused on improving your skill sets and cross-training within
     your department
    -Casual atmosphere. Jeans for days.
    -Strong emphasis on building relationships with our customers.

Cons

-Communication gaps between departments
    -Slight disconnect between Personify and SWL employees from before acquisition

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Truly a great place to work.

3. "Why would you work anywhere else, when you can work here!"

I have been working at Personify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The PEOPLE what can I say, they are amazing. I am surrounded by smart people who believe in what we are doing and love doing what they do.
    We can see the direct impact of the work we do and have a voice within our team, department, and company. There is an open door policy with our executives and you feel comfortable brainstorming new ideas or just going in and catching up with them. They are part of the team not above the team.
    Culture = It is an important focus and they are continuously rolling out new perks/benefits and taking a vested interest in the employees and their happiness.
    Product = It is getting better and better and the continuously evolving!
    Flexibility = It is great they recognize that some people are productive in different scenarios at different times of the day and they give us the freedom to produce the best work by trusting us to get it done whenever wherever is best for each employee.

Cons

The location isn't ideal. It would be nice if the company was in the domain to be more centrally located. Love that it is not downtown but the Four Points area is lacking for lunch options, shopping and makes it hard to network at lunch or after work.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees.

5. "Great Company with Great People and a Good Product"

Current Employee - Staff in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Staff in Austin, TX

I have been working at Personify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Atmosphere is great. People are friendly. Lots of growth opportunities if you work hard. Product is getting better and better. Unlimited PTO. Beautiful location. Approachable executive team.

Cons

Still need to work on training and sharing knowledge across teams and departments.

Advice to Management

Need job descriptions for all positions so that when someone is let go the knowledge gap can be filled. Losing people with very specific knowledge hurts everyone especially the clients.

6. "Great Company and Goals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Personify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had a great time working at Small World Labs, before the Personify acquisition. Great people, amazing clients and work that I was very proud of.

Cons

Would have liked to market and grow a bit more.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid of growth, keep up the good fight for great clients.

Personify Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback.

7. "Growth = Challenges & Opportunities"

Current Employee - Client Success Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Client Success Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Personify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office, friendly co-workers, promotes from within, opportunities to take on new responsibilities.

Cons

Still shedding some bad habits from the companies "start-up" days, i.e lack of documentation and training. Pay can be noncompetitive for more experienced people in the industry.

Advice to Management

Invest more time and effort in training/documentation and in the product. Enforce sunset policies, and continue to promote from within.

"Struggling"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Herndon, VA

I worked at Personify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation, unlimited PTO, Austin office is decent.

Cons

Boys club in upper management, legacy customers leaving left and right, non existent marketing.

Advice to Management

Stop all development on the on premise platform and focus on a fully functional web based application.

Personify Response

Apr 5, 2017 – Human Resources

We are very sorry you had a negative experience and are focused on creating a positive experience for all of our current and future employees. We are launching PersonifyGo which will be exciting ... More

"Great place, great people, amazing leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Personify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personify is a rare opportunity to support non-profits and other mission-driven organizations while working in a professional software company. It's led by an amazing team with top-notch talent, and it's common to hear our CEO say 'what's the _right_ thing to do here?' The goal is always to do right by the customer. Lots of promotion from within, lots of opportunities to fill gaps and try new things. Unlimited PTO is a nice perk.

Cons

It being a relative newcomer to Austin, much of the team here is new. Some of the old guard from Virginia aren't keen on some of the changes being made to transform the company. Compensation is good but medical benefits are only average.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and don't be afraid to let go of those who don't want to be part of the positive changes.

10. "Great until the change"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA

Pros

People are amazing and smart and hard working.

Cons

Management changed, everything moved to Texas so the DC office disappeared.

"I give it about a B"

I have been working at Personify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility in that you can work from home, take as much approved PTO as possible and come in early or late and leave accordingly. Eric, the CEO, is fantastic. He's knowledgeable, approachable and hands on. The Austin office is beautiful and trendy and there are mostly only awesome employees.

Cons

I'm pretty sure all the flexibility is in place because everyone that works here hates their job. I also think they allow you to work from home because they know you'll work late A LOT. There's very little communication, the product is sub-par so it stresses the staff out, and the turnover is very high. There are a handful of employees that are completely insufferable, though most are pretty great. It really isn't a horrible place to work, it's just very impersonal, very corporate, and you can tell a lot of people have no idea what they're doing and are too afraid to say so.

Advice to Management

Middle management seems to be caught in the middle of overworked/unhappy employees and metric driven upper management. All levels of management need to get on the same page. There is also a great divide between the P360 team and the SWL team - integrate them more seamlessly and I think you'll see less resentment in the employees that navigate that daily.