Ping Identity Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Ping Identity CEO Andre Durand
Andre Durand

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work/life balance, can't be topped (in 9 reviews)

• great products, improving culture, new executives bringing balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains as the company tries to break into the next level of growth (in 8 reviews)

• Everyone works hard to deliver so very competetive and fast paced (in 3 reviews)

1. "I love my job"

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Get to work on challenging problems, not just lame easy mode CRUD stuff
    - Amazing work life balance. Working from home, actually using the unlimited PTO, great office events, the list goes on.
    - There is no whip cracking, people are treated with respect and trust.
    - Everyone is brilliant - there is no dead weight, everyone contributes.

Cons

- Communication between different offices could be improved
    - Shared cubes can be a little tight in the Austin office

Advice to Management

Things are fantastic right now, Ping has amazing culture and most people love the new Austin office. As the company continues to grow, it will be important to maintain the things that make Ping a great place to work at scale.

2. "Solution Architect"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best job that I've ever had

Cons

Tough to keep up with all of the new hires

"Good culture, difficult management"

I have been working at Ping Identity (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture and great coworkers

Cons

Unclear management direction, constantly changing directives, conflicting and unreasonable deadlines

"(Austin) Great place to be!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Austin office is still pretty small and the people are top-notch. The company is growing quickly and there is an endless supply of interesting and challenging problems to solve. Management trusts its employees and gives them room to perform and make decisions. Work-life balance is great and the company celebrates the victories we have. Great culture. CEO has a good head on his shoulders and you can tell he genuinely cares about employees.

Cons

There are some growing pains but they are addressed well when they arise.

5. "Have Fun & Be Challenged"

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time

Pros

One of the few Denver companies with global reach in an exploding industry. This is the most fun I've ever had working. Surrounded by A players which raises your game. Awesome.

Cons

Feels a little too distributed at times with many small offices for a company of our size.

6. "Right place, Right time"

Current Employee - Software Engineer/Senior Principal Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer/Senior Principal Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ping identity, with the recent takeover by Vista Equity Partners, as well as the integration with Austin-based UnboundID, has become the strongest player in the domain. This is the right, if not the only, place if you want to be at the forefront of the wave called CIAM. And given where the market for CIAM is (upward curve), the demands that are coming from different regulations and privacy requirements about identities, this is the right time to be part of the movement. This makes working with Ping today is working with the right set of tools and solutions as well as working with product set that the time (in the market) demands.
     Technically strong at the same time fun group of people, is the the signature of Ping Identity. Management is very open in sharing company positions and strategies and people at the position of making decisions are very easy to reach. Very flexible work environment and culture. Equally welcoming to both freshers and very experienced people. You will never feel that you are not part of the team.

Cons

Company, recently got acquired. And with the additional acquisition of UnboundID all happening within a year, Ping Identity is still working on the career path a member of the Ping family may have. At the same time, management recognizes that and working on that as one of the highest priority items.

Advice to Management

Listen to both internal and customer voices to make product decisions. Engineering choices sometimes are too technology driven and futuristic, but may not be what exactly the needs of the customers today.

7. "Great company but no vision anymore"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people on the field
    Great products (dated though)

Cons

No management
    No leader
    No vision
    No innovation

Advice to Management

Get another job if you are not interested in this one anymore

"Some great people, sketchy management"

I worked at Ping Identity full-time

Pros

Young, hip, vibrant culture in part of the company. Smart employees. Cool product.

Cons

Must be an aggressive male to ensure your job security. Two of the men that report to the CEO discriminate against and create a hostile environment for people who don't agree with them.

Advice to Management

Look into the situations in which competent people were let go. Three women in management were let go by the same man after he tried to "help" them be successful.

9. "PingIdentity Austin is truly a special place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked at Ping Identity in Austin since they acquired UnboundID in August 2016. I started at UnboundID in December 2007. Fortunately, the culture at Ping was compatible with UnboundID. The majority of people from UnboundID still work here. We've kept most of what was great about working at UnboundID and added the benefits of working for a slightly larger company. Even though Ping is based in Denver, Austin has significant representation at the executive level, so we don't feel like a remote site.

The biggest benefit of working here is the people. People here are smart and hardworking, but they are also a lot of fun. I feel a great deal of camaraderie with my teammates.

The management here (all the way up to the CEO) genuinely cares about their employees and knows that you'll make people a lot more productive by showing them respect rather than making them work long hours.

The products that we build have to be of exceptionally high quality since they provide critical infrastructure to the largest corporations. I take pride in the engineering tools and processes that we've put in place to achieve that.

We have a laid back work environment and you don't have to put up with any political drama or BS.

Historically we've had very low attrition, and a number of people who've left have returned to work here. I think this shows what a special place it is to work.

Cons

Since Ping is based in Denver and has five remote offices, it can sometimes take more time to make decisions because you can't get everyone in a room.

10. "Great Culture, Compensation, and Work!"

Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture overall, and especially in the Austin office.
    Tons of really smart people to learn from.
    Really complex product offerings that allow you to solve some difficult problems.
    Lots of possibilities on what you could work on in the future.
    Definitely a company on the rise with a lot of momentum.

Cons

There have been some growing pains with the rapid growth of the company, and some localized pains as the former UnboundID company was acquired, the now Austin office of Ping Identity. Most of Austin-specific local things have quieted down and the management does a great job of listening to feedback, and they work extremely hard to improve the things that are wrong or broken. Overall management is a little slower moving at addressing particular problems, but it seems to be headed on the right track of putting the right pieces into place to be able to address the concerns.

Advice to Management

It's unbelievably inspiring to see the management fight for and back their employees. Makes my working situation a lot more conducive to productivity.
    Maintaining a great culture is probably one of the biggest concerns from an employee perspective going forward with the rapid growth of the company. Things aren't expected to be the same moving forward as they have been, but the long-term success of the company still highly relies on it, IMHO.
    It's encouraging to see that things are being worked on to make it clear and possible to have great career growth within the company. I really hope we are able to follow through with that!