Ping Identity Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ping Identity CEO Andre Durand
Andre Durand

Pros
  • Excellent work/life balance, can't be topped (in 7 reviews)

• great products, improving culture, new executives bringing balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Several perks have been revoked as higher level management experiences growing pains (in 5 reviews)

• The company is no longer technology led (in 3 reviews)

"Highly recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Ping Identity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great place to start a career. Large amounts of responsibility and creative freedom are given right off the bat. If you're a go-getter you can make a large impact.

Excellent work/life balance, can't be topped. Can depend on the department, but the majority allow for wfh flexibility whenever you need it. Unlimited PTO. Basically, just get your work done, it doesn't matter from where.

A culture that attracts great people. You'll work with a smart, friendly and motivated staff.

Cons

High turnover at the management level. I had a new boss or two per year.

Not always clear what the larger vision is and how each employee, team, department etc. can better contribute to it. Though they seem to be working on this.

Advice to Management

Keep working on aligning all employees with the larger company vision.

Be sure to recognize, mentor and grow young talent.

"Ping Identity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

-Company Culture
    -Benefits such as Unlimited PTO, Medical/Dental ect.
    -Compensation

Cons

-Company going through constant changes
    -Some disorganization with structure

Advice to Management

Ping Identity itself is kind of a mixed bag. There are many reasons why working there is a great experience, such as the benefits and culture, but it is still a business, and they are not afraid to "cut the fat" if they think it will help them. There is also a disconnect between the different parts of the company which did create a lot of friction and delay in work being completed. My reasons for leaving stemmed from problems that I would be hesitant to apply to the company as a whole.

3. "great"

Former Employee - Production in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Production in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

money/pay was really good i guess.

Cons

hard work for your back physically

Advice to Management

none

"A lot more good than bad."

Pros

They truly care about their employees. Especially the CEO. Work life balance is great if you are in Denver. Strong engineering, sales, and field technical teams. Senior mgmt solid as well especially CEO and Sales leadership.

Cons

They got a little top heavy in recent years. There must have been a sale on VP's. Number of VP's more than doubled in last few years. I tend to believe some of those dollars could have been used to support certain organizations like support that are understaffed.

Advice to Management

Listen to existing employees more if you can. Their views I think are often discounted, but the view of a new VP without knowledge of the business is elevated. If employees start believing they are not heard by mgmt they keep their mouth shut do their job until they simply move on.

"Great place ruined by a few really loud bad seeds"

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time

Pros

Good benefits, incredibly smart and motivated individual contributors, great locations for the offices

Cons

A few people who are loud and obnoxious are protected while some of the great people are let go. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to some of the personnel decisions that are made.

Advice to Management

Pay close attention to the VPs who talk the talk well, but actually cause more harm than good.

"Best Company I've Worked For"

I worked at Ping Identity full-time

Pros

This is a fantastic company with an eye toward the future. The talent at the key executive levels is well above average for a company of this size, particularly the CEO & CFO. What makes Ping rare is the combination of amazing talent and culture, the CEO truly cares about the company and the people that work here.

Cons

There are still spots in the organization that are in start up mode, that aren't quite ready for the transition to be a big time company, they are being systematically addressed though.

Advice to Management

Continue and enhance the communication that is provided to the organization, it allows lower level employees to identify points of engagement and see how their world connects to the company's goals.

"Incredible company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's so rare to find a work place that both challenges and supports employees to the max. Ping is that rare kind of company.

I've been at Ping for over 2 years, and I don't plan to leave anytime soon because:

- I have been given an inordinate amount of opportunity for career advancement here
    - My direct and senior leadership is sincerely invested in my success
    - I am never, ever bored
    - My colleagues have become lifelong friends

Cons

Things change a lot - if adapting to new circumstances isn't exhilarating to you, then Ping probably isn't the right fit.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding people for giving their all and putting themselves out there for Ping. Keep hiring leaders, not managers.

"Waited for a Job at Ping.... Best decision I've made!"

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time

Pros

First off, the environment here at Ping is awesome. Everyone seems to pull their weight and there is definitely a work hard, play hard mentality! Andre is very present, which incredibly motivating. He really believes in what we are doing here and wants to continue to make Ping one of the best places to work! I've never been at a company where leadership is constantly asking for feedback, which is great. Also, working for a leader in the IAM space at the headquarters in Denver is exciting because you get to see the changes and accomplishments of the organization first hand!

Cons

Ping moves fast! I find it exciting, but if you don't want to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing and improving environment, then Ping is not the place for you!

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within! We have great people here!

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

I worked at Ping Identity (More than a year)

Pros

Great product and fun company to work for.

Cons

Must embrace change. Moved to a new location

"Evolving into an enterprise company"

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being part of the evolution that has occurred at Ping over the past 2+ years has been a highlight of my career. The company has shifted from perpetual to subscription, focused on responsible growth (instead of growth at all cost) and begun raising the bar on the expectations by which they hold themselves accountable. Career opportunities are boundless for intelligent, hard working people who are willing to push themselves outside of their comfort zone. Having spent a good portion of my career working for large companies, the culture at Ping is hard to beat; meritocracy, great benefits, high-quality people, beer in the break room, etc.

Cons

As the company continues to grow the entire organization needs to more effectively prepare for scale. It's happening in some functions today, but not all. The lack of cohesion creates friction. Recruiting and hiring the right people is critical. Valuable time is lost with every wrong hire. Speaking out of the other side of my mouth, hire more quickly. Business critical roles remain unfilled for too long.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold people accountable to their goals and objectives. Don't be afraid to transition out under-performing personnel. If someone is not a good fit; it's not fair to them or the company.