Ping Identity Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Ping Identity CEO Andre Durand
Andre Durand

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work/life balance, can't be topped (in 7 reviews)

• great products, improving culture, new executives bringing balance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Expected growing pains with a company this stage, specifically around operations (in 8 reviews)

• Everyone works hard to deliver so very competetive and fast paced (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Culture, Compensation, and Work!"

Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture overall, and especially in the Austin office.
    Tons of really smart people to learn from.
    Really complex product offerings that allow you to solve some difficult problems.
    Lots of possibilities on what you could work on in the future.
    Definitely a company on the rise with a lot of momentum.

Cons

There have been some growing pains with the rapid growth of the company, and some localized pains as the former UnboundID company was acquired, the now Austin office of Ping Identity. Most of Austin-specific local things have quieted down and the management does a great job of listening to feedback, and they work extremely hard to improve the things that are wrong or broken. Overall management is a little slower moving at addressing particular problems, but it seems to be headed on the right track of putting the right pieces into place to be able to address the concerns.

Advice to Management

It's unbelievably inspiring to see the management fight for and back their employees. Makes my working situation a lot more conducive to productivity.
    Maintaining a great culture is probably one of the biggest concerns from an employee perspective going forward with the rapid growth of the company. Things aren't expected to be the same moving forward as they have been, but the long-term success of the company still highly relies on it, IMHO.
    It's encouraging to see that things are being worked on to make it clear and possible to have great career growth within the company. I really hope we are able to follow through with that!

2. "PingIdentity Austin is truly a special place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked at Ping Identity in Austin since they acquired UnboundID in August 2016. I started at UnboundID in December 2007. Fortunately, the culture at Ping was compatible with UnboundID. The majority of people from UnboundID still work here. We've kept most of what was great about working at UnboundID and added the benefits of working for a slightly larger company. Even though Ping is based in Denver, Austin has significant representation at the executive level, so we don't feel like a remote site.

The biggest benefit of working here is the people. People here are smart and hardworking, but they are also a lot of fun. I feel a great deal of camaraderie with my teammates.

The management here (all the way up to the CEO) genuinely cares about their employees and knows that you'll make people a lot more productive by showing them respect rather than making them work long hours.

The products that we build have to be of exceptionally high quality since they provide critical infrastructure to the largest corporations. I take pride in the engineering tools and processes that we've put in place to achieve that.

We have a laid back work environment and you don't have to put up with any political drama or BS.

Historically we've had very low attrition, and a number of people who've left have returned to work here. I think this shows what a special place it is to work.

Cons

Since Ping is based in Denver and has five remote offices, it can sometimes take more time to make decisions because you can't get everyone in a room.

"Feel like I'm part of something"

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing fast and its an industry leader. I actually care when the company makes a sale which is more than I can say about previous jobs I've held. Work is rewarding and I can see the results of the effort I put in. Comp is in line with the market as well.

Cons

Don't have many that matter. Possibly the fact that the canned iced coffees disappear too quickly but that's not that bad...

"Pretty nice place to work"

Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture is quite driven, open CEO that is more than willing to talk to anyone in the company. Great teams that are looking out for one another. Good snacks and drink options on the house, and over all great office and location for after hours socializing

Cons

Growing pains, we have had a few people leave after the Vista acquisition that has hampered our previous process while trying to change to a new process.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring, we need all the help we can get.

"Financial Analyst"

I worked at Ping Identity full-time

Pros

The culture and the people were amazing

Cons

The management were terrible and did not support my growth nor challenge me

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at senior management and make sure they are representing Ping and Ping's culture correctly

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The identity space is a really interesting place to be from an industry and technology standpoint right now. Ping is perfectly positioned in that space. The culture is fun and employee focused. It has changed a little since the Vista acquisition, but mostly for the better (the company is growing up.) Its flexible and engaging.

Cons

Some employees really liked the small IT start up feel. While this is still a small company and you get to know most of the employees, it is not a VC backed small IT shop. If that is your thing this may not be for you anymore.

Advice to Management

Communicate more. As the company has grown some feel out of touch (its all relative given the small employee base).

"Now is the time to join Ping"

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had several offers but Ping is the only company who had:
    1) A enterprise tested platform that is solid - high customer sat.
    2) A market (IAM) that is experiencing massive growth
    3) Competitive differentiators that customers gravitate towards
    4) Highly motivated field that is supportive of new hires tracking towards success (great culture)
    5) Great Messaging
    6) Highly competent management (this saves so much time and energy)
    7) Vision
    8) A great investor that adds strategic and ops value (Vista)

Cons

The job can consume you. New hires need to really buy into the work/life balance that Ping promotes. Otherwise, you will be the only one writing email on weekends.

Advice to Management

Don't take your foot off of the accelerator.

8. "Sales"

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The sales organization at Ping Identity is incredible. The management team is experienced, professional and fun to work for. I wake up in the morning excited about the product I sell, the people I work for, my colleagues and most importantly my customers.

Cons

I really can not think of anything. It's an exciting time to be at Ping. Keep up the good work!

Advice to Management

Continue building our professional services and customer success team.

"Great company with some growing pains"

Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Trusted and effective CEO; flexible work culture

Cons

Lack of effective team management skills in senior managers laid bare as teams grow. Difficulty attracting qualified candidates for open positions.

Advice to Management

Ensure your senior managers are trained to deal with toxic team situations and solicit feedback from direct reports to evaluate their performance in this area.

10. "Exciting Company, Great for Self Starters"

I have been working at Ping Identity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Mission driven firm with strong executive team that supports their employees
    - Friendly and collaborative coworkers
    - Relaxed office environment
    - Exciting work; everyone can contribute and impact on day one

Cons

- Expected growing pains with a company this stage, specifically around operations
    - Career paths not fully defined

Advice to Management

Continue to set the bar high and keep the culture