Pointivity Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Kent Erickson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company to Work With"

Current Employee - Business Development in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pointivity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This has to be one of the most technically talented teams I have ever worked with. Upper management is very patient and understanding, and have provided me with a number of avenues to learn and grow my knowledge/ skill set. All around good people and great experience.

Cons

These people all work very hard, so sometimes it is difficult for them to keep up with my emails. I don't really see this as not understandable. They are busy busy busy...

Advice to Management

Thanks!

"Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Marketing, Communications and Social Media Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pointivity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, culture and a supportive environment. If I ever have any questions or issues, everyone at the office is extremely helpful. Colleagues are trustworthy, professional and friendly. When it comes to amenities, there is never a problem with parking, there are several restaurants nearby and a brand new gym available to those who work in the building. Working hours differ depending on the position (8 hour days if you are full-time). Management takes care of employees and overall it's a fun place to work!

Cons

Can't think of any, except the traffic in Sorrento Valley can be pretty bad during rush hour.

"Accounting Manager"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pointivity full-time

Pros

It's a wonderful small company. Staff here are great and fun to work with. The atmosphere and culture (though there are hard deadlines) is enjoyable. I truly DON'T MISS the big corporate companies! The partners are so good to me. They understand I have kids and a mother that needs regular doctor appointments. I've been able to make up time. The office setting is classy. We've enjoyed fun lunches/parties. Medical, dental, vision for employees are fully paid for. After the 2 year criteria Management can deposit monies into a benefit plan (no cost to employee). Communication to solve practical work issues were well received and changes were made. This is a good, solid, place to build a career.

Cons

Traffic can be a bear, however, I leave work later so I miss the mess.

Advice to Management

Keep up the visionary work! We want to grow!

"Challenging Opportunity Cutting Edge Tech."

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer (Cloud) in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer (Cloud) in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pointivity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After working for companies still on windows 2003 and XP; archaic hardware; and sweat-shop management mentality, this was a awesome change. They have Virtualized everything, they have Project based improvement tasks, and the paycheck isn't too shabby either!

Cons

As with many managed hosting companies, the end users get real needy, they want the latest tech and want it all for free.

5. "Great place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pointivity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The engineers here are brilliant and friendly. Management supports employees who want to improve the company and themsleves. I was able to get great experience and certification thanks to encouragement from the company and resources available. Beautiful location and office.

Cons

Crowded part of town. Fast pace might be turnoff for new or junior people.

Advice to Management

401k and a less crowded location would have kept me there but I work for my cousin now so thats hard to compete!

"Great ideas. Poor execution on them by management. No leadership."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pointivity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Modern office in great location. 100% of this company's success is due to the brilliant CTO, Paul Scuba.

Cons

Owners (CEO and COO) do not enable or empower anyone else on their team to make decisions...all proposals, pricing, marketing, billing, etc. must be approved by them numerous times before deployment which creates a ineffective bottleneck. Very little if any leadership is demonstrated. No evidence they value the employees (poor benefits, few if any receive performance reviews....very amateur HR practices). No giving back to the community.

Advice to Management

Decide on one key business plan....not several as in B2B sales, channel partnerships, and eLearning. Decrease the time owners spend working IN the business and find a sharp approachable, experienced leader to run your company better THEN let go.

"Fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Challenging work, supportive CIO, well rounded team, and a beautiful office. The CEO is brilliant and works with his management team very well. The plans that are made and come to fruition are always top notch.

Cons

The ideas behind our business directions can turn on a dime. Thats not unique to this company, that's often just the way it is in the IT world.

8. "Very exciting and challenging position"

Former Employee - Tier I Support Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Tier I Support Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

Newest hardware and software with many challenges to face everyday, training is provided and exceptional benefit to all that work here.

Cons

Management doesnt seem to recognize the ideas of tier one support engineers, despite the fact that they might have relevant experience that might help.

Advice to Management

Clearly state the objectives needed to the employees and ensure that they understand the objectives required of them so they can accomplish the goals.

9. "My "WOW" experience"

Pros

They care about YOU!
    I was once casually mentioned to a colleague that it would be nice to have a standing desk as my job keeps me sitting all the time. To my surprise, only a few days later, the HR Manager notified me that a Standing Desk is on the way as the Vice President requested her to place an order... needless to say how much I appreciate this!!

Cons

The system won't allow me to post my review unless leaving some words in the Cons section. Well, I would give some thoughts on the part that the company can improve and come back later.

"Don't Do IT!"

I worked at Pointivity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paul Scuba is a fair no nonsense manager that cares about the growth and work/life balance of this team. He is also the brains behind the operation. The company has a vision.

Cons

The owners and top management are not able to execute. Planning is poor. Employees are treated poorly. High employee turnover. Constant fights (screaming) between owners. No extra pay for hourly employees to carry phone overnight. Employees don't have a voice. Little to non work/life balance. The environment hinders growth and employees are treated like money making machines.

Advice to Management

Run your company with moral values and respect towards your employees. Foster a team environment. Stop the click/divide between management and team. Keep meetings professional. Have a heart!