Proforma Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Vera Muzzillo

Pros
  • The crown jewel of this company is the people at the Support Center (in 12 reviews)

• Fun group of people with good pay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It's in downtown and traffic to get here could be challenging at times (in 4 reviews)

• It is a stringent work place without opportunity for flex time or the ability to work from home (in 6 reviews)

1. "Information Technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Proforma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment, challenging, fast paced, and great co-workers. Owners are down to earth, approachable, and always willing to provide support to make you successful.

Cons

Can't think of any cons. The work environment can be challenging at times so you have to be self-motivated to stay on schedule. This might mean you have to work some afterhours but who doesn't do that these days.

2. "Unexpected Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Proforma part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Proforma is not a terrible place to work part-time. They allow part-time employees to create flexible schedules which is ideal for college students. The pay is what you would expect for a call center. They have company outings often (great for building in office friendships). If you do right by Greg then you will be rewarded.

Cons

Middle management is constantly trying to keep things from falling apart, mainly do to upper management constantly being replacement.
    Don't expect a stocked break room.
    Your commission pay may be denied if you keep exceeding your sales goal multiple times.
    Several employees are egomaniacs or narcissist (especially the DS Team Leads).

Advice to Management

Reward those who earn you business.
    Remember to mind the tone you speak to people with.
    Never deny a bonus / commission pay.
    Get a better coffee then cheap Doughnut Shop flavor!

3. "Franchise Owner"

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Proforma full-time

Pros

Corporate fronts money to vendors allowing us as owners to have a positive cash flow. Marketing materials are much better than any other franchised companies I have reviewed.

Cons

Company/Contact protection to other franchises which hinders the ability to grow sales. By comparison, other franchise groups do not have restrictions on prospected customers.

Advice to Management

Some corporate executives need be a lot more respectful to us as franchisees. Some think they own us.

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Proforma (More than a year)

Pros

The company is quickly growing internationally, and if you're on management's good size, there is lots of space for career growth

Cons

The company asks a lot out of you, and employees aren't always compensated for their grueling schedule. For example, some were asked to travel to trade shows throughout the company on a regular basis and received little in return.

Advice to Management

More personal connection to employees; reward them more for what they do; create a less tense workplace environment.

"Everyone is miserable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

2 Weeks of vacation but thats about it

Cons

Work culture is miserable. People generally seem unhappy. Those who don't come to work an hour early and stay late everyday are frowned upon. Heaven forbid you have a life outside of work. Almost no one takes lunch because that is also frowned upon. Raises are a joke across the board and there is little to no room for advancement.

"Turned out to be a disappointment"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Independence, OH

I worked at Proforma full-time

Pros

Great location, great hours, some nice people that work in the office. Pleasant atmosphere, always trying to keep up with technology.

Cons

Always stating its a "family company", when they don't even pay attention to the "little guys". Say they are going to offer raises, months later there was no raise, which is why I left. Empty promises are made by upper management. Very high turnover so you're always getting bogged down with all of the extra work, and get no perks for doing the extra work.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the "little guys", and maybe you will be able to keep some employees.

"Con Artists"

Former Employee - Order Entry in Milford, OH
    Former Employee - Order Entry in Milford, OH

I worked at Proforma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some pros about this company are that they distract you with company outings involving alcohol and prizes.

Cons

This company is corrupt, they under pay their employees for as little as possible and they only promote family. If you don't have the name you're not going to get very far. The owners are millionaires yet they tried to scam me out of a raise when I was done being a temp and they also did not pay me for my last two weeks. And when I professionally put my two weeks in, they sent me home to make it look like I was fired. They then told a different employee to tell me I wasn't aloud on or in sight of the property because people felt threatened by me. Yet the one time I stopped by after that to ask why I didn't get the pay check I was promised, all the employees said hi to me and how they missed me. This company just wants to bribe the employees so they can keep up their good ratings.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to learn some decency and share the wealth instead of scamming customers with inflated prices and employees with little pay.

9. "An Excellent Opportunity to Grow"

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Proforma (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Proforma almost a year ago. My coworkers and management have always been friendly and accommodating. The things I've learned and responsibilities I've picked up along the way as an intern are absolutely invaluable, especially in my field of study.

I started out making calls primarily, but within a couple months I was specializing with daily tasks practically reflecting what I had just learned in lectures. In fact, I've been provided with opportunities even my classes haven't offered, with experience that is highly marketable. I appreciate the opportunity to work with a company willing to put people in the positions they can specialize in.

Speaking of which, due to unforeseen circumstances, we had a change in management in my division of Proforma. Our team expected things to get a little off-track given the time frame and the specificity of the job title they were trying to fill in.

Things turned out much better than expected. During the transition we're being supervised by Christie. Under her supervision, our team is closer than ever and morale in the office is at an all-time high. Christie is an invaluable asset to us. As both a mentor and a supervisor, she always makes time to answer questions and point us in the right direction. Her outgoing personality makes work much more enjoyable to be at. Christie always invites us to office events so we can meet employees from all divisions of Proforma and make essential connections if we plan to work for one of those divisions down the road.

Proforma has been a wonderful environment to learn from and grow with. I would recommend the Data Specialist internship to absolutely anyone looking to gain practical experience in Management Information Systems, Marketing, Advertising, or any other business major.

Cons

Sometimes things get a little intense with deadlines, but that's to be expected anywhere. The offices have shifted over my stay but I suspect it's because they're restructuring who works where to best suit everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Christie has been an ally and a teacher to us. She's serious when she needs to be, but also very approachable and fair.

10. "Great people - growing company"

Former Employee - Emarketing Specialist in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Emarketing Specialist in Independence, OH

I worked at Proforma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a former member of the marketing team, I saw first-hand the growth this company is experiencing. The crown jewel of this company is the people at the Support Center. I've never worked with a more tightly-knit group of people before - and the atmosphere they create alone makes this organization worth your time to apply.

People aside - there's always something to do, and there's always a challenge to over-come which leads to a fulfilling work experience. People interested in going above and beyond can go far in this organization.

Cons

There is definitely room for improvement, but certainly nothing that would warrant keeping you from looking into Proforma.

Medical benefits are mostly competitive, but pay leaves something to be desired, as is a lack of flex time (though, since my departure, I understand management is looking into this - again, the people here are fantastic, and management is always looking to improve the atmosphere for their employees).

This job is not for you if hard work and tight deadlines scare you. This is a high-pressure job at times, and any person looking for an easy 9-5 desk job would best be served to search elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Follow through on a flex time plan - this will go a long way in helping your retain the stellar talent you have on the team.

Employee recognition is fantastic, and you do a stellar job in this area, but reconsider the benefits and pay for your hard workers. The market is incredibly competitive, and starving for the kind of people that you currently employ - you've got a fantastic group of them already on your team - taking care of them with more competitive pay and benefits will go a long way in helping you to continue to grow and succeed as you've been doing over the years.

"Business Analysts"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Proforma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Proforma has been an environment where I can grow in my career. The working environment allows me to have a voice and I feel that my work contributes to the growth we have been experiencing. The CEO is very welcoming and works well with our team.

Cons

As we continue to grow the need for additional space will need to be addressed

Advice to Management

The continual support from our CEO and IT Management team has been instrumental to our fast pacing growth.