Pyramid Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2020

4.2
Pyramid CEO and Co-Founder Jeff Hwang (no image)
Jeff Hwang
  1. "Friendly Team Culture, Open to Innovation and Ideas"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Pyramid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company to Work, Innovation!

Cons

Balancing lot of Projects at a time

2. "Deceiving Reviews"

1.0
    Former Employee - Controls Engineer in Fairfax, Hamilton, OH

I worked at Pyramid full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay you for your time.

Cons

Expect your Lead to ignore you. You may need to get a passport as soon as you start regardless of receiving a paycheck as work will probably be in a different country. There are large periods of dead time in which you may just have to train yourself. Expect to work in a construction type area with a lot of grinding and impacts. It may be noisier than working in a combustion lab. Hair is important so don’t waste time if you don’t have great hair.

Continue reading

3. "Amazing company with an outstanding culture"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Pyramid full-time

Pros

The company truly cares about its employees. They listen to employee concerns and take measures to improve at all levels. The executive team works hard to make employees at all levels have opportunities to grow. They are transparent, which is huge in a federal contracting company which always has some level of uncertainty. The culture starts with professional teamwork and positivity at all levels. Employees don't gossip or point fingers. As a result, the atmosphere is generally fun and lighthearted with events like ping pong tournaments, board game nights, professional sports outings, and company picnics. The founders highly value volunteerism and community service and provide time off for volunteering.

Cons

At times, the company does not value input from people speaking about a topic outside their formal job. For example, if a software developer gives really good input regarding a proposal, it often gets dismissed because the software developer isn't a proposal writer. Or if a business analyst gives really helpful input about technical design, it gets dismissed because they aren't engineers.

Continue reading
  4. "A great place to work."

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Pyramid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice work environment and great company culture. Good HR and Event team for arranging activities through the year.

Cons

The company is still growing and having challenges all the time in the highly competitive industry. However, which also means the employees have the chance to grow with the company.

5. "Rock-solid"

Former Employee - Senior Business Architect in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Pyramid full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company that takes pride in building long lasting relationships based on mutual trust with it's clients and employees. The company name was carefully chosen to signify this commitment.

Cons

Expect to have the opportunity to demonstrate yourselves in extracurricular activities that can cut into your personal time.

Continue reading
  6. "Truly a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Pyramid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pyramid has a great small company culture and treats employees like family. Jeff and Sherry are amazing leaders who go above and beyond to inspire their employees. Pyramid frequently hosts events that bring employees closer together.

Cons

You may be expected to put in extra time to help the company grow, but this isn't necessarily a con for everyone since it also means personal growth.

7. "Good place for a young software engineer to get to learn and get comfortable with the field."

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Pyramid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great teamwork culture, great people to work with, happy hours and some flexibility.

Cons

Commuting from DC to Fairfax , location.

8. "Great workplace culture with focus on career development"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Pyramid full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-Company culture: company genuinely cares about their employees and families; employees have direct access to C-Suite for any issues if needed. CEO and President show genuine interest and empathy for individuals and promote their growth within the company. Many employees have created strong friendships both on-site and with events outside of work. Many employees have been with Pyramid 5-10+ years -Career growth: Company prefers to promote from within and performers are rewarded with management responsibilities, salary increases, and performance awards. Entry-level employees such as receptionist or junior business analyst have become program leaders in the company -Compensation: Salaries are competitive and bonuses are tied to individual performance, not program or project profitability. Other benefits are also generous including tuition reimbursement, transit subsidy, and reimbursement for certain professional dues such as PMP -Projects: Work is generally stimulating, especially with new development/cloud projects

Cons

-Individuals tend to support multiple efforts at once which at times can be challenging

9. "Pyramid review"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Pyramid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work environment; Ownership group is good and enjoy working for them. Pretty upbeat place to work. Solid place to work when starting out in IT career.

Cons

No telework on certain projects and seems to be not much career development or patience to develop staff. Online training is not helpful and should have on the job training for current skills wanted in today's market.

Pyramid Response

President and Co-founder

We pride ourselves on a creating a positive work environment, so thank you for your comments. Although we’d like to provide telework options for client staff, it really depends on the client’s requirements. We are continuously working to improving our training processes, but we are always eager to hear suggestions, so please email HR@pyramidsystems.com if you have any additional ideas on how we can improve in this area.

"overrated"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Pyramid full-time

Pros

some interesting work at times

Cons

Unstable work, they may lose some contracts. Low morale, high turnover. Some condescending/arrogant coworkers (for no reason). Some disheveled and unprofessional appearances. Office politics, gossip, favoritism. Layout is like working in a fishbowl.

Pyramid Response

CEO & Co-Founder

Federal consulting is not always easy due to the nature of contracting. Our staff’s well-being is just as important to us as our client’s success, so we are transparent with staff and properly prepare them for the future when/if a contract comes to an end. We hope you received that preparation and if you didn’t, let us know so we can make corrective changes. Our turnover rate overall in the industry is low. Measuring and monitoring our turnover rate is critical to us. Recently we won a Great Places to Work certification with 95% percent of respondents saying they highly enjoying working at Pyramid. We would love to talk with you personally to see how we can make working at Pyramid better, please contact us at HR@pyramidsystems.com.

Found 41 reviews