RBA Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
RBA CEO Rick Born
Rick Born

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Finally, being a consultant at RBA provides me with a great work/life balance that I simply didn't have in the past at other companies" (in 10 reviews)

• "The office is a great place to be, people enjoy being here and doing great work for our clients" (in 4 reviews)

"RBA Review"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at RBA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At RBA you will find opportunity to work with the latest technology at large and mid-sized companies in the Twin Cities. Great team members and fun events make it a good place to work.

Cons

Nominal benefits and the lack of a 401k match are cons. Not a lot of money or time for training is made available to employees who are expected to learn advanced technical skills.

Advice to Management

Spice up your benefits package, give to employees 401k's and provide time and money for training.

2. "Loving My Opps at RBA"

Current Employee - Analyst in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Analyst in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at RBA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job opportunities for projects and exposure to many different organizations. Supportive of employee learning and growth as well as work/life balance and values thought leadership. Teams are encouraged to collaborate with each other to share knowledge and build relationships. The office is a great place to be, people enjoy being here and doing great work for our clients.

Cons

None at this time. Truly enjoying working here.

3. "Perks, but needed more management"

I worked at RBA full-time

Pros

RBA was often a fun environment to work in. The company planned fun events and the space is awesome!

Cons

Many of the upper level management left, leaving the organization flat without support for the individual contributors.

Advice to Management

Work at getting some leaders to help drive the business.

"Run far away!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at RBA full-time

Pros

Decent Pay. Thats it!

Cons

Women are unfairly treated and looked at like a piece of meat. Constantly had the PM (APM at the time) making vulgar comments which led to him sleeping with employees.

Advice to Management

Just keep your eyes open and protect the women from being preyed on.

RBA Response

Jan 3, 2019 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. RBA values all feedback. We are disappointed to learn of your experience while working in our former satellite office in Dallas.

Be... More

5. "Family friendly, good culture, smart employees"

I have been working at RBA full-time

Pros

Great location, high quality work, colleagues feel like friends, work life balance, salary is on par with the market.

Cons

Every place has challenges. There are opportunities to improve processes and longer term strategic roadmap.

Advice to Management

Bring additional people into senior management team who are forward thinking visionary leaders.

6. "RBA"

I have been working at RBA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people , positive environment, healthy work-life balance, good benefits and salary.

Cons

A bit reactive. Strategic direction is not always clear and decisions are therefore not always aligned with a vision for success.

7. "It is what it is"

I worked at RBA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was there before the company split - Consulting is about the clients and luckily I worked with some awesome ones.

Cons

I was there before the company split - maybe things have improved since. No real opportunity for career growth. lots of empty promises for that.

Advice to Management

Stick to promises for career paths and growth.

"Collaborative, talented and getting better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at RBA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RBA is a place where the people are sharp and highly skilled coupled with a company who truly values their people. The work/life balance is incredible and supported by leadership to make sure you can do your best work.

Work includes both project work and working onsite with our clients to help them deliver the best solution possible. The variety is pretty nice once you get the chance to work on a few different projects.

Lastly - the talent at RBA seems to get better with every hire - you know the people you're working with on projects are top-notch and capable.

Cons

Internal communication can continue to be improved on direction and overall company updates. Establishing a bit more solid cadence would be an improvement and welcomed.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and focused on how we are growing - and why decisions are made.

"Great Company, Great Culture, Great People"

Current Employee - Discipline Manager in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Discipline Manager in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at RBA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been a full time employee at RBA for over 4 years I can honestly say that it is one of the most employee friendly companies I've ever worked. The team from the leadership down to the consultants doing the work honestly cares about their clients and ensuring that they are happy and satisfied with the sevices we provide. The employees at RBA are hard working, dedicated people that enjoy what they do and have fun while doing it.

Cons

There is always room for improvement in every company, but I think RBA is on the right track.

"Talented Group"

Current Employee - Consultant in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at RBA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been a full time employee and an indpendent consultant. The people I work with directly and indirectly are generous with their time and are willing and excited to collaborate and share information. It's truly refreshing.
    They all can't be perfect, but most of the projects I've been a part of have been challenging and leading edge. I've focused on cloud and that is definitely the attitude here.

Cons

Even though I've seen this issue with other organizations, I wish the subject of communication could get figured out. As consultants in the field we seem to hear news sporadically or not at all.
    While so far this doesn't affect me directly it could make others uneasy.

Advice to Management

Bring a consistent flow of information to the right groups at the right times.
    Focus on technology outside of Microsoft.