RCIS Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great workplace"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at RCIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

family owned, great environment, passionate work

Cons

No cons available to say

2. "Awesome work environment!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RCIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The RCI atmosphere and environment is uplifting, joyful, and encouraging. I have yet to find a company that values its employees and fosters professional and personal growth as much as RCI.

Cons

I have not found any cons as of yet.

3. "Great Company to Work For A REAL 5 star company!"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Anoka, MN
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Anoka, MN

I have been working at RCIS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

RCIS has been very flexible with my work schedule. they have a comfortable dress code and pretty much leave me to decide on my day to day activities. The office politics, other than a little of who you know, that you have at most companies do not exist here. RCIS and now Zurich promote community support activities as well as promoting acceptance of differences. The cultural mix is better here than at some suburban TC companies. Another pro is that the executives are on site and approachable.

Cons

The only real con is the pay. I agree with the other posters that it is pretty low compared to metro TC companies. Im ok with the pay though because the soft benefits and flexibility are so good. A minor nit is that although there isnt much boys club feel, there arent many women in leadership positions and the women that are are under utilized.

Advice to Management

Hire and promote females into leadership positions.

4. "Field Representative"

I have been working at RCIS full-time

Pros

Comparable pay and good benefits.

Cons

Very bureaucratic, hard to get things done. The Company seems to delight in over-regulating itself.

Advice to Management

Keep adhering to the rules and regs but don't encourage service offices and underwriters to develop 'police' mentalities.

5. "Sr. System Analyst"

I have been working at RCIS full-time

Pros

Great Life & Work Balance

Cons

Office building is too far from metro area.

Advice to Management

Treat contractors nicely

6. "An enterprise level company, with small company feel"

I have been working at RCIS full-time

Pros

Relaxed environment, good people, Company appears to care about your personal well being.

Cons

Depending on your department, internal training to move is great or limited.

7. "MPCI Underwriter 1"

Pros

Excellent management, nice co-workers, friendly and relaxed environment

Cons

lowest paid in the industry, a lot of employees leave because of the low pay and tiny raises

Advice to Management

pay people what they are worth

"Great Company Handicapped by Wells Fargo"

I have been working at RCIS full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere with a lot of experience throughout the company. Management is very well connected with their employees, and is very flexible with their needs.

Cons

Wells Fargo tends to micromanage RCIS, and implements a lot of unnecessary policies that frustrates many of the RCIS employees. When higher up gets involved in operating procedures, it feels like decisions are made by people who don't necessarily understand the crop insurance business, but would rather keep Wells Fargo brand reputation high (although if you actually worked there, you would realize Wells Fargo is not as good as their commercials). Zurich is now taking over, so there is lots of happy employees within the company!

Advice to Management

Wells Fargo did too much micromanagement of the company, causing many frustrations throughout. Wells Fargo also would rather train new employees at lower pay rather than keep good employees at industry wide competitive pay. Hopefully, Zurich taking over the company will allow for flexibility within the company.

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Anoka, MN
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Anoka, MN

I have been working at RCIS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

RCIS is a small company and sometimes still feels a bit like a mom-and-pop shop. There's not a lot of turnover, so there's lots of institutional knowledge and subject matter experts. The Crop Insurance Industry changes rapidly due to Farm Bill and RMA mandates, the rate of change is significantly higher than banking or standard insurance industries.

Cons

With limited turnover in staffing, the tendency to continue to do things the 'old way' is strong and new ideas and methods are a bit challenging to implement.

Advice to Management

Balancing innovation and new methods with retaining the knowledge and understanding of WHY the old way worked is a real challenge. Embrace training for new managers, just because they are an expert in some area does not necessarily make them a good resource manager.

"A Little Disappointing..."

Current Employee - Crop Insurance Adjuster
    Current Employee - Crop Insurance Adjuster

I have been working at RCIS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and flexibility. If you are the type of person that enjoys working independently, then this is a great job for you.

Cons

I've only been with RCIS for a relatively short period of time, but it already feels a little cliquish in my area. Because of the nature of the business, you don't spend a lot of time working directly with a lot of people. It could be that the atmosphere is completely different in other places, but the leadership is a little unprofessional in my area. Too many comments made by management about things that should be kept private. I left my previous job because I happen to be gay and when my management team found out... the workplace became extremely inhospitable. I came to RCIS believing in Wells Fargo's commitment to diversity and hoping that their philosophy would extend to their subsidiaries. During my fist sort of social/business meeting with my boss and a small group of coworkers, my boss made several comments that clearly displayed a homophobic attitude. I have no idea if my boss is aware of my sexual orientation. I checked the "gay" box when signing up for health insurance and Wells Fargo's system displayed a message saying that my superiors may have access to that information. Since that time, my boss has stopped replying to emails from me (as a newer employee, I ask a few questions about things sometimes and got instantaneous responses for the first couple of months). I don't know if the lack of responsiveness is related to the homophobic comments and I don't care. All I know is that it makes me feel awkward and disappointed. I have no desire to risk damaging anyone's career or have people walking on pins & needles around me if I get labeled "the overly sensitive gay person who's out to get people". On the other hand, it gets a little difficult to look in a mirror if you don't stand up for yourself when people who are supposed to be professional start slinging insults at you for something beyond your control... something that has no bearing on your job and is absolutely none of their business. I was extremely excited about working for RCIS, but now I'm right back in another difficult situation with no good solution.

Advice to Management

I have no good advice for management. Wells Fargo already includes a great deal of diversity training for all employees. Perhaps they should put even more stress on how important it is for people in leadership roles to be fair, unbiased and professional? Maybe Zurich will shake things up a bit when they take over. Maybe institute ways for HR and upper management to get a general feel for the climate in the company without people having to throw each other under the bus so that when they hold training sessions or meetings they can say "hey... we're getting a sense that we're having an issue with __________. What can we do to fix it?" Sometimes all it takes to fix an issue is for people to realize that it it's an issue that matters to their boss. I don't know. Because of the structure of the company I can only see what's going on in my little corner of the world. Further into this review process I will be asked if I would recommend RCIS to a friend. That depends... is my friend gay? Because if you are, you'll probably want to look elsewhere.