Radware Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Radware President and CEO Roy Zisapel
Roy Zisapel

Pros
  • It has a great culture, great people and perfect location (in 9 reviews)

• The work-life balance is excellent (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of leadership and mentoring - just a micro manager leading the company (in 3 reviews)

• It surprised me for a company in business as long as they have been, their brand recognition is that of a 6mo startup (in 4 reviews)

"Great Technology- Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Radware for almost two years now and it's continues to be a wonderful experience. The security technology is really best in class, so it is easy to promote. My management provides me with the room to grow, and the mentor-ship to succeed. My teammates are truly high caliber professionals that are experts in their field. It is a pleasure to work with them.

The work-life balance is excellent. I can give 100% to my job and still have time for the rest of my life.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment. We are given very tight deadlines to turn projects around in sometimes unrealistic time frames, which can be stressful because we want to deliver the best results possible.

Advice to Management

It seems that Radware is in the process of making a lot of positive changes throughout the company. We are investing more into marketing with a dynamic new CMO, we changed the ISR model, and subsequently the teams in the US. We are starting to see new structure where it was really needed. I would tell management to keep up the good work and keep communicating to us.

"Senior Level Technical Role - Very rewarding position"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Radware provides an individual the opportunity to be innovative, contribute , make real difference to the business and be rewarded proportionately. Great place to be overall, continuous learning surround by amazingly talented teams .

Cons

If you like lots of red tape and boundaries you may not enjoy the open door, git Otherwise its a welcoming place to self empowered, talented.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work empowering people and leading innovations through technology.

"Inside Sales has fallen apart...BEWARE!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good technology
    Publicly traded (although any investor worth a dime shouldn't put their money here)
    You might go to Tel Aviv

Cons

Lost 5 senior reps in a week and that's the beginning. This is all due to the following:
    -No career path, and they don't seem to care about developing one
    -They do not value committed employees
    -salary and commission plan are below industry standards, and no one ever hits target
    -6-9 month deal cycle, and when they close good luck getting paid correctly by finance (oh, they're all in Israel so the 10 hour time difference makes communication impossible)
    -Numerous empty/broken promises, if it's not in writing (hint: it never is) then it will never happen
    -No tools to do the job (desk phones barely work, Internet cuts out often, laptops are outdated, CRM tool is near unusable [hint: it's not the one EVERY company uses], no demo lab environment)
    -don't expect any help from HR or IT
    -No clear direction, senior leadership has ADD
    -new management doesn't understand industry, technology, or how to sell this DIFFICULT to understand product suite
    -it takes 9 months to ramp AND understand how to sell this product suite
    -benefits plan puts the burden on the employee not the company

Advice to Management

Take a "how to be a leader 101" course. Then try actually caring about your valuable employees. Maybe the revolving door of tenured reps leaving will stop.

There is no teamwork. Create a culture around team building and ownership of a target together across different job roles - not just individual contribution.

Your competitors offer WAY more money. Quit being so cheap and start acting like a real Silicon Valley tech company - or move your operations elsewhere.

Fire your most senior leader in the US and build a business plan with some consistent long term direction. Changing course every 6 months when deals take longer than that to close is absurd.

Either that, or just do everyone a favor and sell the company to your largest technology partner.

"Leaderless"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent technology
    Booming industry
    There are some good people working at this company

Cons

No career advancement opportunities
    Outdated, old-school leadership with no consistent strategic direction
    If Radware has the best technology, then why are its competitors DOMINATING the market?
    Regularly shorts commission checks, reimbursement can take months to be issued

Advice to Management

The most senior sales "leadership" must go. Employees have been saying this since well before I started. Hire some young, hungry, and aggressive employees. Once that's done then pick a plan and stick to it..

Spend some money on marketing and build a reputable brand. Telling customers "we're the best kept secret on the market" is a joke.

Better do it quick. The competitors are looking to pick up whatever crumbs are leftover, and Radware's "patented technology" won't save them forever.

"An excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Director, Customer Sucess in Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Director, Customer Sucess in Mahwah, NJ

Pros

Great people to work with, extremely talented and professional team, a great working environment, cutting edge products and technologies, top tier customers, fast pace environment, great pay and benefits!

Cons

None - absolutely love it here

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Products and technology are second to none in the industry. Solid customer base in the DDoS space. Very smart though under utilized internal resources and product evangelists. Top level management is great, mid level is suffering.

Cons

No sales and engineering/professional services alignment. Constant turnover. Company is very engineering driven, but only pays attention to the largest customers. There is a great deal of inside/outside sales team fragmentation, competition, and animosity which can deteriorate an organization from within. No brand awareness or marketing spend which leads to lack of customer access. No urgency to grow business, company seems to be stuck in a rut. Make sure any comp plan promises you receive are in writing.

Advice to Management

Align Engineering/PS to each sales team organization so customers aren't suffering and leaving or looking at other solutions. Need better pre-sales engineering and post sales assigned to accounts for retention. Quick to sell and on to the next customer. Need more customer outreach, existing customers don't know what company does, let alone net new customers. Need more name awareness and access.

"Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Radware (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, product, and culture. Love working here and plan for a very long time.

Cons

None. Love it here and can't wait to see what the future holds.

Advice to Management

Use more targeted marketing tactics to increase inbound leads and brand perception.

"Outside Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New England, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New England, WV

I worked at Radware (More than a year)

Pros

- Really good products and are on top of the industry
    - remote work
    - pay was good

Cons

- Leadership sucks BIG TIME
    - Lets go of people for no good reason
    - Brand awareness is terrible

Advice to Management

- Try to maintain talent

"Good product, very poor leadership"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Products. By far the market leader in nearly every product line they represent.

Cons

Regularly refuses to pay Sales employees in an illegal fashion. Finds ever creative ways to not pay people what they are owed.

"Happy at Radware"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Mahwah, NJ

Pros

I recently joined Radware and It has been a great experience. Radware is an innovative, world class organization. The company provides a wealth of tools and resources to ensure employees are successful. The employees are very friendly and supportive and everyone shares an entrepreneurial spirit. Radware takes pride in their employees and customers and will go the extra mile to support both. I am excited about the future with Radware.

Cons

Have not found any yet!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!