RateGain Reviews | Glassdoor

RateGain Reviews

Updated Nov 10, 2019

3.9
RateGain CEO Harmeet Singh (no image)
Harmeet Singh
Pros
Cons
  • "(in 9 reviews)

• "I always like to look on the brighter side of life, hence not experienced anything negative(in 9 reviews)

1. "Most Exciting Saas Company In Travel & Hospitality"

Current Employee - Associate Vice President, Customer Success in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RateGain full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. People - Working with an extremely talented group of individuals that treat each other like family 2. Recognition - Hard work and efforts don't go unrecognized. There is a tailored program specifically designed to ensure credit is given where due. 3. Advanced Technology - End-to-End solutions portfolio that carries a heavy value proposition spanning data, decision, and distribution. 4. Growth Opportunity... - Unlimited opportunity for career growth and leadership development

Cons

None to report at this time

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!! Great working environment with good vibes

RateGain2019-06-04
  2. "Healthy working environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at RateGain full-time

Pros

Flexible working hours Healthy working environment

Cons

Lack of perks Some teams work on old technologies

RateGain2019-09-26

"Dont join Rategain! Run for the hills..."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RateGain full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are none. I hate to say it and it is the only possible pro I can think of but I actually like some of the people who worked here but most of the people are toxic and fake.

Cons

Where do I start? Most of the good people have already left, the talent and knowledge has been hollowed out and moved to India. They expect people to work all hours on problems that can't be solved without real investment. I feel bad every time I have to deal with the India team because they are really miserable and treated like dirt. There is no vision, no management, no leadership. The 'President' spends... most of his time out of the office, lying to customers and making promises he knows we can't deliver. I'm so done with this place and can't get out quick enough.

Advice to Management

It's not worth my breath because people have tried and failed multiple times to provide feedback but they don't listen. The management team are rotten from the CEO down. My only piece of advice would be to stop posting fake reviews so people can see just how bad Rategain really is.

RateGain2019-08-16

"Run as fast as you can."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at RateGain full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None now that the company is run like they run their Indian offices.

Cons

RG purchased DHISCO, immediately started laying people off so they could send those jobs back to India. Process and procedures were discontinued for new and existing work. If the client didn’t generate enough money, they put the project on hold. Wants everything done yesterday, be on conf calls all the time even in the middle of the night for US staff that knows the products. Prior to the take over, people felt... like they were part of something. Once RG came in, US staff felt we were never heard. Do it this way, oh, not fast enough, do it that way. This takes too long, make it faster, even though the issues were basically waiting on the client. When requiring new staff to be trained, allow them to train instead of putting that person onto other jobs.

Advice to Management

Treat people as people, not as a tool for you to break while half-assed ideas are thrown around. Believe in your staff, listen to them as they’ve been doing this longer than you. The idea of “my brothers keeper” is ridiculous as people can help one another without feeling like if one person fails to do their job that I should be chastised for their screw up. Be more friendly to everyone as not just the other Indian... employees.

RateGain2019-07-21

"Muddled company"

I worked at RateGain full-time for less than a year

Pros

-location in Dallas across from Galleria - parking - walking trail outside of building - hotel next to building - good proximity to DFW Airport and Love Field

Cons

Employee degradation and dismissiveness tolerated by HR and senior management resulting in constant employee angst. There is work life balance as long as you or anyone if your family is not sick and needs some of your attention; even if you can work off-hours. Not enough capital or revenue to properly retain and grow customer base or stay current much less get ahead. Technology has atrophied as well as customer... satisfaction - customers who have not left already and leaving. Implementation of products and services arduous. Dank working environment. Nonhygienic men’s room. De-implemented processes and controls jeopardize GPDR and PCI compliance. Sadly, you cannot complain to HR without it hurting your job. Disingenuous senior management contrive sayings and mantras to give the appearance they are forward thinking and driving a common goal; but do not back up what they say with action, making it a “Do as I say and not as I do type’” of environment. For new people or industry veterans, this company will disappoint you. There are much better companies in the Dallas Fort Worth area in the same or similar industry with better technology, benefits, policies, strategy, management and values if that is what you are looking for.

Advice to Management

Come up with a plan to address the cons and get the people who can execute that plan.

RateGain2019-04-02
  6. "Great Working Environment!"

I worked at RateGain full-time for less than a year

Pros

good training and travel opportunities

Cons

employment for overseas is contractual

RateGain2017-11-13

"each company has its pros and cons... so does this one"

I have been working at RateGain full-time

Pros

Interesting product, interesting industry space - online distribution, travel/international exposure, great colleagues, friendly environment, informal organizational structure

Cons

appalling HR policies - leave etc., salary is just OK

Advice to Management

better employee friendly policies - more leaves and other employee engagement initiatives

RateGain2014-02-10

"Do Not Work Here: lack of ethics and will not pay what they owe"

Former Employee - Vice President Business Development in Chicago, IL

I worked at RateGain full-time for less than a year

Pros

You might be able to work from home

Cons

They did not pay >$4000 US$ that they owed me during my last month as a consultant, and I met another former consultant who they still owe >$30,000 US$ that they did not pay. They will try to keep you out of engagements with your customers to keep from paying you. They are very poor in leadership and ethics and this is not a good employer to work for or company you want on your resume.

Advice to Management

Be fair to your employees and consultants.

RateGain2012-10-08
  9. "Amazing Company to work with!"

I have been working at RateGain full-time

Pros

Great Work Exposure, Learning,Growth etc.

Cons

Nothing bad that I can think of

Advice to Management

we should have office across the country.

RateGain2019-11-11
  10. "Performance driven culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noida

I have been working at RateGain full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clear growth opportunities for performing employees. Flexibility to attempt new initiatives. Constant focus of HR team to bring in new benefits for employees to continue be a great place to work.

Cons

None to quote so far.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great leadership to bring in new ideas and strategy. At the same time, also continue to groom leaders within. The company is in the right direction.

RateGain2019-11-10