Right Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 21, 2019

3.3
Jonas Prising

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work from home, except when on client assignments" (in 12 reviews)

• "Working remotely provides a great opportunity to find that sought after work/life balance" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company maxes out full time employees; leftover work goes to project employees (part timers)" (in 10 reviews)

• "The bureaucratic tangles one has from being owned by a huge parent company" (in 7 reviews)

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work environment is really good

Cons

There is no Cons about the company

2. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Office Administrator
    Former Employee - Office Administrator

I worked at Right Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company had great benefits

Cons

None that I can come up with

3. "Saw potential, but nothing pans out. Overworked and underpaid."

Current Employee - Office Administrator
    Current Employee - Office Administrator

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generous PTO (3 weeks and can take time off as needed as opposed to scheduling it in advance), decent insurance.

Cons

Toxic, negative trickle down effect. They promote career building and moving up in the company, but it rarely happens, especially for Admin staff. They will keep temps on as years without making them full time (permanent employees) to avoid paying them more and giving them benefits. The company is going under, so bonuses and raises aren't given. Their cultures & values statements are crap. They don't practice what they preach.

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive and caring team, flexible hours, consultative solutions

Cons

Competitive market with many players

"Sabotaged by Poor Leadership"

I worked at Right Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The team is largely comprised of talented people who love bringing value to the business community.

Cons

In spite of its professed value proposition around its clients and people, leadership's actions focus solely on near term performance and enable poor and sometimes abusive leadership behaviors.

Advice to Management

Follow your own advice on leadership. You tell clients that fear mongering is ineffective, yet it's your primary style. Cracking the whip harder will not substitute for a business that is, in many ways, out of step with the current climate.

"Sales"

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A handful of talented people and consultants who care about each other and our clients; but I’m guessing the good people who remain won’t be here for long.

Cons

If you think it was bad before - look again. We all waited for the new and improved strategies from new leadership - but it didn’t happen. Same ‘ol same O. Sales needs to do more and every year when you do what they ask - they cut your pay significantly and give new commission structures that take you back 2-3 years in income. Just when u thought you sold something under one plan they change it.

Leadership needs serious coaching RVPs need to be on boarded properly - the leadership team lacks any type of desire to learn anything from their people to inquire from the front line before making demands and business decisions. It’s a mindset of what have you done for me lately. No appreciation, no empathy, no desire to do the right thing which leads to employees who are disengaged, unhappy, frustrated, and burnt out. People either leave on their own or are asked to leave and they pile the work on the closest person who’s capable and or are already at capacity. It’s always about how do we pay our people less, get them to do more, and the new strategy is a poorly thought out and executed one - clients will be running out the door and this ship is sinking fast. Grab a life vest!

Advice to Management

Give training to leadership on how to lead senior level professionals - if you treat people like we work in a call center that’s the type of business you will get. Transactional garbage and clients who will never invest. Invest in what is needed to get and deliver the type of great work we used to. Leadership needs to create a business case for what the business needs to turn it around (solutions offerings) Instead of the same plan year over year of squeezing your sales teams when you don’t have any solid marketing, lead gen, and no investment in any format to create any type of brand. Leadership doesn’t have a clue. Let them all go and get a solid leader who knows how to go to market in a senior level professional services environment or get out of the business.

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom to design and deliver leadership development solutions that delight our clients and provide meaningful work for myself and colleagues. Work from home, except when on client assignments. Feel valued and respected.

Cons

The consultant utilization requirement is too high considering the amount of administrative responsibilities also required.

Advice to Management

Change the company description text on Glass Door. Right Management is so much more than an outplacement company! Invest in marketing, advocating and expanding your talent management practice. Hire a number of junior consultants to work with senior consultants on certain projects. This could allow more competitive pricing and ensure a constantly developing bench.

"Consultant"

Pros

People oriented, helpful, informative, current

Cons

Management doesn't always understand what we do

Advice to Management

Treat consultants like professionals.

"Culture Issues"

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Colleagues enjoy helping people and seeing results. As a result you work with very nice and professional staff members who are interested in others.

Cons

Home based leadership is not only lacking in depth and integrity, they maintain a fear-based work environment. Management either lacks courage, is ineffective, even a couple are outright bullies.

Advice to Management

Make your managers rise to the level that creates an environment of trust and appreciation. Don't harbor managers who do well despite their own bad behavior.

"Great company"

I have been working at Right Management part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule flexibility and rewarding work

Cons

We could use some improvements with technology.