KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The ethics that they follow also I believe the benefits are good and co worker are great(in 155 reviews)
  • "Good pay and Epic Software(in 81 reviews)
  • "Great people and mission statement.(in 74 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers who really care about patients.(in 62 reviews)
  • "The staff are great and really care about the healthcare needs of their patient's.(in 47 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SSM Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Data Engineer

Feb 23, 2022 - Data Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Environment to work, great team work

Cons

Can not think of anything

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lab Support Tech I/Lab Support Tech II Review

Jun 19, 2022 - Clinical Laboratory Support Technician II in Fond du Lac, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working as a Lab Assistant at St. Agnes Hospital is a great opportunity for college students who want to better understand many of the roles in health care. I am fortunate to collaborate with doctors, nurses, PA’s, NP’s, respiratory therapists, ultrasound techs, etc. due to drawing blood in many departments. I often draw blood in the ER, ICU, Cath Lab, Day Surgery, occasionally the OR, GI Lab, Women and Infants, the hospital floors, and nursing homes. Luckily, if you don’t like working second or third shift, employees can work in the Outpatient Lab, which operates during normal business hours. This job is truly amazing and if I had to go back in time to when I was looking for jobs, I would absolutely choose this career all over again. Like all jobs, there are pros and cons. In my case, all of the pros out way the cons, by far.

Cons

Working as a Phlebotomist or a Lab Assistant has many benefits, however, there are several downsides. Here are a few: - Our department has a force-to-work policy, meaning that if you have the least amount of volunteered hours, you will be forced to work shifts from employees who are on leave of absences, people who quit, etc. Missing a forced shift will be an occurrence. - The work schedule only comes out two weeks in advance due to staffing shortages, and management is not flexible with rearranging the schedule once it is posted. - It’s really difficult to get seniority PTO approved. All-in-all, this position is an excellent way to immerse yourself into the healthcare setting, whether your employment is short term, or if you are in it for the long haul.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Think twice

Jun 29, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The patients and staff are helpful

Cons

No paid holidays and limited to when you can take vacation unless you have "FMLA." Also, you are made to take PTO when you leave early or come in late. The department is closed on Holidays, and you are made to use PTO for the holiday. You should not have to use PTO because the office is closed. That is something out of our control Management is not nurturing and does work with employees

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

PRN Float Nurse

Jun 17, 2022 - I Choice
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling and no required weekends or holidays.

Cons

Bonus payment structuring during critical staffing was geared towards getting PRN staff to work full-time hours which I found to be non-conducive to a PRN position. Where is the motivation to pick up extra beyond my requirement during critical staffing shortages, especially if I have a primary job to work as well?

5. 5.0

Medical Assistant review at SSM Health

Jun 30, 2022 - Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a great environment and I love the large learning curve of the job

Cons

Some of the people can be quite critical.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

I will work here until I can't.

Jun 30, 2022 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Janesville, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

atmosphere is great and flexibility with scheduling is nice.

Cons

it's always best to keep to yourself .

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

it's a good place to work

Jun 30, 2022 - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

supportive environment, 401 k match %

Cons

nothing major that I have found yet

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Couldn't be happier

Jun 3, 2022 - IT Senior Analyst II in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Mangerment and a proactive IT department where leadership looks for ways to improve employees work life balance. Well compensated for time, great benefits and an outstanding work-life balance.

Cons

Coming from UW Health which has a well known toxic micro mangement style culture - SSM Health is the perfect fit for me - No cons whatsoever