The latest conversations about Healthcare
I loved my job for the first 2 years and never would imagine that I am writing this today. The small company became successful that they grew too fast and became a corporate monster. I had amazing working relationships will all who started this company but now, due to corporate hierarchy, I can only speak with my immediate supervisor. She is new to the company and we do not seem to like each other. I have learned that I am not made to be in a corporate setting. Anyone else feel that way?
Got a burning question about SSM Health? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SSM Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The ethics that they follow also I believe the benefits are good and co worker are great" (in 185 reviews)
- "Can be good pay" (in 106 reviews)
- "Great people and mission statement." (in 93 reviews)
- "Great team members and coworkers!" (in 77 reviews)
- "The staff are great and really care about the healthcare needs of their patient's." (in 51 reviews)
- "Poor management at the top who think hospitals and clinics should be managed the same, even though they are very different operationally ." (in 129 reviews)
- "Upper management does not care about the 'workers' No compassion." (in 32 reviews)
- "Poor management and leadership." (in 31 reviews)
- "Inexperienced managers and no accountability" (in 31 reviews)
- "Low Raises HR plays games with job titles to keep compensation comparisons low" (in 15 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of SSM Health and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 2,032 of over 2K reviews
Updated Sep 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 22, 2023Senior Continuous Improvement ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOklahoma City, OK
Genuinely cares about patients. Most employees have a long tenure
Pay is slightly less than other systems
- 2.0Sep 3, 2023AnonymousFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMadison, WI
Average- above average pay scale, in my immediate department there were many great coworkers.
Hard coming in from another company with experience, might be better as a new grad or intern. Many lifer employees from other departments and management who would rather haze employees in then train them properly. Always short staffed while also trying to cut the budget. Other departments work very poorly with each other which seems to be a management/disagreement on hiring and who works where. I don’t think anyone I worked with still works there anymore or at least very few.
SSM Health Reviews FAQs
SSM Health has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,139 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at SSM Health to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
59% of SSM Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SSM Health 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.