Satmetrix Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Satmetrix President and Chief Executive Officer Richard M. Owen
Richard M. Owen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fantastic place to work in with perfect work life balance and some amazing directors & managers to work under (in 6 reviews)

• Its a great place to work if you have rich experience and enjoy contributing individually and your efforts wont go unnoticed (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • New product initiatives are very hit or miss (in 7 reviews)

• Additionally, depending on the department you work in, work/life balance can be awful (in 4 reviews)

1. "Talent Advisor/ Recruiter"

Former Employee - Talent Advisor in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Talent Advisor in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Satmetrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice and smart people and very friendly culture. Good pay and good work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of career advancement. Lack of urgency. Reluctant to make a change.

"Sales"

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The technology is great. The methodology is sound.

Cons

No accountability to move business forward

3. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a fairly laid back environment, with schedules/ work from home flexibility. Nice people work here and it's a good place to get business experience ! Goals are difficult but achievable.

Cons

There has been a lot of turnover since I have worked here, both of employees and of clients. Though Satmetrix has a great product, it doesn't market it as well as it could.

Advice to Management

Inspire your employees and set an example/ lay out a vision for the future that we can articulate to our clients and prospects.

4. "Sales Development Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Satmetrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working environment and leadership team

Cons

Have to flexible with timings

Advice to Management

Don't loose hope so early and listen to your employees too instead of listening only higher management.

5. "Good company for career growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Flexible working culture
    As a long time startup, there are many oppts to learn and growth yourself

Cons

Comp is average
    Vision is not clear

Advice to Management

Focus on the product and service

6. "Company Poised for Growth"

Pros

Exciting credible, market that is growing. Sound strategy that is positioning us for growth. Great product that allows us to win in most competitive situations. Vast opportunities to contribute and add value quickly but you need to seize these situations when presented.

Cons

Need to deal with ambiguity as the customer experience market and general SaaS market is evolving. Many people think it is a management issue but most companies grapple with these same issues. You just need to be confident in your abilities to be a thought leader.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the company forward and reward those people who are adding value to the company's strategy and ability to execute.

"If You Have Other Job Prospects, Pursue Them Instead."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Satmetrix full-time

Pros

You have some autonomy to do work and lunches are catered on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There are certainly capable people in individual contributor roles, but they're outnumbered by people who are just seat warmers.

Cons

Even though there are small teams that should be in lock step, communication is extremely poor, i.e. no regular team meetings and 1:1's were rare. It's become an alarming trend that they fire people like they're going through Kleenex, often with little or no warning. No performance improvement plans here. It's simply the way they do business. If you want long term stability and career progression, you're looking in the wrong place.

Advice to Management

When you hire people, really invest in them, make a point to provide them with the structure and tools to succeed. Do a much better job of having team managers/leaders communicate with team members on a regular basis and have a vision and plan in place. Don't go from whim to whim and then fire people when things don't work out.

Satmetrix Response

Aug 19, 2016 – Head of HR

Dear Former Employee,
    We apologize that your experience at Satmetrix was less than ideal. We appreciate the feedback. As with most startups, we expect most of our employees to make an impact from... More

8. "Great group of individuals, some growing pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time

Pros

Managers appreciate and see the hard work someone does, and will reward you for your efforts. The product is unique for the CX space and helping small to enterprise companies capture customer feedback.

Cons

Satmetrix the past year has had some growing pains and change in business directions.

Advice to Management

Find way's to keep employees motivated and give direction in how an individual can grow in the organisation.

"Overall good place, some business issues"

Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Satmetrix (More than a year)

Pros

Overall supportive and collegial environment. The people are smart, driven, friendly and there's a real spirit of teamwork. The product has gotten a LOT better in the past few years, tech stack is getting updated so that it feels like an up-to-date software company rather than one stuck in the early 2000's. The organizational structure has also gotten better recently, now there is more cooperation between departments. Processes are far from perfect but have improved.

Also the company is financially healthy and has been giving back to the employees with bonuses, free lunches, and unlimited PTO which is nice. We even have massage Fridays! It used to be every Friday but now it's every other Friday--I would complain about this, but that would be a bit spoiled of me.

Cons

New product initiatives are very hit or miss. Executive team gets super excited about the next big feature or product, we put a ton of work into it, and then it seems about 50/50 whether the feature gets traction or completely fizzles out. It's a very expensive trial-and-error strategy for product development. It's good we have had some success, but the misses are really sidetracking fast growth.

I also often wish the executives would FOCUS on certain key product areas and let us keep improving it, rather than making the product team add more and more to what is already a very complicated application.

Additionally, depending on the department you work in, work/life balance can be awful. There are some folks (especially the ones who work directly with clients) who seem to be online at all hours. I think this has been getting better though.

Finally, our marketing department keeps turning over. What is up with that? Not sure if this is a problem across the tech industry. But it seems to me this just drags down the growth of our business.

Advice to Management

Improve the product development strategy. We need to get better at using analytics to track which areas of the application are most frequently used. A lot of engineering time is spent working on things that are not even used by clients or desirable to prospects. And on the flip side there are a LOT of bugs / product limitations that cause pain for our users, but they don't get enough attention because the engineers are too busy building the next new-fangled thing.

We also need to get better at using publicly-available prototypes or betas to see if a new product initiative is even interesting to our market. Our product development process is inefficient. Our "minimum viable product" approach often results in spending too many resources on a feature that ultimately doesn't get used, or spending too few resources and releasing something that seems half-built and just frustrates our users.

10. "Amazing People & Great Product"

Current Employee - Product
    Current Employee - Product

I have been working at Satmetrix (Less than a year)

Pros

Satmetrix pools with many talented people. The company culture is great and everyone is easy to work with. The company has going through some changes and the changes was for the best.

Cons

I've no cons to share at the moment