KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 486 of over 586 reviews

3.6
Shutterstock CEO Paul Hennessy
Paul Hennessy

What people are saying about Shutterstock

Join the conversation on

Designers

4d

a

Graphic Designer

My creative director for a multi-billion dollar sports company is using shutterstock to make some of our event logos. I let them know that shutterstock doesn’t allow licensing, but they made another logo using a shutterstock template. What do I do to bring this up to someone who might care/be worried about legal repercussions?

11 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Shutterstock and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Great benefits, great coworkers

Jul 13, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid, profitable company with lots of interesting problems to solve. Great benefits including 16 weeks parental leave and 50% 401k match. In my experience, Shutterstock values its employees and treats us well. They also try hard to hire high-performing low-ego engineers who are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

There will always be some amount of bureaucracy at a company this size, but I wouldn't say it's worse than average. There are a lot of moving parts in the Shutterstock architecture, which can make it difficult to build things quickly as an engineer.

Shutterstock Response

Thanks for leaving a review and for all your contributions to Shutterstock! We'd be lost without our amazing Tech team and based on your tenure, you have directly contributed to so much of our growth over the past few years. We are so happy to have you on the team!

2. 5.0

Solid business

May 11, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

good place to work, overall

Cons

Acquisitions and aggressive product roadmap make for a certain amount of disfunction

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

great company

Aug 3, 2022 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

compensation work life balance flexibility

Cons

insurance insurance insurance insurance insurance

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

New leader, new vibe!

Jul 27, 2022 - Human Resources Professional
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative environment, great colleagues, very interesting product and the direction we are going both strategically and culturally is both positive and exciting. Benefits and compensation are competitive and there is work life balance.

Cons

With the new CEO, the culture is changing, but there are still pockets of the old culture that need to change, but they are moving in the right direction.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Inspiring leadership and exciting vision

Jul 27, 2022 - Senior Director, Product Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

The new leadership team is fostering innovation in an inclusive and diverse environment. All my teammates are great thinkers and hard workers. We're excited to be part of this journey.

Cons

Still making progress on the remote culture, the company facilitates offsite and in-person team meetings.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Reinvigorated by new CEO!

Jul 26, 2022 - Vice President in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

US benefits and parental leave

Cons

Management Turnover has slowed, but continues.

Shutterstock Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are super excited about Paul Hennessy joining as CEO as well! His energy, vision and down to earth authenticity are exactly what Shutterstock needs as we continue to evolve. Stay tuned for more good things to come!

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company with room for improvement

Jul 25, 2022 - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, including a 50% 401k match on all contributions.

Cons

Some struggles with headcount planning over the years.

8. 4.0

Decent

Jul 12, 2022 - Marketing in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of projects, open to ideas

Cons

Lots of unexpected direction changes

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

N/A

May 26, 2022 - Customer Support Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company allows you to be yourself and also has accommodations for people with disabilities

Cons

There are no cons with this company

10. 4.0

Decent company / unorganized leadership

May 24, 2022 - Client Partner in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Young company Flexible work perspective ;wormlike balance is huge heew

Cons

Too much politics and backstabbing

Viewing 1 - 10 of 486 Reviews
</>Embed

Shutterstock Reviews FAQs

Shutterstock has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 586 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Shutterstock to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Shutterstock employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Shutterstock. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

62% of Shutterstock employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Shutterstock 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Shutterstock to be compensation, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Shutterstock Job Seekers