SkillStorm Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
SkillStorm President Doug Wise
Doug Wise

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They create a amazing work environment for everyone" (in 13 reviews)

• "Culture, Work Life Balance, Management Style" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons when you love what you do" (in 17 reviews)

• "No work from home per week/month" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Incredible Company. Incredible Culture"

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Skillstorm provides a wonderful environment to grow. Management is constantly inspiring and helping employees improve. Definitely a family environment.

Cons

I have no cons. The company is amazing

Advice to Management

Keep STORMING ON!

2. "Growing Company with Lots of Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SkillStorm provides a supportive work environment and allows their employees to grow with the company. As the company grows, there are opportunities for employees to experience different aspects of the company, change teams if they desire, and to be promoted. Overall, SkillStorm invests in their employees and wants the best for them.

Cons

The nature of the work can be high stress, but having co-workers you enjoy working with makes it manageable.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide opportunities for new employees to grow with the company!

"Great & Upbeat Company"

Current Employee - Design Team Lead/Applications Architect in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Design Team Lead/Applications Architect in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Happy and upbeat company culture that loves celebrating everything from birthdays, to performance, and holidays (and not just main stream).
    - Very understanding and flexible management that works with you as you start and throughout. They also regularly provide feedback.
    - They genuinely seem happy to have you as an employee

Cons

- Most employees are contractors and their employment is dependent on the company they are contracted to. There have been times with almost no notice, employees have been let go due to their contracted company cancelling the job. (I have heard that Skillstorm will try and work with the employee to find them another contract.)
    - Okay healthcare plan, but expensive for anything besides employee only health.
    - Hiring process wasn't very clear. There are a lot of moving parts and the time frame is too murky. I was given a start date, so I moved (to a new state) to accommodate that date, and the day before they told me, they weren't ready. I was out of work for a week because of it.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the upbeat company culture and valuing your employees work, because it helps off set the stress of being a contractor. Be more transparent on start dates and hiring time frame. More importantly, don't give a start date until the date is certain.

4. "Continuous Growth"

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, Co-workers, Clients, Career Growth, Commitment to both internal and external employees.

Cons

The road to achievement is not for the faint of heart. Not everyone is going to be a fit long term and unfortunately that means sometimes you may lose "good" people along that journey.

5. "Great place and Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time

Pros

Very professional and good people. Always working hard to give their best to the employees. Fast response on any kind of information

Cons

Great opportunity to work with people at skillstorm

Advice to Management

Good luck and keep going forward

6. "Great team"

Current Employee - Process Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Process Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Skillstorm puts the employee first. It nice to work for a company that also serves as an advocate.

Cons

Any thing that I could add to this wouldn’t be a direct result of Skillstorm, but rather an editorial of IT in a fast pace environment.

Advice to Management

Keep the quality of employees up, and the rewards will continue.

7. "Fun and Flexible Place to Work"

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time

Pros

Although this is not a large consulting firm Skillstorm has the vision and capability to hire and bring in exceptional people with above-average skills and talent. Its recruiters are among the mort experienced in seeing talent, then pursue it.

Cons

One disadvantage with this company, like many others, is in the area of Health Insurance. Affordable health insurance, among other health benefits, have been challenging for companies to offer lower deductible plans that employees can afford and utilize.

8. "SkillStorm Interview Process"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently went through the on-boarding process here at SkillStorm and have nothing but positive things to say about the experience. I felt like I could be fully transparent about what I was looking for (in terms of career growth and company culture). I was engaged by several different levels of leadership and asked to voice any questions or concerns I might have. Since starting, just a few weeks ago, I learned quickly that all the positive things I heard about the company were true. SkillStorm has been nothing short of fantastic. I am confident this will be the company I represent for the foreseeable future.

Cons

Up to this point, I have none to list.

9. "Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Passionate environment that offers opportunity along with the tools to learn, grow, and be successful. Simply put, the company loves "winning". Great culture and team. Strong workplace engagement.

Cons

As with most roles that offer commission, you must be willing to put in the time and effort in order to be successful. It is a fast-paced company that continues to change and improve over time, which is a good thing, but can be challenging for individuals that are not comfortable in that kind of environment.

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency and openness of the leadership team. Management is very approachable and willing to listen to concerns, suggestions, or recommendations that may improve the company.

10. "SkillStorm is AMAZING!!!"

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time

Pros

Amazing culture, outstanding leadership, great opportunity to make a LOT of money at all levels!

Cons

I have no "cons" to report.