SkillStorm Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Vince Virga

Pros
  • They have some good people working for the company (in 3 reviews)

• I had the most professional, knowledgeable and A1 experience with this onboarding process (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Health Insurance was good, better than another agency that I worked for (in 2 reviews)

• No cons or regrets working with this employer (in 2 reviews)

"Great Culture, Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture and people you will work with are amazing. The management team really shows their appreciation for their employees as well. If you work hard, you will see the rewards.

Cons

I have none at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and culture!

2. "Awesome Environment to Work In!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Skillstorm's culture is unlike any other, and there is a great opportunity for growth within the organization. It is awesome to see a company where upper management all started out at the bottom, and worked their way to the top. It is very encouraging!

Cons

I would prefer better benefits

3. "Life Changing Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture truly is the driving factor behind the company's success. It is a competitive but team oriented environment that allows each individual to be a major contributor - no matter if they are brand new to the organization or 4 years in. I wake up every morning looking forward to going to work. We work hard but have fun along the way! With the clients, STORMERS, commission structure, and culture we have in place - this has been a life changing experience for me and many around me! I LOVE my team and I LOVE being a STORMER!

Cons

None that I am aware of at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive growth and innovation. Let's multiply success!!!

5. "Movers and Shakers"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent organization from top down. Very transparent organization to work for where the leaders actually embody the company's values. Opinions are not only heard but valued. This company will be growing very quickly over the next couple years so there is a tremendous amount of career growth opportunity. Employees are always incentivized with contests, trips, recognition and reward.

Cons

No cons, just challenges. With rapid growth SkillStorm leaders will be challenged to maintain the existing culture thhat makes the firm what it is.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

6. "VP"

Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

SkillStorm has a great culture and it's fun to be a STORMER! We're Urgent, Precise and Engaged at all levels of the organization. We're also focused on extremely relevant industry segments that are growing and where people want to be. Our "Talent as a Service" model allows us to deliver technical projects both, onsite and offsite and that makes us very unique.

Cons

Not everyone has had the opportunity to work with us and experience what makes us different.

Advice to Management

Let's continue to celebrate success at all levels!

7. "Great Corporate Culture"

Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company! They truly care about their employees and customers. If you work hard and smart, it's a great place to be!

Cons

There are always things that can be improved, but there isn't anything too glaring here.

8. "Amazing Company, Amazing People"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I couldn't be happier working at SkillStorm. There are growth opportunities within the company, and they do everything they can to ensure your success. Leadership is very supportive. There are not many companies where you can call up the Chairman, CEO, or President (or any member of the Exec team) at any time, and feel totally comfortable doing it. It truly feels like a family here. We are selective with who we bring on board, and the result is a company full of people driven for growth and success.

Cons

It would be great to have a 401k match and would love to have my spouse's insurance covered.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

9. "Contract but not a contract"

Former Employee - Contractor in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Contractor in Tempe, AZ

I worked at SkillStorm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with, and most were very helpful. No extra hours or overtime.

Cons

Poor communication down to the staff unless you forced the issue from actual SkillStorm office managment.

Advice to Management

Better communication!

"IT Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great tools and resources to work with. Great company culture. Very collaborative environment. Opportunity for career advancement is there. Great company structure. Very thorough interview process. Love the company so far!

Cons

Your performance is tracked (typical in this industry). If you are not performance driven and competitive, I would recommend not working for a staffing company in general.

"Onboarding Process - Excellent"

Current Employee - Project Administrator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Administrator in Dallas, TX

Pros

I walked in the door and was greeted very professionally. I was handed my badges to gain access and escorted to my desk. My desk was decorated with a Welcome sign! It made me feel that I was already a part of the company.

I was then handed my laptop, laptop bag, etc. My access to log into system and workstation was already set up! My phone number was already available, my personal email address and keys to my desk!!

Later in the afternoon, I had a Webex with HR/Office Assistant and was given the company policy book and too my surprise a box of the most delicious chocolates ever with SkillStorm embossed on it!

I had the most professional, knowledgeable and A1 experience with this onboarding process. The personal touches were unbelievable!!

Thanks for a great experience and I know SkillStorm can teach a lot of companies how to onboard successfully!

Cons

None at this time just started.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job!