SkillStorm Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
SkillStorm CEO Vince Virga
Vince Virga
Cons
  1. "Culture, Values, and Co-workers"

Current Employee - Administrative/Clerical in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently started at Skillstorm in Charlotte, NC and love it. The people have been so welcoming and patient throughout my training- anyone will answer any question at any given time. They are extremely flexible and willing to work with you. I have only great things to say about this company!

Cons

I do not have any complaints except I wish our different offices were closer than a few states away to get to meet everyone on the team.

Advice to Management

I'd love to get to know everybody & meet others from Skillstorm but I'm sure that will come in time. Keep being great!

SkillStorm2019-06-06
  2. "Incredible Company. Incredible Culture"

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time for more than a year

Pros

Skillstorm provides a wonderful environment to grow. Management is constantly inspiring and helping employees improve. Definitely a family environment.

Cons

I have no cons. The company is amazing

Advice to Management

Keep STORMING ON!

SkillStorm2018-08-27

"Growing Company with Lots of Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time for more than a year

Pros

SkillStorm provides a supportive work environment and allows their employees to grow with the company. As the company grows, there are opportunities for employees to experience different aspects of the company, change teams if they desire, and to be promoted. Overall, SkillStorm invests in their employees and wants the best for them.

Cons

The nature of the work can be high stress, but having co-workers you enjoy working with makes it manageable.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide opportunities for new employees to grow with the company!

SkillStorm2018-08-21

"Great & Upbeat Company"

Current Employee - Design Team Lead/Applications Architect in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Happy and upbeat company culture that loves celebrating everything from birthdays, to performance, and holidays (and not just main stream). - Very understanding and flexible management that works with you as you start and throughout. They also regularly provide feedback. - They genuinely seem happy to have you as an employee

Cons

- Most employees are contractors and their employment is dependent on the company they are contracted to. There have been times with almost no notice, employees have been let go due to their contracted company cancelling the job. (I have heard that Skillstorm will try and work with the employee to find them another contract.) - Okay healthcare plan, but expensive for anything besides employee only health. - Hiring...

Advice to Management

Keep up with the upbeat company culture and valuing your employees work, because it helps off set the stress of being a contractor. Be more transparent on start dates and hiring time frame. More importantly, don't give a start date until the date is certain.

SkillStorm2018-04-23
  5. "Continuous Growth"

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, Co-workers, Clients, Career Growth, Commitment to both internal and external employees.

Cons

The road to achievement is not for the faint of heart. Not everyone is going to be a fit long term and unfortunately that means sometimes you may lose "good" people along that journey.

SkillStorm2018-01-29
  6. "Great place and Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time

Pros

Very professional and good people. Always working hard to give their best to the employees. Fast response on any kind of information

Cons

Great opportunity to work with people at skillstorm

Advice to Management

Good luck and keep going forward

SkillStorm2017-11-16
  7. "Fun and Flexible Place to Work"

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time

Pros

Although this is not a large consulting firm Skillstorm has the vision and capability to hire and bring in exceptional people with above-average skills and talent. Its recruiters are among the mort experienced in seeing talent, then pursue it.

Cons

One disadvantage with this company, like many others, is in the area of Health Insurance. Affordable health insurance, among other health benefits, have been challenging for companies to offer lower deductible plans that employees can afford and utilize.

SkillStorm2017-11-02
  8. "Great team"

Current Employee - Process Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time for less than a year

Pros

Skillstorm puts the employee first. It nice to work for a company that also serves as an advocate.

Cons

Any thing that I could add to this wouldn’t be a direct result of Skillstorm, but rather an editorial of IT in a fast pace environment.

Advice to Management

Keep the quality of employees up, and the rewards will continue.

SkillStorm2017-11-02
  9. "Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time for less than a year

Pros

Passionate environment that offers opportunity along with the tools to learn, grow, and be successful. Simply put, the company loves "winning". Great culture and team. Strong workplace engagement.

Cons

As with most roles that offer commission, you must be willing to put in the time and effort in order to be successful. It is a fast-paced company that continues to change and improve over time, which is a good thing, but can be challenging for individuals that are not comfortable in that kind of environment.

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency and openness of the leadership team. Management is very approachable and willing to listen to concerns, suggestions, or recommendations that may improve the company.

SkillStorm2017-11-01
  10. "SkillStorm is AMAZING!!!"

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time

Pros

Amazing culture, outstanding leadership, great opportunity to make a LOT of money at all levels!

Cons

I have no "cons" to report.

SkillStorm2017-11-01