Smartling Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

207K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Smartling~816924
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "smart people and constantly innovating (engineering releases weekly)(in 18 reviews)
  • "Truly making an effort to ensure the culture is strong and people are enjoying working for Smartling & staying productive/motivated(in 12 reviews)
  • "Great Team.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Flexible PTO(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great benefits; gym, healthcare, meditation apps, etc(in 6 reviews)
Cons
  • "The company is going through some major changes at the moment with management and company direction.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Work-Life Balance

Jan 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great company mission & product - leading the translation industry - Fully remote company now, opportunity to work with people all over the world - Leadership is open to new ideas - Good compensation - Great work/life balance

Cons

- no 401k match - hard to get to know people outside your own team

Thank you for the feedback. Upd: we do have a match in place! -HR Team

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture, Amazing Tech Product, Flexible & Accommodating Employer

Jun 22, 2021 - Senior Marketing in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Smart, innovative co-workers: you really can feel like you are a part of a company that is re-shaping the industry and given so much opportunity to learn - Flexible/Remote environment: Smartling is hiring globally. Great opportunity to bring in talent from wherever. Not back in the office currently but looking forward to a hybrid approach in the coming year. - Pay & benefits are great: If you are interviewing be upfront about what you're looking for and explain how you can bring value to the company! - Leadership makes an effort to get to know those on other teams, and is very approachable. Truly making an effort to ensure the culture is strong and people are enjoying working for Smartling & staying productive/motivated - Exceptional product: Smartling is truly the leader in this space and is growing rapidly. It has been exciting to follow along as the company evolves in the Saas space. - Company will invest in you if you invest in the company (retention, quality work, innovation)

Cons

- no 401k match - some turnover - Smartling as a tool is a very complex product, which can sometimes make some roles challenging

Smartling Response

Thanks for such thorough feedback. Smartling is lucky to have you on board! -HR team

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Strong company in small niche

Apr 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strongest software in the translation space.

Cons

The total tam is fairly small

4. 5.0

I

Dec 17, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is really great and knowledgable

Cons

Nothing. This company has been great.

Thanks for your review! -HR Team

5. 4.0

Great place to work

Aug 3, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The cafe! Definitely the people as well, everyone is very supportive

Cons

Technical sales can be tough so you should learn as much as you can quickly

Smartling Response

Thank you for your feedback. Our people are the most collaborative, supportive, and smartest out there! P.S. definitely miss the cafe -HR team

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Taking care of people

Sep 23, 2020 - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at the company for two and a half years. One thing sticks out, Smartling has developed a culture where taking care of its people (employees, customers, and partners alike) is paramount. I'm lucky to have a manager who is helpful, approachable, and very driven to ensure our team has whatever it needs to be successful. There is a very "human" element to working here. Smartling expects high performance but understands that attaining is only possible when people understand they can be trusted to help each other when the need arises.

Cons

The industry is close-knit, which can be a pro, however, a lot of times it makes it difficult for clients to think outside the box.

We are delighted to hear you are having a blast at Smartling! - HR team

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to kickstart your career

Oct 15, 2020 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hopefully this isn't too premature since I'm only a couple weeks into the role, but it's clear to me how much our management team cares about turning us newcomers into sales studs. The culture is dynamic, supportive, and refreshingly authentic. Beyond the formal training (sales process, tech stack, etc.), we get pretty thorough insight into the Sandler Selling model (something I've never learned until now). Above all, I know I made the right decision to kickstart my sales career with Smartling.

Cons

Working from home, eager to see everyone at the NY office

Smartling Response

Thanks for this review. Our Sales team is lucky to have you! More Sandler training to come soon :) - HR Team

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

May 17, 2021 - Talent Acquisition in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Close knit company, ability to learn from others

Cons

If you're not in translation management prior to joining, the product can be challenging to sell

9. 3.0

Changing Company

Apr 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are the best part of working here. We have the best talent!!

Cons

The company is going through some major changes at the moment with management and company direction. Optimistic about the future, but there are some serious growing pains.

Smartling Response

Thanks for your review. Hope you stayed, as we just got the best news ever, and there is definitely an optimistic future for us! And we do have the best talent 🙌 -HR Team

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

All Around Great Experience

Mar 24, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smartling was a fantastic experience. Everyone there is friendly and will always treat you with respect. Management is transparent for the most part and will do their best to continue your learning and skill development throughout your time there. Salary is competitive as well as the benefits. Overall, it is a great place to work with plenty of opportunities for advancement despite being a smaller company.

Cons

It's difficult to think of any cons. Just be prepared to work hard as an SDR! They do thier best to make the atmosphere enjoyable and energetic though.

Smartling Response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Our Sales Dev team is awesome indeed.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 Reviews

Smartling Reviews FAQs

Smartling has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 121 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Smartling to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Smartling employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Smartling. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

94% of Smartling employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Smartling 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Smartling to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Smartling Job Seekers