Smartling Reviews

Updated Apr 26, 2021

4.4
Smartling Founder & CEO Jack Welde (no image)
Jack Welde
Pros
  • "Smartling cultivates a great culture that encourages work-life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "smart people and constantly innovating (engineering releases weekly)(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Anyone looking for a sales and marketing position(in 3 reviews)

• "nothing to report(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great place to kickstart your career

Oct 15, 2020 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hopefully this isn't too premature since I'm only a couple weeks into the role, but it's clear to me how much our management team cares about turning us newcomers into sales studs. The culture is dynamic, supportive, and refreshingly authentic. Beyond the formal training (sales process, tech stack, etc.), we get pretty thorough insight into the Sandler Selling model (something I've never learned until now). Above all, I know I made the right decision to kickstart my sales career with Smartling.

Cons

Working from home, eager to see everyone at the NY office

Smartling Response

Thanks for this review. Our Sales team is lucky to have you! More Sandler training to come soon :) - HR Team

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Taking care of people

Sep 23, 2020 - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at the company for two and a half years. One thing sticks out, Smartling has developed a culture where taking care of its people (employees, customers, and partners alike) is paramount. I'm lucky to have a manager who is helpful, approachable, and very driven to ensure our team has whatever it needs to be successful. There is a very "human" element to working here. Smartling expects high performance but understands that attaining is only possible when people understand they can be trusted to help each other when the need arises.

Cons

The industry is close-knit, which can be a pro, however, a lot of times it makes it difficult for clients to think outside the box.

We are delighted to hear you are having a blast at Smartling! - HR team

3. 3.0

Changing Company

Apr 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are the best part of working here. We have the best talent!!

Cons

The company is going through some major changes at the moment with management and company direction. Optimistic about the future, but there are some serious growing pains.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company! I love working here!

Sep 23, 2020 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Incredible leadership that prioritizes employee well-being -Work hard, play hard

Cons

-No longer being in the office!

Smartling Response

We really appreciate the love you share for Smartling. We miss the office too! -HR team

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

All Around Great Experience

Mar 24, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smartling was a fantastic experience. Everyone there is friendly and will always treat you with respect. Management is transparent for the most part and will do their best to continue your learning and skill development throughout your time there. Salary is competitive as well as the benefits. Overall, it is a great place to work with plenty of opportunities for advancement despite being a smaller company.

Cons

It's difficult to think of any cons. Just be prepared to work hard as an SDR! They do thier best to make the atmosphere enjoyable and energetic though.

Smartling Response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Our Sales Dev team is awesome indeed.

6. 3.0

Not optimistic about future

Sep 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great startup culture, intelligent and friendly coworkers, flexible opportunities for growth.

Cons

Poor management, stressful workloads, burnout.

Smartling Response

Thank you for the feedback. If you're open to it, I respectfully ask that you reach out to a member of our HR team, who will keep your name in confidence. Our objective is to make every employee's experience a fantastic one that enables their growth and that of the company. - HR Team

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture and Growth Opputinities

Oct 1, 2019 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smartling cultivates a great culture that encourages work-life balance. Benefits like unlimited PTO, bagel Monday's, company picnics, and quarterly trainings foster a positive environment. The company has motivating leaders that use their in-depth SaaS and business knowledge to support their teams. Throughout my career at Smartling, I have had three managers. Each has created a motivating and positive work environment and I have respected them immensely. Senior management is invested in the growth of Smartling employees. I started in an entry-level position at the company and with hard work, I was given the opportunity to grow and join a team that I can see myself working with for years to come. I feel very fortunate to have joined Smartling so early on in my career.

Cons

I have nothing to add here.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great software engineering start-up

Oct 14, 2019 - Vice President, Software Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smartling is a very much software engineering oriented start-up. The engineering culture is outstanding, supported by the team of the smartest software engineering professionals I've ever met. The service-oriented architecture approach ensures there is a minimal amount of legacy maintenance and dated technologies we have to deal with. All new services are implemented using the most recent technology and frameworks. There are no limitations to any particular stack. Although most of the services are Java, we also have Ruby, GoLang, Node.JS, and Scala-based services. A lot of various databases from MySQL to ElasticSearch and Cassandra, all utilized at a massive scale and load - in my opinion, it's like a toy store for the curious engineer. DevOps culture, continuous deployment, and test-driven development - this is all just a baseline, everything else is built on top.

Cons

There are none I can think of.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Oct 21, 2019 - Senior Marketing Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great commitment from company and team leadership on workplace culture and employee values - Valuable product that fills an existing need in the marketplace - Smart approach to product roadmap and development - Respectful and healthy work environment - Willingness to invest in employees who are invested in the company - Smart leadership, smart team members - One of the best CEO's I've had the experience of working with when it comes to general CEO <> team relationships

Cons

- alignment between teams is still a work in progress (but it is a work in progress)

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive and uplifting company to work for

Oct 12, 2019 - Sales in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Smartling has helped me grow and expand my knowledge and sales acumen. Besides all of the perks, I love coming to work every day and collaborating with truly some of the smartest people I’ve ever met. With that comes genuine mutual respect where everyone’s opinions and ideas are given equal weight. The work-life balance is unmatched, the flexibility to recharge when you need it (unlimited PTO) is especially needed in a sales career when things don’t always go to plan.

Cons

Sometimes feel like there are too many “cooks in the kitchen” which can slow down certain internal processes.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 Reviews