Smartlink, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Smartlink, LLC Chief Executive Officer Brendan Kelly
Brendan Kelly

Pros
  • Management recognizes and rewards hard work providing ample opportunities to grow professionally (in 5 reviews)

• The front office is working on being more in touch with the satellite locations (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very disorganized, low salary, lack of communication, limited internal opportunities (in 3 reviews)

• After breaking the chains on the non-compete, I made a SIGNIFICANT salary jump to do a similar position at another company (in 4 reviews)

"Cohesive Business Units Drive Success"

Current Employee - Director, Training & Development in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Director, Training & Development in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Smartlink, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with Smartlink for almost 8 years and in the wireless industry for over 10 years. The industry is subject to rapid change, so it's critical to not just adapt to the changes, but to be one step ahead. Smartlink's success is due to a solid management team that faces the challenge of change with urgency and by deploying strategic processes, systems and programs that support the growth of the business and the growth of its employees. Business units work cohesively to support one another and the Front Office is highly engaged and positioned to monitor, analyze, and calibrate as needed to stay ahead. Employee performance and growth are important factors that drive success and employees are encouraged to set goals, attend training sessions, and to mentor others in support of individual growth. This structure is what keeps Smartlink strong.

Cons

Change often challenges and worries people. That's natural, and in this industry it's a given. One must trust leadership through changing and challenging times. I have seen the waves of change within the industry and within Smartlink, and it's often the people who aren't adaptable to change that stir the pot. It's important for everyone to stay engaged, learn new skills, and find opportunities to support others outside of your own SOW. Don't stir the pot... be adaptable and up your skills.

Advice to Management

Continue being strategic and proactive. Continue adding value to employee performance and engagement through the great programs that are available. Continue seeking opportunities to grow the business and the talent. And my compliments and thanks to Erin McNeally for her leadership, strength, and business acumen. Erin digs right in with everyone to strategize, provide solutions, get the work done, and to ensure success.

Dec 15, 2016 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your eight years of dedication to Smartlink. You’re spot on that in our industry change is a given! We continually work hard to make sure that we position ourselves ahead of the change ... More

"Tough for contractors"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Southeast Owasco, NY
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Southeast Owasco, NY

I worked at Smartlink, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enough clients where they can almost always transition you too if your current positions contract ends (however you may need to relocate). Local rep in my market that comes around to the office for check ins with our smartlink team; FaceTime with the company you actually work for.

Cons

Constantly getting assigned different points of contact making it confusing to know who I need to call. Inappropriate sales rep who puts their associates in uncomfortable positions . No benefit matching. Any mention of leaving for a different position in the industry and youre slapped with a non compete.

Advice to Management

Get a grasp on internal turnover, having more than 3 POCs as a contractor in a short period of time is redundant. Senior managers should have relationships with clients rather than the young sales reps provided who create controversy through the office. It's difficult to work for a company where the end client doesn't prefer dealing with the company rep they are assigned too, has lead to gossip amongst our peers. Keep the business "professional".

Mar 8, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

We are proud to have a history of transferring employees across multiple projects and divisions and appreciate you acknowledging that. We are relationship driven, and therefore always make our best ... More

3. "My honest opinions"

Current Employee - Financial Operations & Analysis Manager in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Financial Operations & Analysis Manager in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Smartlink, LLC full-time

Pros

I have been with Smartlink for over three years now. I started in an entry level position out of college and became a manager within a year and a half. My experience has been very rewarding here and I don't believe I would have been given the same opportunities for growth if I had worked elsewhere. Smartlink is a company that rewards hard work and dedication. I have learned a ton about the telecom industry through Smartlink University which has empowered me to be better at my job. My role, like most roles in the company, is very diverse in that I am involved in something different everyday, which means I am never bored. In the end of the day, it comes down to the people I work with. From the top down, everyone in this company is competitive and wants to win, which has always been my attitude and it's why I'm happy to work for a company that expects and breeds that attitude.

Cons

Smartlink is not a place the rewards mediocrity. If you want to advance and move up in this company, you have to earn it, it will not be handed to you. I have seen negative reviews about Smartlink on this website in the past and I can only imagine they are from people who were mediocre and did not make it here. This is not a "con" in my opinion but others may interpret it that way.

Advice to Management

Continue to adapt to the changing workforce. I don't want to see Smartlink lose out on talent because we do not offer the same benefits that other companies, or competitors, offer. I recognize and appreciate the efforts that have been made to improve employee benefits over the last year, and that needs to continue if we want to bring in good people as we continue to grow.

Nov 29, 2016 – Sr. Manager of HR and Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on celebrating over three years of growth and achievement at Smartlink! You are spot on; we certainly reward all-in, hard workers and our competitive culture isn’t a fit for everyone ... More

"Fast-Paced Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Smartlink, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is constantly pivoting and changing to make company more successful. Not every change is perfect, but when things don't work, they're great about changing things up again to make sure we're moving in the right direction and communicating with the team.

Cons

Not a lot of outside career development support.

Nov 11, 2016 – Sr. Manager of HR and Talent Acquisition

Fast-paced is right! Smartlink is a group of nimble-thinkers who are quick on their feet allowing us to manage change gracefully. We appreciate that you appreciate that change is inevitable in order ... More

"Champion Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Smartlink, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working for Smartlink for almost five years now and it has been an awesome experience. From day one I was drawn to the energy in the office and the people who work here. Everyone is working hard to make the company successful and no one is afraid to roll their sleeves up and jump into the trenches to get it done. We have a reputation for changing frequently and that is honestly one of the things I appreciate most about our company and our CEO's vision. I enjoy the fast-paced environment and the fact that everyone has a voice. If you see something is not working you are welcomed to make a suggestion on how to improve it, even if you have only been here a week! By staying nimble and making modifications to our processes we stay competitive and continue to move the needle. I look forward to continuing to grow with Smartlink and can't wait to see what the next five years has in store.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons to working at Smartlink. I enjoy each and every day!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Nov 4, 2016 – Marketing and Communications Manager

Thank you for providing this awesome feedback about our culture. We love our culture too! We place an emphasis on relationships and it is an ongoing priority for us to ensure our employees stay ... More

"Great place to start your career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Pros

Smartlink rewards their employees for putting in hard work and company loyalty. I have worked for several other companies, but none have focused on my career development more than Smartlink. I work with various members of leadership every day who are open to feedback and keep an open door policy. Smartlink's team oriented enviorment drives employees to do their best every day.

Cons

Smartlink does not have an option for telework.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Nov 4, 2016 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

We are very happy to hear you acknowledge our opportunities for career development. We introduced a number of new programs this year that focus on educating all our employees on the communications ... More

"Great place to build your long term career!"

Current Employee - Accountant in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Accountant in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Smartlink, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Yes, I stated "career", not "job" in the title. You can come in, work hard and hit the ground running to build a long life career. Everyone is respected and treated professionally. You are part of a growing team and your voice is heard by Leadership. They recognize the hard workers and reward them over and over again. Best place that I have work at so far, hands down! That is why I am building a career and not looking at this as just another job.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons for this company. It is a pleasure to wake up and enjoy coming to work each day and be part of this entrepreneurial family.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing hard. It makes every team member beneath you want to push hard too. Keep up the good work by always leading by example.

Dec 15, 2016 – Sr. Manager of HR and Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your glowing review! We definitely take pride in giving employees new to the workforce an opportunity to get their foot in the door and grow their career. We appreciate you taking the ... More

"Challenge your career to get to the next level"

Current Employee - Finance and Accounting in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Finance and Accounting in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Smartlink, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Smartlink, we constantly challenge the status quo to find better ways to serve our customers. We are a team of motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds who push each other to do our best work. Gaining experience in this environment will help you advance your career as a leader, teammate, and innovator.

Cons

None. Great place to work!

Dec 15, 2016 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide this positive feedback! We agree that we are a hardworking and motivated team and we are glad to have you on board! – Tiffany Nickels, Sr. Director of Human ... More

"Great team environment"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Smartlink, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Smartlink for 3 years and can honestly say that I enjoy coming to work every day. Being surrounded by like minded individuals and team players make the work days gratifying and fun. I have worked for a few different companies and what sets Smartlink apart from them are the relationships that I have been able to build with my managers. The upper management stand true to their open door policy and welcome feedback and ideas for helping the company grow and moving in the right direction to be a successful business.

Cons

With the constant changing of roles and people getting promoted, there needs to be a better way to communicate these changes happening.

Jan 3, 2017 – Marketing and Communications Manager

Thank you for providing us this honest feedback, we are excited to see you’ve been with us for more than three years! We agree that it’s our relationships that set us apart. Please continue to keep ... More

"Teamwork based culture with opportunities to learn"

Current Employee - Finance in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Finance in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Smartlink, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smartlink is a great company for personal skill development. In my department there are always opportunities to work on special projects and cross-train among different job roles. Senior management openly and frequently asks for ideas and input from lower level employees for improving efficiency. After working for a few large, established companies in this area, Smartlink by far has the most energetic and rewarding culture of any company I've worked for.

Cons

None. It is a fast paced environment; if you're uncomfortable with change then you may get left behind. Be prepared to jump in and work as a team and not just as an individual.

Dec 15, 2016 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

We are extremely proud of our culture based on teamwork, flexibility, and a competitive spirit. We are able to accomplish as much as we do as a company because of the team that we’ve built and are ... More