Spring Venture Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Spring Venture Group CEO Chris Giuliani
Chris Giuliani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Progressive work environment that values individuality and growth" (in 16 reviews)

• "Ping Pong is a big deal for the company" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Depending on the department you are in, work/life balance could be a concern" (in 4 reviews)

• "Simply put, this company is growing too fast, and too quickly to maintain the quality they once had" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great people + great culture = great company"

Former Employee - Transfer Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Transfer Agent in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Spring Venture Group are the biggest asset and management knows it. They treat everyone as an individual and they are always finding ways to help you be the best version of yourself. The department I was in knew how to make working fun. It's the only job I've ever had that I looked forward to coming to work. We get to help people all day and we get to do it with our friends. What could possibly compare to that?

Cons

Sometimes the job got tedious but tye leadership in the department knew how to keep us motivated and helped us remember that the next call could be the opportunity to change someone's life.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great company that is growing in every aspect."

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, management that care and are constantly trained.

Cons

Depending on the department you are in, work/life balance could be a concern.

Advice to Management

In the hiring process, be more upfront with the attendance requirements throughout the year.

"Culture is a sham... we’re all replaceable"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It can be a decent paying job if you’re in the higher tiered leads. If you stray and get stuck on penny leads you can find yourself struggling to survive all to quickly. The only advice you’re given is control what you can control... but it’s rather hard to convince someone to talk about Medicare when they’ve literally requested a gift card, coupons, or something completely different.

Cons

Incredibly long hours, horrible management, employees are all completely replaceable, you may be loyal to the company... but the company isn’t loyal to you. It shows when directors protect their managers more than the employees themselves.

Advice to Management

Managements culture needs to be completely reborn. I see managers hanging out in each other’s offices, talking to their boyfriends, playing around on their cellphones, sitting in their offices non-stop... more so than you ever see most managers actually engaging in bettering their employees, completing live coaching, training, or working on developing strategies to better individuals day in and out.
    A great manager of mine in the past would come into work every single day with the mindset of what can I do to better my team as whole today, what can I do to help someone get past an obstacle, what can I do to better myself for the team... I’ve never seen that with my manager. Seems like the only concern is when something isn’t right where they want it to be.. and to correct it they will push the top talent harder, while leaving the weak to fall onto the dreaded gap plan.

The fact that managers across the company are having one on one interview with employees trying to convince them to quit, asking if they think the jobs a good fit for them, if it’s worth it for them...one could say it’s a way of helping them... I would say it’s a cop out.. if they were actually concerned with the employee.. they would truly try to coach them, they would work for them everyday... not just ride the cost tails of their top performers to give them a paycheck.

The management culture is a joke. Not every manager in the company is like this, but majority of them do little to nothing but pass on information, sit back, and collect a paycheck. It’s not a culture employees endear.. nor many will continue to work for.

4. "Medicare Advisor"

I worked at Spring Venture Group full-time

Pros

-great benefits
    -awesome training
    -cool office
    -good perks for employees
    -awesome prizes if you sell well
    -great bonus structure

Cons

-selling to a market that is reluctant to give personal info over the phone because they are biggest target for phone scams
    -sometimes phone number is Walmart or Macy’s on the Caller ID which was never fun to explain to the potential sale
    -tricks people into giving contact info online in order to get plan rates instantly. Well, you can’t get rates unless you’re a licensed insurance agent but people who don’t work in insurance wouldn’t necessarily know that.
    -$8/hr base salary which is disappointing when you can’t always control a consumer’s mindset day to day
    -not always qualified leads

Advice to Management

Create face-to-face sales teams! I know there has been success doing this over the phone and the belief is that it creates efficiency for the individual you are selling to. However, many retirees still value a face to face conversation to establish trust when going over how Medicare works and what options are available to them. I believe in doing this, you would see even more growth in sales.

"Great company"

Pros

Positive, fun, friendly place to work. Good pay

Cons

None that i can Think of.

"Inside Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay- if you can make the cut. Only around %10 make the amount of money they advertise and say that first year hires will make, even after having 3 years of experience. Cool office space, young atmosphere. Somewhat flexible hours depending on your manager.

Cons

I’ve been working at this company for a while now, here are some cons I’ve picked up on in my time here. Keep in mind these are all things that will never be addressed in the interview, so if you’re looking at this company here are the real details. As reference, I am actually successful at this job so take it from me, this is not hate because I am not making money. Just my thoughts.(And as others have mentioned, most of the recent, lazy, 5 star reviews are more than likely fake. SVG regularly tells employees to vote on contests and polls to make them look better and to win workplace awards. Be warned.)

-terrible benefits ( they have seemed to replace good benefits with a free lunch from grandmas catering once a month, yay)
    - abysmal base pay at $8 an hour
    - you have to work a minimum of 1 Saturday a month called “team Saturday” for a minimum of 3 hours. Totally kills your whole day. This is required, then you will have to work the last Saturday of the month if you haven’t met quota yet, keep in mind only around 20-30% of people meet quota in the company now, you do the math. Most people have to work at least 2 Saturday’s a month.
    -you have to work 45 minimum hours a week. This was not mentioned in the interview, and neither was the Saturday’s.
    -when you are at work, you will be tracked during every second of every day. They will monitor how much time you spend on the phone vs doing paperwork, going to the bathroom, grabbing lunch, and they will calculate your occupancy. If you’re below a certain level, you get pulled into an office. Your lunch break is 20 minutes long. Eat fast, or eat while you work like most people are forced to do.
    - like stated, there’s a lot of misinformation being spread by management, interviewers, and trainers. Lotta koolaid being passed around. Hours, difficulty of work, type of leads being called, source of leads being called, average pay are just a few to be named. Bottom line, you will work more, have a worse work experience, and make far less than they advertise.
    -you get taxed at an insane level. For example, I earned $18k in a month and got $7k of it taken for taxes. So when they tell you that you will make 100k in a year, you need to adjust that for the high level of taxation you will receive because your commission is taxed at a much higher level than normal wages, somewhere around 35%-%40 in my experience.
    - quality of leads. I could spend an hour on this but just read other people’s reviews.
    - more, but this is already too long. Bottom line, this company chews up and spits out young college students, turnover is the name of the game. You will mean nothing to them and there is a warm body waiting right behind you to take your place as soon as you’re cashed. They don’t care that they lie to you or that the job is not nearly as good as advertised, because if you don’t like it then you will leave and they will have made money off of you anyway. If you suck, they’re paying you less than mcDonalds would anyway.

Don’t work here. Take my advice. Everyone that is here is a sales expert; don’t think they won’t know how to sell you.

Advice to Management

Don’t lie to oncoming hires, and don’t hire people who are obviously not cut out for this environment. It is cut throat, and by hiring someone who is not made for that you are doing them a disservice by making them add you to their resume as a failure. Stop trying to grow so fast and focus on doing it in such a way that is sustainable and allows you to keep the values you originally tried to capture. Lastly and most importantly, care a little bit about the people that are slaving away for you.

7. "Senior Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment for young college graduates

Cons

Management seems to work less and less

8. "Great place to make some cash"

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time

Pros

Leads given to you. Dialer is tier based which is tough but if you are honest with the customers you can be upgraded. Pay and bonuses are easy to meet if you can stay motivated on the phone.

Cons

Outbound call center so lots of dial tones and voicemails.

Advice to Management

Marketing generates leads where customers think they are being misled

"It's Sales"

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time

Pros

You have the opportunity to make a LOT of money.

Best inside sales experience you can have, it is not easy but if you are successful doing this you will crush any sales job you ever have in the future.

Rewarded directly for your ability to strive for excellence - you sell you are praised, you don't you are provided with info on how to improve and support to ensure it happens. But it is 100% up to the agent to improve, if the effort isn't there then you won't get help.

Coming out of college or just changing career paths you have the ability to make well over $75K (should make your first year easily) & $100K + (after your first year) by talking to people on the phone!!!! But it is NOT just going to be given to you, you have to work at it every single day and if you do that, after 6-8 months you will be making more money then every single one of your friends and most of you family members.

Chris Giuliani - His man is the best CEO you will ever meet, he will do anything and everything in his power to improve business model, the culture and most importantly the individual employee's.

Cons

The message in training is that you are going to come out day one selling 2-5 deals per day and make $100-$150K your first year. Although it is possible, most agents can't do that. Expect to truly make $60-$75K your first year.

Biggest con for most agents - Hours, you will work a LOT. But remember, you are being given the opportunity to make so much more many then any 9 to 5 job will ever give you.

Lots of new and young managers that are still learning. With that being said, it is still a young company, there are going to be growing pains.

There are other review that talk about favoritism, that does happen but get over it! This happens in all companies regardless, easiest way to get around it at SVG....be yourself, nothing more and nothing less.

They promoted a LOT of agents/sales coaches to managers (due to massive growth) and for the most part they are good, but there are some communication problems between lower management and upper management. This is something that will change with time, but understand you will most likely have a manager that has never managed people before.

Advice to Management

Set realistic expectations for new hires

10. "Inside Sales"

I worked at Spring Venture Group full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work, great managers.

Cons

Having to track own commission.