Spring Venture Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Spring Venture Group CEO Chris Giuliani
Chris Giuliani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Progressive work environment that values individuality and growth" (in 16 reviews)

• "Ping Pong is a big deal for the company" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Depending on the department you are in, work/life balance could be a concern" (in 4 reviews)

• "Outbound call center so lots of dial tones and voicemails" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great people + great culture = great company"

Former Employee - Transfer Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Transfer Agent in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Spring Venture Group are the biggest asset and management knows it. They treat everyone as an individual and they are always finding ways to help you be the best version of yourself. The department I was in knew how to make working fun. It's the only job I've ever had that I looked forward to coming to work. We get to help people all day and we get to do it with our friends. What could possibly compare to that?

Cons

Sometimes the job got tedious but tye leadership in the department knew how to keep us motivated and helped us remember that the next call could be the opportunity to change someone's life.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great company that is growing in every aspect."

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, management that care and are constantly trained.

Cons

Depending on the department you are in, work/life balance could be a concern.

Advice to Management

In the hiring process, be more upfront with the attendance requirements throughout the year.

"Great company"

Pros

Positive, fun, friendly place to work. Good pay

Cons

None that i can Think of.

4. "Inside Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay- if you can make the cut. Only around %10 make the amount of money they advertise and say that first year hires will make, even after having 3 years of experience. Cool office space, young atmosphere. Somewhat flexible hours depending on your manager.

Cons

I’ve been working at this company for a while now, here are some cons I’ve picked up on in my time here. Keep in mind these are all things that will never be addressed in the interview, so if you’re looking at this company here are the real details. As reference, I am actually successful at this job so take it from me, this is not hate because I am not making money. Just my thoughts.(And as others have mentioned, most of the recent, lazy, 5 star reviews are more than likely fake. SVG regularly tells employees to vote on contests and polls to make them look better and to win workplace awards. Be warned.)

-terrible benefits ( they have seemed to replace good benefits with a free lunch from grandmas catering once a month, yay)
    - abysmal base pay at $8 an hour
    - you have to work a minimum of 1 Saturday a month called “team Saturday” for a minimum of 3 hours. Totally kills your whole day. This is required, then you will have to work the last Saturday of the month if you haven’t met quota yet, keep in mind only around 20-30% of people meet quota in the company now, you do the math. Most people have to work at least 2 Saturday’s a month.
    -you have to work 45 minimum hours a week. This was not mentioned in the interview, and neither was the Saturday’s.
    -when you are at work, you will be tracked during every second of every day. They will monitor how much time you spend on the phone vs doing paperwork, going to the bathroom, grabbing lunch, and they will calculate your occupancy. If you’re below a certain level, you get pulled into an office. Your lunch break is 20 minutes long. Eat fast, or eat while you work like most people are forced to do.
    - like stated, there’s a lot of misinformation being spread by management, interviewers, and trainers. Lotta koolaid being passed around. Hours, difficulty of work, type of leads being called, source of leads being called, average pay are just a few to be named. Bottom line, you will work more, have a worse work experience, and make far less than they advertise.
    -you get taxed at an insane level. For example, I earned $18k in a month and got $7k of it taken for taxes. So when they tell you that you will make 100k in a year, you need to adjust that for the high level of taxation you will receive because your commission is taxed at a much higher level than normal wages, somewhere around 35%-%40 in my experience.
    - quality of leads. I could spend an hour on this but just read other people’s reviews.
    - more, but this is already too long. Bottom line, this company chews up and spits out young college students, turnover is the name of the game. You will mean nothing to them and there is a warm body waiting right behind you to take your place as soon as you’re cashed. They don’t care that they lie to you or that the job is not nearly as good as advertised, because if you don’t like it then you will leave and they will have made money off of you anyway. If you suck, they’re paying you less than mcDonalds would anyway.

Don’t work here. Take my advice. Everyone that is here is a sales expert; don’t think they won’t know how to sell you.

Advice to Management

Don’t lie to oncoming hires, and don’t hire people who are obviously not cut out for this environment. It is cut throat, and by hiring someone who is not made for that you are doing them a disservice by making them add you to their resume as a failure. Stop trying to grow so fast and focus on doing it in such a way that is sustainable and allows you to keep the values you originally tried to capture. Lastly and most importantly, care a little bit about the people that are slaving away for you.

5. "Senior Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment for young college graduates

Cons

Management seems to work less and less

6. "Great place to make some cash"

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time

Pros

Leads given to you. Dialer is tier based which is tough but if you are honest with the customers you can be upgraded. Pay and bonuses are easy to meet if you can stay motivated on the phone.

Cons

Outbound call center so lots of dial tones and voicemails.

Advice to Management

Marketing generates leads where customers think they are being misled

"It's Sales"

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time

Pros

You have the opportunity to make a LOT of money.

Best inside sales experience you can have, it is not easy but if you are successful doing this you will crush any sales job you ever have in the future.

Rewarded directly for your ability to strive for excellence - you sell you are praised, you don't you are provided with info on how to improve and support to ensure it happens. But it is 100% up to the agent to improve, if the effort isn't there then you won't get help.

Coming out of college or just changing career paths you have the ability to make well over $75K (should make your first year easily) & $100K + (after your first year) by talking to people on the phone!!!! But it is NOT just going to be given to you, you have to work at it every single day and if you do that, after 6-8 months you will be making more money then every single one of your friends and most of you family members.

Chris Giuliani - His man is the best CEO you will ever meet, he will do anything and everything in his power to improve business model, the culture and most importantly the individual employee's.

Cons

The message in training is that you are going to come out day one selling 2-5 deals per day and make $100-$150K your first year. Although it is possible, most agents can't do that. Expect to truly make $60-$75K your first year.

Biggest con for most agents - Hours, you will work a LOT. But remember, you are being given the opportunity to make so much more many then any 9 to 5 job will ever give you.

Lots of new and young managers that are still learning. With that being said, it is still a young company, there are going to be growing pains.

There are other review that talk about favoritism, that does happen but get over it! This happens in all companies regardless, easiest way to get around it at SVG....be yourself, nothing more and nothing less.

They promoted a LOT of agents/sales coaches to managers (due to massive growth) and for the most part they are good, but there are some communication problems between lower management and upper management. This is something that will change with time, but understand you will most likely have a manager that has never managed people before.

Advice to Management

Set realistic expectations for new hires

8. "Inside Sales"

I worked at Spring Venture Group full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work, great managers.

Cons

Having to track own commission.

"The Business Development Dept is awesome. I wish I wouldn't have resigned."

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Spring Venture Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To start off, the great coworkers, awesome leadership team, flexible schedule, fun work environment, and rewarding interaction with potential customers are the things I miss the most.

I resigned because of a death in my family. I just couldn't focus on the job anymore. Big mistake. I hope to come back one day because working at Spring Venture Group was the best decision I ever made.

I came from a totally different industry. This was my first office kind of job. The BDS department is fantastic. The leaders really care about people. From my team lead all the way to the managers, they all will do whatever they can to help you succeed and even more than that they really care about you as a person.

My team was the best and my team lead and managers were amazing. We worked hard but also got to do fun things like contests, cornhole games before team meetings, and stuff like that. My team even got to do happy hours every month and if you performed well our manager and team lead bought us drinks. They even brought us treats like Capri Suns and fruit snacks on team meeting days. Where else do you get that?

If you like helping people and you are searching for a work hard, play hard career, the BDS team at Spring Venture Group is your answer. You truly get to help people and you're a part of a dope team. Plus, you can make great money while doing it. Best job EVER and I miss my team.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that wasn't great was that the C.O.O. Jeffry didn't seem care about anything but the sales teams. THe rest of the managers were great. Especially the 2 dedicated department managers. They were the best. The C.E.O. Chris was good too.

Advice to Management

The support staff is the best thing about your company, remember that. To the Business Development Specialists Team managers, keep doing exactly what your doing because you guys are the reason the BDS department is the best part of the company. To my old team #beatyesterday and I hope your still crushing it. Miss you guys.

"You get out of Spring what you put into it. We put our hearts into what we do and we have pride in our work"

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people
    Fun work environment
    Encouraging management team
    Great company culture
    Opportunities to grow personally and professionally
    Excellent coaching
    Amazing leadership team
    Opportunities for growth
    The chance to make a difference and change lives every day
    The best coworkers you could ask for
    Great views
    Awesome new building in a fun location
    Effective job training
    Nobody monitors your every move, but all 6 managers are there to help ANY time you need it
    Fun department events like our own Olympics and other contests
    Coworkers that challenge you to do the best you can
    Everyone wants you to do your best
    Competitive and fun

Cons

With the rapid growth we're experiencing there are a few growing pains, but I'm confident the dust will settle and we will be just fine. The best thing about the Business Development Specialist Team is that even with all of the changes, the team leads and both managers help us focus on the process and keep us steady. Change is always uncomfortable at first, but with these guys at the helm of the ship, I know we will stay on course and remain the BEST DEPARTMENT AT SPRING VENTURE GROUP!

Advice to Management

To the BDS management team including the team leaders, please keep doing what you are doing. It's so cool that you give us so much encouragement and support. I really liked the opportunity you gave us to voice our opinions about SVG in that meeting. All 6 of you make us feel valued and you have proved to us that our input matters. Keep doing that.

To the C-Level folks, while you guys are busy babysitting the sales team and buying them concert tickets and expensive prizes, we're working hard and perfecting our process over here. Look out, because you haven't seen anything yet. Our team is the hardest working team in the whole company and we are on a mission to make our presence known. Sales might get the cool toys and all of your attention, but we haven't lost sight of what is most important -authenticity, integrity, grit, and the chance to truly have a positive impact on the world one phone call at a time. You'll see. We're going to be impossible to ignore pretty soon, no matter how hard you try.