Spring Venture Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Spring Venture Group CEO Chris Giuliani
Chris Giuliani

Pros
  • The work environment is conducive to those who want to make a lot of money (in 13 reviews)

• Also daily ping pong helps the hours go by fast (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Success can require long hours and hard work (in 6 reviews)

• They dazzle you with beer on Fridays and company outings, but screw you on commissions (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Not leaving any time soon."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Yes, there is beer in the fridge and ping pong arenas on both floors. Yes, there is an annual golf tournament, holiday party, and countless other social events. These things are great and help make this place what it is, but it's not what matters to me. My opinion is respected, my voice counts, my management wants me to succeed, and I am given the tools to become the best I can possibly become each and every day.

Cons

We are still a young company in the grand scheme of things. This means that new processes and structure is introduced on a regular basis. This can occasionally lead to some minor pain points.

Advice to Management

This management group knows what they are doing. We are heading in the right direction and there is no reason to believe any alternative trend would ever take over.

Jul 28, 2016 – VP, HR and Recruiting

Thank you so much for your review. We work hard to create a fun culture but at the same time we want our employees to feel like their careers are being developed day in and day out. We will continue ... More

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Growing company that is trying to lead the way in the insurance industry
    2. Lots of opportunity to express ideas in my particular field(don't agree with them all)
    3. Lots of ways to affect how the company captures and gathers leads

Cons

1. Sometimes it seems like some change is for the sake of change;
    2. Not always clear on why the change is necessary or how it benefits the company and the employees

Advice to Management

Be more clear and up front on all things we do. It is important for some of us to do our job to stay up with everything.

May 27, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are so glad to hear that you feel valued and that you have a voice and impact in shaping the growth and success of our company - we are always ... More

3. "It's like working with all of your best friends"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Advisor in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Advisor in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Happy hours, beer fridges, ping pong tournaments, community service projects, and a work/life balance that can't be beat. Work hard play hard.

Cons

There really aren't any cons to working here. You're busy, but you're paid well and appreciated so there's nothing to complain about!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work. Thanks for all that you do.

May 21, 2017 – VP Human Resources

We strive every day to create a unique and positive environment for our employees to work and achieve, and we are so excited to hear you love working for SVG. We are glad you are part of our team!

5. "A great company that grew into a bad one"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fratty work environment, can work with all my bros. Some managers are cool, others aren't. You used to be able to make a ton of money here and have complete flexibility.

Cons

With growth, comes changes, and unfortunately my faith was misfounded in our CEO and CFO- Jeff and Chris. Hired too many people, didn't expand the leads, we are basically now cold calling (they will say they are web generated leads but it could be some lady that just searched health on google) people at 7 in the morning and up to 20 times a day. The money just isn't there. I am a senior agent and am SO disappointed in this company. Never any opportunity to move up comparatively to counterparts.

Advice to Management

Stop having such a big head about your company, there are a lot of non corporate cultures out there. What made you all so great is the money that came with it, but you chose profit over people. I think I'll be bowing out soon, but for now bashing my brains out on the phone for the next 7 hours.

May 22, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are sorry to hear that you are not happier with your role and the company, and encourage you to talk with your manager to ensure you have the resources you ... More

6. "Fabulous Culture!"

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is hear to work hard and play hard! Friendly, welcoming atmosphere. Totally new work experience. You are put to work on the first day and feel like you are contributing! Great environment!

Cons

no current cons to address.

Mar 23, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us this great feedback! We want our employees to feel valued from day one, and are excited to hear that you have had a great experience so far. We are glad ... More

7. "Great environment"

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good data. Interesting problems. Really great team.

Cons

I don't have a garbage can...but I could probably get one.

Advice to Management

More garbage cans.

Mar 5, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you so much for your feedback - we are glad to hear you are enjoying the work and our fantastic team at SVG! We strive to have everything ready for our employees when they join (even the ... More

"Great Culture and Potential"

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture with strong growth potential.

Cons

Benefits package has room to improve (health insurance, 401k match, etc.)

Jan 13, 2017 – VP Human Resources

We appreciate your review and certainly will utilize your feedback to continue making Spring Venture Group a top place to work. So glad to hear you are enjoying our culture and we are happy to have ... More

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Spring Venture Group has an entrepreneurial energy that is quite contagious. Management is very much in-tune with employee needs (and wants!) and are successfully leading a company that is experiencing tremendous growth, which is no easy feat. Employees are given the tools they need to succeed, and personal and professional development is not only encouraged but expected; you truly have to try to not do well here. A casual, horizontal management structure makes interactions with top executives frequent, easy, and accessible. Spring has a fun, collegial work environment with ping-pong tables, a beer fridge, and regular company socials both in and out of the office. They truly make the effort to make sure employees feel welcome and appreciated. Each person is an important piece of the puzzle; expectations are high, but so is achievement.

Cons

As the company grows, many of the processes and procedures that worked for a company of 30 employees no longer work for a company of 200+. Rather than just dealing with the headaches of outdated processes, however, employees are encouraged to voice ideas for improvements and innovations and are even given the tools to implement those improvements themselves in many cases.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Jan 13, 2017 – VP Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this review! It is important to us that we maintain a strong culture and positive work environment as we grow, and we are truly thankful for our employees ... More

"This place is just different."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Spring Venture Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As soon as you walk in the doors, you feel the energy. This place is just simply different than any other work environment that I have ever been a part of. I feel like I am an important piece to the puzzle, and as cliche as that may sound, its the truth. The compensation is limitless. If you are a person that wants to be mediocre, you will make $65k. If you are a person that has a strong work ethic, and you are focused on your tasks, you will make $125k+ easily. The sky is literally the limit.

Cons

I enjoy this career so much, it is almost addicting. I struggle to leave my work at the door, when I leave. I am constantly trying to improve my skills, and continue to succeed.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue to do exactly what you are doing. I love this place.

Sep 9, 2016 – VP, HR and Recruiting

Thank you so much for leaving this feedback. We are really glad that you are enjoying your career with us.

11. "Overall"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Great Company to work for. Coming out of the Military the Management and the staff have all made it easy for me transition back into the civilian workforce! Glad to be apart of the team!

Cons

Don't really have anything to add.

Sep 12, 2016 – VP, HR and Recruiting

Thank you for leaving a review about your experience at SVG so far! We are so glad that you are here.