Spring Venture Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spring Venture Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Spring Venture Group

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spring Venture Group (Kansas City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

A very different kind of interview more focused on how well you know yourself and can think and react critically than about your work or professional experience. Afterwards, they let you shadow an agent let you get an idea for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Spring Venture Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Thorough and efficient. First off was a technical phone interview. The questions ranged from pretty basic, to detailed, specific, more difficult. They don't impose any time limits, and are happy to let you talk through the answers. It's obvious that the interviewers are knowledgeable enough, that they aren't looking for textbook answers (though in some cases I'm sure those would work too).
    The next step is the in person interview. Everyone is welcoming, and again no time constraints are imposed. Here they ask some more general questions, to see if you're a good fit for the team culture. There are also more technical questions, some a bit more 'hands on'. Again, they're not looking for perfection, but they'll pose some good challenges to see how you problem solve, along with basic coding skills.
    Overall, I found the interview to strike a great balance. It's challenging, but not impossible.

Interview Questions

• Some specific Java questions, or coding on the whiteboard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Hr recruiter emailed me, set up a phone interview with one of the engineers.

Felt really comfortable with phone interview but in person Interview felt like an interrogation rather than a conversation

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spring Venture Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Scheduled phone interview. Scheduled on-site interview. Intern program is fairly new, and they don't quite have it figured out in their structure of it. Was only hiring one intern at the time. Growing company with lots of potential.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spring Venture Group (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with VP of Engineering was positive. Good discussion. He provided very clear and useful answers to my questions and wanted to make sure I understood the goals of the organization and what role I would play in that.

In-person interview focused on discussing their current architecture and evaluating how I go about problem solving when I don't have all of the information I need.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like "Why do I want the position?" and "Describe what role you play in your current job." Some lite technical questions like "Explain to me what SOA and microservices are." Some soft-skill questions such as "Describe a situation where you had a conflict in your team that impacted your ability to deliver."   Answer Question

Negotiation

They worked with me on salary. Still technically a startup so keep that in mind when considering compensation.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spring Venture Group (Kansas City, MO) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online, and was immediately emailed a request to perform online testing which took approximately 40 mins. I completed that testing the same afternoon, and the next morning I was called and asked to come in for an interview. The interview was 2 days later and consisted of meeting with a sales manager, and then a VP.. After the interviews I was given the opportunity to shadow with a sales coach. In total, I was there a little over 2 hours. Upon leaving, an offer was extended later that afternoon. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask your managers, or supervisors, what is it like to coach you, how would they respond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spring Venture Group (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I heard an ad on the radio for Spring Venture Group sometime late last year/early this year, but I didn't decide to apply until around April. I received a call a few days after I applied and went through a phone screen. We scheduled an interview for the following Tuesday. The interview went great, nothing out of the ordinary. I'm sure they have a script of questions as a guideline, however the interview did not seem like it was scripted like others I have experienced. The questions were directed to find out what kind of person I am and what drives me. The interview was very genuine. After that interview was over, I received a call a day or 2 later to set up the second in person interview the week after. This interview was some more of the same. It seems like this interview is more to validate the first interview. After the interview was over, I was able to shadow an existing sales rep for about an hour. This was a good experience because I was able to watch a sale and see what the job duties are first hand. I received a call the next day offering me employment. I accepted and will be starting in the coming weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous supervisors say is the hardest thing about coaching you?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview experience was very informative and efficient. It set great expectation for my new position with Spring Venture group. The atmosphere was very professional but also very inviting. I am excited about my future with the company.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spring Venture Group (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a positive, in-depth, and unique experience. The interviewers are not just interested in your previous work experience, but in who you are as a person. Interviewing is a multi-step process: Phone screening, initial interview, final interview, and shadowing of an active sales representative. They want you to feel as comfortable with them as they are with you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Spring Venture Group (Kansas City, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

All the people that I interviewed with were good, caring people and the company seemed like a good environment. Went in for 2 interviews after a phone interview. After my last interview I stayed around and shadowed one of the employees. Everything about the experience was positive.