Stonebridge Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
James Ivy

"Passionate People!!!"

I have been working at Stonebridge full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Passionate people from delivery to back-office to leadership. The Stonebridge team excels at working hard together driving 'outcomes that matter' - not just process, not just technology, not just support.

Cons

Work-life balance in consulting is a challenge at times

Advice to Management

Lean into market rebounds and execute our strategy

Stonebridge2017-03-27

"principal consultant"

Former Employee - Princi in Houston, TX

I worked at Stonebridge

Pros

Specific industry focus, reasonable work environment.

Cons

Specific industry focus, process management not technology focus

Stonebridge2016-06-07
  3. "One of the best boutique O&G consulting firms."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Stonebridge full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great leadership at the management level, huge growth in 2014-2015 and widely successful becoming a world class consulting firm. Back office and support struggled at times, but have seen worse. Most of the dead weight and naysayers have parted ways, recruiting and in house development will play a critical role once market picks back up. Tremendous amount of diverse knowledge from almost every aspect of the O&G industry;...

Cons

Not much.... Timing is key and market crash and having to cut and pass up top talent could hurt in short term. Dallas and Denver were promising and time will tell if relationships and prospective market share will be capitalized on or lost to others.

Advice to Management

Have fun and be thankful for the blessings.

Stonebridge2016-03-31
  4. "Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Stonebridge full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Management looks after their employees. There's always a new opportunity to expand my skills set. Overall great people/teams to work with.

Cons

Work-life balance depending on the project.

Advice to Management

Continue to value the importance of communication.

Stonebridge2016-03-07

"Worst Company!"

I worked at Stonebridge

Pros

They pay you well They pay you to provide them with positive feedback on glassdoor

Cons

Very clicky if you are not best friends with the president or friends with his friends you are out, no respect for good work but for who get in the most money. Incapable employees everywhere, every office you see. None of their employees no anything about their jobs, and they easily get threaten especially in their ECM practice -- which by the way is going out of business. The recutiers are liars too. I do not trust anyone...

Advice to Management

Change your style before your clients catch up to your lies and sues your company forcing you to shut down.

Stonebridge2016-04-02

"Horrible!"

I have been working at Stonebridge

Pros

I have yet to find anything positive about this company.

Cons

The worst company I have come across in my life! They have no respect for their employees, clients or anything except making profit and exploiting clients. From the president to admin assistant are all liars and crooks! They tell the employees they are doing very well and give raises to employees yet continue to have lay offs. I seriously am starting to doubt if their CFO really knows how to balance books. One...

Advice to Management

Close your doors before your clients realize you are just bunch of crooks.

Stonebridge2016-02-19
  7. "Pros and Cons"

I have been working at Stonebridge

Pros

Small company that has a good President and good vision of where it is heading to even in the oil price down turn. And because it is so small there are a lot of room of freedom organizationally. Some really great people that are willing to mentor if you ask. Houston MD is a very honest boss, which I appreciated at tough times.

Cons

Unless you are passionate about its breadth of work, it can be a tough place to work for a recent grad. Work force demographic is mostly relatively experienced and older (w/ family) and it lacks culture of camaraderie. Compare to a bigger company, a lot of things are v autonomous and I see both employee slack and still get by v.s. really motivated and hardworking.

Advice to Management

Would like to see more effort to improve organizational communication, process of staffing to projects, transparency in company performances, and employee performance evaluation

Stonebridge2016-01-19
  8. "Challenging and growing"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Stonebridge full-time

Pros

Good Project and great teams to work with. The company is still growing in this market.

Cons

We lost many people in the down turn. Low oil price is hurting every place in Houston

Advice to Management

Try to keep the good employees

Stonebridge2016-01-11
  9. "Great people to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Stonebridge

Pros

very constructive environment, all the people working there are friendly and helpful. Learned a lot from there

Cons

Some clients are tough, but usually management helps the consultants to make is as smooth as possible

Stonebridge2015-12-24
  10. "Anonymous"

I have been working at Stonebridge full-time

Pros

I have been given the opportunity to work on a career path that I might not have had somewhere else. I have been able to grow and learn things that benefit the company, and me as a professional.They have given me direction, but not micro-managed. I respect my manager and feel like I am constantly learning. We have a good team of smart people that I am proud to work with every day, and we have fun too.

Cons

Stonebridge faces challenges that all companies face with regards to the market conditions, effective communication, leadership, but I feel these things are being addressed. These are issues you see in most organizations, but I do feel comfortable asking questions and going to different managers if I have concerns.

Advice to Management

Communicate with each other and down to consultants. Everyone feeling like they are on the "same page" is crucial.

Stonebridge2015-12-18