Strata Decision Technology Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2020

4.3
Strata Decision Technology CEO Dan Michelson
Dan Michelson
Pros
  • "Smart People on a lot of the teams, some very dedicated to delivering for the client(in 7 reviews)

• "Great people who care a lot about the work they are doing(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be difficult at certain times(in 11 reviews)

• "Lots of growing pains but that is to be expected at any organization that is growing(in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing company to grow, learn, and succeed"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Collaborate team environment -Internal tools/classes to help with career development -Social office environment that makes coming to work exciting and fun

Cons

-Strata technology operates in a complex industry, therefore the ramp up takes a little longer than expected

2. "Great place to work - Growing company and growing careers!"

5.0

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strata is very focused on growing the skills and careers of current employees. The business is growing 20-30% per year. With this growth, plus the development of new modules, bringing in new functionality such as advanced analytics and building new services, there are always new roles and new types of roles opening up. Strata has focused on building and maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction throughout it's growth. When issues arise with customers, tech services, product, client services, experience management and leadership work together to try to resolve the issues. As someone who works with clients, I can say that Strata genuinely wants to do what is right for clients AND the company.

Cons

Not really a con in the big picture of being part of a successful company... but Strata takes accountability seriously. Employees are expected to perform consistently against expectations for this role. If people are not performing well, leaders share feedback and coach people to get better. Feedback and coaching happen for everyone - a lot. For some people, even strong performers, getting a lot of feedback and coaching can feel overwhelming, even though it is meant to help grow someone's skills.

"Love this place!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strata makes you feel welcome and important in the position you are in but helps to push towards the future

Cons

There can be a lot of internal meetings but most of them are helpful!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great mission, lots of smart people that care about doing the right thing, truly good products, excellent tools and support

Cons

None to really speak of

"Strata"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strata Decision Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you want to get great work experience at a professional tech company, this is the place. More than one former developer at Strata has gone on to found their own successful companies in Silicon Valley. They hire young talent and give them more responsibility than you would typically get starting off somewhere else. In my opinion, the experience you get here is the most valuable thing you can get from working at Strata. I also thought they paid pretty well. You work hard but they do compensate you for it. I haven’t been paid better anywhere else in my career. And it is nice to work at a place that is helping healthcare. Makes you feel good about your job at the end of the day.

Cons

The biggest drawback is that there isn’t always clear leadership, and on top of that there’s a constant crush of projects. So you are always getting the message “we need to get this giant project done, now!” But, it’s hard to know what “this” and “done” mean, because nobody has clearly defined the project. There aren’t a whole lot of great managers at this place. It can be very stressful at times and you will probably have to work some long hours. Another thing is that the company culture can be a bit much. This boils down to Dan (CEO) being a type-A personality and not understanding that some people need downtime. I got tired of being forced to participate in every dumb company event they had (Halloween dress-ups, mandatory volunteering, field day type events), pretend to be having a great time, and on top of that, do my job and take care of the rest of my life. But if you’re a 20-something and you are outgoing and like “having fun,” you might enjoy the culture more than I did.

Continue reading

"Incredible company with great people!"

Former Employee - Marketing Events Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strata Decision Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strata truly lives up to its values and the people who work there are just simply the best. The HQ is in the heart of downtown Chicago and it is a pretty relaxed office setting (with a work hard, play hard culture!) I felt like all employees (Entry-level, Upper Management, C-Suite, etc.) were approachable and really made work enjoyable. I only left due to my family relocating, or else I could see a long career with Strata.

Cons

The salary seems to be a bit lower than other industries/companies I have worked or interviewed for.

7. "Ok"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strata Decision Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people, nice location, nice team.

Cons

No direction, top down approach rather than bottom up.

"Great people, great solutions, nothing is perfect"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time

Pros

- strong financial results, market leading solutions - genuinely hardworking, smart, and mission driven employees - passionate focus on client success and engagement - strong cross-team collaboration

Cons

- slowly maturing product management team - no other cons that aren’t typical for a quickly growing company; no leadership team is immune to growing pains

"Exciting Work Environment"

5.0

Pros

Meaningful work, good PTO, inviting culture, outside of work volunteer efforts in the community

Cons

None that I can think of

Continue reading

"Great people doing great work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

Strong connection to their mission, endless opportunities to grow and learn, big emphasis on culture and cross-team collaboration, kind people

Cons

Don't have any cons at this time.

Found 96 reviews