Strategic Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Sankar Mangapuram

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Senior Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Strategic Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

working remotely from home increases productivity by 150%. Leadership is very employee oriented

Cons

working remotely from home also removes you from an office team environment

2. "Overworked and Underpaid"

I worked at Strategic Systems full-time

Pros

I have been with Strategic Systems for a few years and unfortunately what started as a great relationship has turned into a demotivating and unfortunate one. Being on a visa tied to this employer is like committing career suicide. You will be paid the minimum salary for years and the management will throw you a couple bones if you bring it up. They give you the freedom to perform well but no one is ever appreciated for any extra effort put in. There is also a major divide among employees. All citizens and GC holders are paid at market value and allowed to work remote with little accountability. The key staff at the HQ are held to very different standards than the rest of the company.

Cons

Strategic Systems embodies a typical 1950's white male-centric work culture. Management has been overheard saying 'he's white so we will send him to the presentation' or 'she's a girl so the client may be more interested'. If you are a person of color, female, or have any immigration restrictions, stay far far away from this company. If you are white, male and have any random industry experience, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Take care of your key staff, no matter their race. Analyze and understand the value of your key employees in terms of the work they do to keep your company running and help it grow. Pay them according to industry standards and sometimes a 'thank you' is also enough.

3. "Programmer Analyst"

Pros

Good salary structure and staff

Cons

Health benefits and paid time off

4. "Company with a good code of conduct and vision"

Former Employee - Lead Business Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Lead Business Analyst in Denver, CO

Pros

I worked with Strategic Systems more than an Year and It is a great company to work for. Every person I interacted with are very professional and were available all the time. As I understand the Management of this company is very clear about thier client strategies and building the long term relationship. This company has a great future

Cons

I observed no issues in this company

Advice to Management

Way to Go. Keep up the spirit

"Oustanding employer that genuinely cares about their consultants & clients!!"

Pros

Strategic Systems is the best of both worlds for both Consultants and Clients. As a growing I.T. staffing company they truly understand the importance and value of assuring that their consultants and customers are always taken care of above and beyond what most Staffing firms offer.
    For their Consultants: Strategic Systems primarily hires seasoned recruiters with on average over 10 years of experience. They understand the importance of building relationships with their candidates and in my experience have always communicated thoroughly throughout the recruiting / interviewing / hiring process. Also contrary to most staffing firms they offer a variety of benefits AND are flexible with different employment options including 1099, w2 without benefits, with benefits, or partial benefits to fit what each candidate may want or need. In addition they provide Immigration assistance including TN, H1b sponsorship and Green Card processing.

For their Clients: Strategic Systems employs seasoned Account Managers with over 15 years of I.T. Staffing experience. The Account Managers are dedicated to specific accounts and are truly partnered with their clients to service their needs... not just make a placement. They offer flexibility to clients in staffing contract, contract to hire or direct hire consultants (again very different from most staffing firms). They are thorough in their screening process - including a variety of methods of technically qualifying candidates for positions.

I have been with Strategic Systems for over 3 years and have been very happy with the quality and professionalism throughout!

Cons

Cost of Benefits - as they are a small-medium sized company their healthcare prices are typically higher than most large companies could offer

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great people and do what you're doing!!

6. "Computer Programmer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Strategic Systems (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working with Strategic Systems for one year and so far no issues.
    Excellent team and good to work with them.
    The team is professional and committed at what they do.

Cons

So far did not have any issues..

Sep 24, 2015 – Business Development

Thank you so much for your most helpful review. We pride ourselves in having happy and fulfilled employees. Wish you all the best!

7. "Programmer Analyst"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Strategic Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working for the company for the past 7 years and have been very satisfied with the level of service they provide ,Be it Immigration, Payroll ,Compensation , Personal issues etc. They have an outstanding team to guide us in every path of your career.

Cons

They need improvement in the Marketing area.

Sep 10, 2015 – Business Development

Thank you so much for your invaluable feedback about the company. We are grateful to have excellent employees like you to help us succeed!
    We are building on our marketing team and really appreciate... More

8. "Excellent Work Culture!"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Strategic Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strategic Systems is a great place to work with some fantastic in-house employees always there to help. Their contracting opportunities are good and spread across the US. The HR Manager is very helpful and prompt. For an IT consulting company, this one surpassed my expectations.

Cons

I have no reason to complain about the company. I have had a great year of gainful employment here and am looking forward to reaching my career goals with Strategic Systems.

Advice to Management

Great Work and company! Thank you for everything.

9. "Strategic Systems and their staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Pros

Strategic Systems has been a great company to work for. I have been with the company for over 3 yrs. The staff their has always been available for me even after business hours. I have learned a lot of new things to continue to grow in my position and they have always provided me all of the tools I need to be successful with them. The owner really cares for his employees and has goes above and beyond when needed to assist me.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. I am able to work from home when I need to, I enjoy a work life balance, and I am paid well. So what is there to complain about.

Jan 12, 2015 – Business Development

We really appreciate your feedback about working here at Strategic Systems. We strive to ensure our employees are satisfied.
    Thank you again!

10. "Great Company to Work"

Current Employee - Senior, Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior, Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strategic Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very satisfied with Management & Team. Strategic Systems current Employee and been with them from past 5 Yrs.

Cons

Currently I am working in Chicago, IL and need more clients in this area. I hope they expand their clients soon in this area.

Dec 8, 2014 – Business Development

Thank you for your feedback about Strategic Systems! We currently have excellent account managers working towards spreading our wings in most major IT hubs. With clients spanning from Florida to... More