Synapse Product Development Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2020

4.2
Synapse Product Development President Jeff Hebert (no image)
Jeff Hebert
Pros
  • "Fun people, relaxed workplace, work-life balance, real projects for interns(in 11 reviews)

• "The project variety is fun and the work environment is unmatched(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Nature of consulting means that there will be busy periods followed by slow periods, which can cause concern(in 4 reviews)

• "There isn't a clear path for career growth(in 4 reviews)

1. "Senior Client Services Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Client Services Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Synapse Product Development full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company, great people! They really value their employees

Cons

None - they are a great company to work for!

Synapse Product Development2020-06-03
  2. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Synapse Product Development full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Community comes first. This is a tight knit, positive place to work. Management really listens and wants the company to be the best it can be. The projects are varied and provide a satisfying challenge.

Cons

None I can think of

Synapse Product Development2020-01-23
  3. "Fun culture cool people"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer

I have been working at Synapse Product Development full-time

Pros

You can bring dogs to work and do rock climbing when you want. Family friendly fun events and professional trainings happen very now and then. People you work with are very smart and kind.

Cons

You can’t normally tell what you are working on even after the product is released. Salary is not ideal.

Synapse Product Development2019-12-06

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

Pros

I like the people I work with, and their positive attitudes and respect for each other.

Cons

Communication across timezones and cultures can be a challenge.

Synapse Product Development2019-06-25
  5. "okay company"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer Intern

I have been working at Synapse Product Development full-time

Pros

good company with good culture

Cons

no growth and boring work for interns

Synapse Product Development2019-04-04

"Toxic culture of correctness, Inept management, pitiful compensation"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Synapse Product Development full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Life at Synapse has a handful of benefits, including plenty of paid time off (4 weeks) and a good work-life balance. If you're looking for a place to just show up and leave each day while putting in minimal effort, this place may be perfect for you.

Cons

Synapse likes to tell the tale of a happy and inclusive culture... don't be fooled. A look beneath the surface reveals an environment where you can't ask a peer about their culture or religion without an HR violation, shouldn't use words like "millennial" or "genius" as they are discriminatory, and don't dare give feedback to your manager without harsh reprisal. Management has it's own agenda, and it certainly isn't in the best interest of employees. Cost savings are top priority - sometimes even at the expense of employee safety! Team morale is viewed as unimportant, with managers taking the view that team events and meetings are of zero value. Don't expect to be compensated competitively at Synapse. Not only do the salaries fall far short of industry norms, the health insurance benefits are bare bones and - before it was mandated by law - didn't include even some of the most basic and essential health benefits.

Synapse Product Development2018-11-05

"Great Culture and People!"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager

I have been working at Synapse Product Development full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, collaborative, fun, supportive, smart group of people.

Cons

Salaries below market, career growth is limited for more senior resources, could do more to foster development/growth, accountability for marginal or poor performance is lax.

Synapse Product Development2018-08-09

"Awesome place to work, with a few things to improve."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Synapse Product Development full-time

Pros

Work-life balance is great. Lots of different clients bringing diverse and challenging projects. Co-workers are all friendly and fun people. Management seems to be transparent.

Cons

Lack of career growth. You will move up slower than peers at other companies. Pay is not competitive in the Seattle market. Nature of consulting means that there will be busy periods followed by slow periods, which can cause concern.

Synapse Product Development2018-08-04

"Sr. Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Synapse Product Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great group of people working on exciting projects. The team in SF has a real family feel and they put time and effort into cultivating their unique and vibrant culture. True emphasis on work/life balance (it's not just a slogan at Synapse....they really want you to have a rich life outside of the office). And speaking of the office, the space is really cool!

Cons

Every company has its issues and Synapse is no exception in this area, but they lean towards trying to address/fix them before they grow out of control. If there was one area to address this year it would be the lack of diversity.

Synapse Product Development2018-04-24

Synapse Product Development Response

July 23, 2018President

Thank you for your review and feedback. It's great to hear you had a positive experience working with the San Francisco Synapse team. Thank you also for your call to action on diversity. We absolutely agree and are taking steps to make Synapse a more inclusive organization. We recently began working with a diversity consultant to learn about Behaviors & Habits of Inclusive Organizations, and to kick off a series of trainings for our managers. We’re also very fortunate to have a groundswell of interest among Synapsters at all levels, who are participating in a series of Inclusive Conversations to build awareness. With continued training and commitment, we hope to increase the diversity of our community and make sure that we provide an inclusive, welcoming environment for all. -- Redwood Stephens

10. "Fantastic place to work"

I have been working at Synapse Product Development full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work, really great and down-to-earth people who do some impressive work

Cons

None that I can think of

Synapse Product Development2018-04-13