80% would recommend to a friend
(3194 total reviews)
Dr. Aart J. de Geus
94% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low salaries compared to concurrent companies" (in 163 reviews)
- "Bad management and politics abound." (in 97 reviews)
- "Managers do communicate at their level but do not communicate to their staff outside the requisite weekly staff meeting." (in 65 reviews)
- "low Compensation as per industry standards" (in 47 reviews)
- "limited growth opportunities" (in 25 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Synopsys and is not affected by filters.
Found 3,194 of over 4K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Dec 4, 2023Senior ConsultantCurrent Employee
The people are great. The benefits are wonderful
The company is designed to work around dev, which can cause issues for non-dev positions.
- 4.0Dec 1, 2023Manager, Program ManagementCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMountain View, CA
Great compensation/benefits PTO/Leave Generous - when the company does well - that is shared with employees via stock and/or bonuses My department leadership Voice is heard and respected - innovation encouraged global company - very diverse and rich in culture
Very silo'd - sometimes hard to collaborate or even know 'who' to collaborate with Slow to change Leadership 'enforcement' of policy (worry they'll upset a tenured team member who is an SME on a product) Certain areas have lack of career growth opportunities May sell (could be a pro as well) C level is mostly men (appears to be a bit of a boys club - friends of friends) When some leaves or is let go - position isn't always posted - someone is just 'selected' further limiting career growth
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023OperationsCurrent EmployeeSunnyvale, CA
Large company with lots a resources Friendly team Intelligent people
Disorganized, could be more focused Large company, easy to feel siloed
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Software Engineer IICurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Jose, CA
Forward Thinking, aggressive in its goals, tons to work on.
Collaboration is lacking, feels like 7 different companies working separately.1
- 5.0Nov 22, 2023Sr Staff EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSunnyvale, CA
Growth with AI boom and Semiconduct business
increase the pressure for entire company to achieve better OP margin.1
- 5.0Nov 15, 2023Applications EngineerCurrent Employee
great portfolio of products in every step of design process
company needs to focus a little less on bottom line and keep main focus on technology1
- 4.0Sep 1, 2023Sr. Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSunnyvale, CA
The tech is at the forefront of semiconductor device manufacturing. Ability to learn more and get more skills in the field of semiconductor manufacturing. Nice, relaxed work environment. Good salary, a very pleasant campus.
Product's source code is messed up IMO - they chose a wrong language (Python) for the product that is supposed to have high performance. Now they are struggling with performance issues. Computer code is poorly organized, not modular, doesn't have high performance, at least in my project. It is quite difficult to work with. They don't care about coding culture. Attention is sharply focused on sales and revenues. If you are used to nicely organized projects (in terms of tech) - you will struggle.3
- 3.0Nov 15, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
They pay well, more than most companies.
Management isn't held accountable for how they handle their directs and the atmosphere is often retaliatory among peers. Huge escalation culture.
Synopsys Reviews FAQs
Synopsys has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 3,608 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Synopsys to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
80% of Synopsys employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Synopsys 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.