Synopsys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synopsys Interview Questions

Interviews at Synopsys

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

Phone call and in person interview. 3 rounds of technical interview was held. it was a a good experience and interviewer was very clear about the requirement. Questions are technical and operational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a scenario when you had to handle a complex situation when there was no help from senior or supervisor.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter who thought their was a skills match on my profile.

The recruiter quickly moved for me to speak to hiring manager. After the initial phone call, I was invited on site for an interview.

During the interview, I asked interviewer(s) how much would be working together and what tasks the team would be doing?

The common answer I got was I don't know, you'll have to ask the hiring manager.

When I met the hiring manager, they gave vague outline of what could happen, but no decisions had been made and probably won't be for awhile.

After the interview I did not hear anything for two weeks from the recruiter and followed up. I received a response that the recruiter would follow up with the hiring manager and let me know as soon as possible.

After another two weeks I requested another update in which I was told I would not get the job.

I'm disappointed I was rushed to get in there and then all of a sudden the job interview went cold and no response.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synopsys in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process was in three phases:

1. Written Test
    2. Technical Interview
    3. HR Discussion

Written test based on aptitude and digital electronics, some conversion questions like gray to binary, Logic gates and mos basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Written test contains various questions on aptitude and basic questions from digital electronics. Candidates who have passed the written test have been asked mid-level VLSI questions. HR discussion was simple.   Answer Question
    • Basic questions on aptitude   Answer Question
    • Digital Electronics questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synopsys (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

It was 2 telephonic rounds. one round with the manager, he explained about the job description. Followed with technical round and asked everything on my projects and then followed with c++

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

Went through a 30 minute behavioral interview and 1 hour technical phone interview. Went through the projects on the resume, and technical questions from verily programming. Basic MOSFET questions, Verilog coding problems, timing optimization questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys.

Interview

The process was straight forward, well organized, and professional. After an initial phone call they invited me on site and I met with 5 members of the team.

I spoke with each person about 30-45 minutes and it felt more like a conversation than question after question.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

9 rounds of interviews. Phone call with recruiter then hiring manager phone interview, onsite interview with 5 managers and 1 director. 2 more phone interviews with remote team and one final interview with VP.

Interview Questions

• marketing technical questions, Business develpment questions. How do you help our sales team to develop a marketing plan   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (Boston, MA) in November 2019.

Interview

Interview process began with two phone screens which resulted in being very positive. I didn’t even think that I gave my best interview after the 2nd phone screen, but lone behold the next day they wanted me to fly out to Boston to interview in house (flight paid for by them and everything). I was very excited and eager by this. It made me feel good about myself knowing that they wanted me to come in and extended a helping hand as such. I was asked to prepare a 20 minute presentation on something I was passionate about. This was another neat twist as I was able to show them what my passions were/how passionate I was for them. I came in and had the interview. Some of the interviewees seemed disinterested in speaking with me from the start, which is a confidence killer for anyone in an interview. I then gave my presentation which again they seemed to rather be buried waist deep in paperwork than hear me out for a little bit of their day. Once over as I unplugged my laptop 3/4 interviewees rushed out without even sending me off. I know that I have to go out of my way to thank them, but I should not be chasing them out of the door for this. It’s one thing if you think that a candidate is not a right fit, it’s another thing to show a blatant lack of respect as such after having someone spend 12 hours of their day traveling. Regardless, I felt that I gave a good interview and felt good about my performance. I reached out to one of the interviewees via LinkedIn to thank them and he fortunately responded. Unfortunately, by the time he responded, which was about 16 hours after the interview, I had already been told they moved on. My point is, why fly someone out and waste a colossal amount of time, money, and resources, only to put on this circus act. I could have ran around like a chicken with his head cut off in the interview and it would have taken them more time to deny me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synopsys (San Francisco, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

After 3 phone interviews they brought me in for a full day onsite interview with several people. Nothing unexpected, but kind of repetitive as most interviewers just asked the same basic questions. After taking a whole day off work for this, they didn't even have the courtesy to follow up afterwards which is about as disrespectful as you can get.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked and some of the challenges you faced.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synopsys (San Jose, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

A couple of phone interviews. I gave a presentation and gave them my slides. I was supposed to go to an interview for a third round. Never heard back. After a few times of following up, heard that they are planning on changing the role.

Interview Questions

• General Behavioral questions and work experience questions. Assignment, recommend how to incorporate ML/DA into their tools. Suggest a feature-based name for this tool.   1 Answer