T&R Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

P.Ronald Sabatino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Property Manager"

I worked at T&R Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

T& R is in a great location!

Cons

Properties understaffed and employees underpaid for skill set

Advice to Management

Upper management could be genuine and sincere and show more support

Jun 8, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

T&R takes pride in offering competitive wages and benefits in its market regions. We understand that some property employees think properties... More

2. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dublin, OH

I have been working at T&R Properties part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice people. Expect hard work, but are flexible for family needs. I've been treated very well during my part-time employment here.

Cons

Can't think of any cons at this time.

3. "Gotta have what it takes to make it here!"

I have been working at T&R Properties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family oriented and opportunities to advance if you show initiative.

Cons

Hard to reach bonus goals and not staffed correctly on most properties which causes low moral in team members.

Advice to Management

Change the culture on the way that things are done. The things that worked in the 90's don't meet the needs of what's going on today in the world.

Jan 31, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Dear Current Employee,

First of all, thank you for your dedicated years as an employee of T&R Properties, Inc. Loyalty like yours is what makes T&R a great place to work!

You are absolutely... More

4. "Worst management company in Columbus"

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

Pros

There were some great coworkers. No other pro. Just great coworkers that all understand how terrible t & r is.

Cons

The owner is unprofessional and degrading. Corporate is rude and unwilling to help. Little to no training of the staff.

Advice to Management

Stop preaching how "family" oriented you are. Family treat each other with respect. T&R does not promote respect.

Dear Former Property Manager,

Yes, T&R has a lot of GREAT employees and co-workers. We are sorry that you felt this way about T&R and wish we had the opportunity to discuss in person.

We... More

5. "Worst Company to work for ever!!"

I worked at T&R Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. they are the absolute company to work for. only good thing was the people i worked with daily at the office and wasn't into the corporate propaganda.

Cons

They do not care about you. They are very rude to you. They set you up to fail every time. I quit because the upper management and corporate people are downright nasty to you. I was very uncomfortable talking to them and working around them. The owner is a joke. all he does is yell and do nothing good for the company. he is so old and out of it its not even funny.

Advice to Management

Change everything! Ownership, upper management, corporate people. Keep the good hardworking leasing managers/agents they are the backbone of this poorly lead company!

Dear Former Employee,

How disappointing it is for us that anyone would feel the way you must have felt when writing these comments. We take all comments seriously and work toward improving what... More

6. "Maintenance"

Current Employee - Maintenance Facilitator in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Maintenance Facilitator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at T&R Properties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They treat me like Family. Understanding. Give you what you need to make your job easier so you can be successful.

Cons

The position I hold makes it tough because I answer to everyone.

7. "Great Company for Entry Level Leasing"

I have been working at T&R Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company for an entry level position, as well as opportunity to grow within the company. Great work-life-balance, and wonderful immediate staff. Everyone is open and welcoming and want to see you succeed to the next level of success.

Cons

Training with any company can sometimes be overwhelming, initially did not receive adequate training and could have been spent more times hands on. However the company has truly truly improved on their training process and making things more hands on and easy adjustment process.

Advice to Management

Very important for focus on staff and office morale, when employee's are happy with their work environment it show's in the performance.

8. "High turnover"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at T&R Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very passionate about my position and love what I do.

Cons

High turnover. No integrity. Fake upper management. A lot of broken promises... Don't expect a raise when your promised one (reaching the company goals laid out for you means nothing!). Has high expectations but doesn't provide you with the tools to succeed or accomplish their expectations. Terrible training... Probably because they don't have a training department. Worst company I have ever worked for and that's an understatement!

Advice to Management

Acknowledge what is great! Create better leaders! Lead by example! Create an actual bonus structure to give incentive instead of throwing money at employees to try and retain them. Develop a better chain of command so at property level they have more support, understanding, and development opportunities! Don't throw away or let a great employee slip through your hands due to poor leadership! Have meetings with employees before jumping to conclusions. Most that leave are actually great employees who are just tired of all mentioned above. In a nutshell... Be a better company! Has so much potential but all is lost due to the above.

Dear Former Employee,

We are glad that you are passionate and love what you do. We, too, are passionate about our work, our company, and our employee relationships. It would seem that we failed... More

9. "You are merely a number"

Pros

The property manager I worked with was great! That part of my experience was 5 star.

Cons

Where do I start. I was new to the leasing world when I started there, and the owner was already threatening to fire me for making a mistake within my first week. He told me I had one more chance, he stood up, and walks out the club house. No hand shake, no goodbye, not a word to anyone.
    We had a Fall Symposium and the tables were set in such a way that everyone had a name tag, a note pad, etc at their respective seats. I discovered that no one at the corporate office had any idea I was supposed to be there and there was no place for me at any table.
    Most unprofessional experience of my life! Steer clear of this company.

Advice to Management

Treat people with at least a basic level of respect.

Dear Former Employee,

We are so glad that you had a positive experience with your property manager. We have great employees at T&R! It is unfortunate that you felt disrespected through any... More

10. "Great Place To Have The Opportunity To Wear Many Hats!"

Pros

Team members are able to grow professionally and personally by being able to participate in many different aspects of the industry. It would be difficult for someone to become complacent while working here as there are always new challenges and new tasks to be done.

The company's ever diversifying portfolio is excitingly acquiring new assets in many different locations and industries. In turn this does allow for growth in a field which typically many individuals get the: "glass ceiling effect."

The Home Office team is very very warm and receptive to helping those individuals on the front lines. All one does to do is simply ask for help or assistance!

Cons

Turn over is a bit difficult; this seems to largely be in part due to inconsistent or inadequate training of new hires.

More face to face interactions among team members would be nice to help foster employee retention.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more face to face interactions with leasing and home office staff. The home office team can not function without the leasing staff, just as the leasing staff could not properly function without the home office team. It would be nice to have regular interaction with the teams.

I think developing a more extensive training program to really get individuals comfortable with our policy and guidelines, as well as industry standards would really go a long way!