KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Company to work for

May 13, 2022 - Technical Support Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great, overall working environment has been amazing. Very family oriented company

Cons

Some values that the employee's share are not shared by Senior Leadership. There are some cases when there are valid concerns that are pushed to the side.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company to work for

May 2, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Okemos, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

We work with very bright and amazing people. The company really cares about its customers. We foster a culture of inclusivity, empowerment, integrity, and work-life balance. People are proud to work at TechSmith because we are taken care of, so we can take care of our customers. The company invests in professional development for their staff, and we get about 20% of our time to work in innovation. We get about 1 week and a half straight every 8 weeks to work in innovation. I really enjoy this significant block of time to work on innovation because we are able to truly build something more ellaborated and make significant progress.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing

Mar 28, 2022 - Software Engineer in Okemos, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and experience

Cons

Honestly there have not been any cons

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great first internship

Mar 10, 2022 - Intern in Okemos, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Nice people to work with

Cons

Long hours of sitting gets boring

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

TechSmith is an amazing company!

Feb 8, 2022 - Technical Support Engineer in Okemos, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people that make up the company - TechSmith values, ethic, and moral compass - You're supporting great products - Good training - Good benefits - Decent salary

Cons

Salary could have been higher

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The best company you'll ever find

Feb 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly kind coworkers, transparent company wide decisions, ability to work on amazing products

Cons

This will sound cliche, but I don't have any Cons.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Work Life Balance, But Very Little Growth

Feb 4, 2022 - Inside Account Manager in Okemos, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company gives good amounts of time off. They went fully remote when COVID hit, so that was nice. Good benefits. Some really nice people across the company. They are building a new campus in partnership with Michigan State University, which might bring in some new opportunities.

Cons

Little to no growth. They don’t have a dedicated head of sales, and it really shows. While there are some nice people who work here, upper management seems out of touch. No transparency whatsoever with pay, which is low as it is. They seem to lowball the payraise if you get promoted or move teams internally. Sales team is forced to focus on small customer leads as opposed to spending more time on bigger clients.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to work

Jan 10, 2022 - Inside-Sales Account Manager in Okemos, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible and humane work environment. Healthy sales floor atmosphere. Compensation plans are suitable to the work we do and goals set. Great benefits package. Friendly, helpful staff and management.

Cons

None that I have found yet. Normal Office life politics are minimal.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work

Nov 18, 2021 - User Experience Designer in Okemos, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at.

Cons

Management turn over too frequently.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great culture

Sep 15, 2021 - Sales Executive in Okemos, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful to their employees, customers and overall great company.

Cons

Pay a little lower than industry standard

Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Reviews

TechSmith Reviews FAQs

TechSmith has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 111 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at TechSmith to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, TechSmith employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at TechSmith. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

93% of TechSmith employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TechSmith 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at TechSmith to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with TechSmith Job Seekers