Cover image for TechSmith

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

TechSmith Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 44 of over 44 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

TechSmith

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith in Mar 2022

Interview

Phone screen leetcode question followed by a half day powerday. Powerday involves panel interview (standard behavioral + previous experiences), pair programming session with take home assignment, and HM screening. Process felt very long and with many redundant parts

TechSmith

Application

I interviewed at TechSmith

Interview

The interview that I am currently discussing was performed as such. The interviewer and I had discussed and I had been questioned on prior programming experience and then performed a short programming exercise

Interview Questions
  • Programming exercise on how to find percentage of a video watched based on intervals and more was added to the question
    Answer Question

TechSmith

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith in Feb 2021

Interview

Interviewed by the UX Team Members and the Team Lead. It was a 90 minute interview. I had been asked to complete a 1-3 hour long design exercise, which we went over during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of 'Tell Me About A Time.. " questions. Some interesting ones included 'What is something that you have recently read?'.

TechSmith

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith in Jan 2021

Interview

Two stages, First stage online recorded interview that has limited thinking time and response time. Second stage, take-home task review with portfolio review and behavior questions (1 - 2 hour).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TechSmith (Okemos, MI)

Interview

I applied and had an invitation to do a video interview. I didn't get a chance to respond to the video interview. Called and left a message on the recruiter's voicemail then the next day got some "Dear --, with Best Regards" email, nothing was said. Had to call again to see about getting another invitation via email, then I got the careers email from the operator. Emailed them with the forwarded weird email. Then I got another email back from someone telling me they won't extend an extension for an interview. So thanks Techsmith for not wanting me to interview with you guys again, I won't be recommending you to my peers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TechSmith

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TechSmith

Interview

After applying, I was emailed within around 2 weeks to schedule a phone interview with a technical exercise. This was the only step in the process. After I finished the interview, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Standard behavioral questions about past projects and experiences, and then a simple live coding exercise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TechSmith (Ann Arbor, MI) in Nov 2020

Interview

Applied through my university, and they got back to me in around 2 weeks. The interview itself was relatively laid back and easy, they asked both technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Find the amount of time watched in a video given an array of time intervals and they added more complexities to the question as the interview went on.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith (Ann Arbor, MI) in Feb 2020

Interview

I visited a booth at career fair, and was contacted for an interview afterwards. The interview was held on my campus. It was very casual, easy conversation for the first section of the interview, mostly asking about prior project experience and what kind of software I'm interested in. Coding question was a fairly simple programming question that built onto itself.

Interview Questions
  • Find the percent of a video watched given multiple different views. It began simply and developed further as more conditions were added.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TechSmith (Detroit, MI) in Sep 2019

Interview

Basically all it was a small chat about my previous experiences, basically, resume questions and a few behavioral and personality questions . then there was an easy technical question that was done on the whiteboard

Interview Questions
  • How to find the percent of video watched from the length of video and segment watched length

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TechSmith (Lansing, MI) in May 2019

Interview

Invited for a step 1 Data Entry test. Right off the bat they have you test your WPM and analyze their purchase orders. Companies have all sorts of different purchase orders and TechSmith expects you to automatically know their system. Fail it? tough luck you're out. My WPM test was passed but I suppose I didn't pass their data entry test. I did have 1.5 years exp as a data entry clerk elsewhere. How would I know TechSmiths system? Oh well, the place was ripping off google, I wouldn't want to work with far-left people any way.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Interviews

TechSmith Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at TechSmith as 74.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.72 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer - Internship and Software Engineer(Internship) rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Sales Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at TechSmith takes an average of 15 days when considering 46 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer(Internship) had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Sales Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 12 days).

Common stages of the interview process at TechSmith according to 46 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 26.04%