TechSmith Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 40 of over 40 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TechSmith (Okemos, MI)

Interview

I applied and had an invitation to do a video interview. I didn't get a chance to respond to the video interview. Called and left a message on the recruiter's voicemail then the next day got some "Dear --, with Best Regards" email, nothing was said. Had to call again to see about getting another invitation via email, then I got the careers email from the operator. Emailed them with the forwarded weird email. Then I got another email back from someone telling me they won't extend an extension for an interview. So thanks Techsmith for not wanting me to interview with you guys again, I won't be recommending you to my peers.

Interview Questions
  • Never got a chance to do the interview.
    Answer Question

TechSmith

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TechSmith

Interview

After applying, I was emailed within around 2 weeks to schedule a phone interview with a technical exercise. This was the only step in the process. After I finished the interview, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Standard behavioral questions about past projects and experiences, and then a simple live coding exercise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TechSmith (Ann Arbor, MI) in Nov 2020

Interview

Applied through my university, and they got back to me in around 2 weeks. The interview itself was relatively laid back and easy, they asked both technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Find the amount of time watched in a video given an array of time intervals and they added more complexities to the question as the interview went on.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith (Ann Arbor, MI) in Feb 2020

Interview

I visited a booth at career fair, and was contacted for an interview afterwards. The interview was held on my campus. It was very casual, easy conversation for the first section of the interview, mostly asking about prior project experience and what kind of software I'm interested in. Coding question was a fairly simple programming question that built onto itself.

Interview Questions
  • Find the percent of a video watched given multiple different views. It began simply and developed further as more conditions were added.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TechSmith (Detroit, MI) in Sep 2019

Interview

Basically all it was a small chat about my previous experiences, basically, resume questions and a few behavioral and personality questions . then there was an easy technical question that was done on the whiteboard

Interview Questions
  • How to find the percent of video watched from the length of video and segment watched length

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TechSmith (Lansing, MI) in May 2019

Interview

Invited for a step 1 Data Entry test. Right off the bat they have you test your WPM and analyze their purchase orders. Companies have all sorts of different purchase orders and TechSmith expects you to automatically know their system. Fail it? tough luck you're out. My WPM test was passed but I suppose I didn't pass their data entry test. I did have 1.5 years exp as a data entry clerk elsewhere. How would I know TechSmiths system? Oh well, the place was ripping off google, I wouldn't want to work with far-left people any way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TechSmith (Ann Arbor, MI) in Feb 2019

Interview

I interview in my university's library after the career fair. It was a 30-minute interview. They asked me to describe myself and they asked me a few questions about the company. There were 2 whiteboard questions and then they asked if I had questions for them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith (Okemos, MI) in Dec 2018

Interview

This process was streamlined and professional. Although I was not able to move forward I felt compelled to share a positive review for a company that is taking the interview process seriously and applying all the right methodology/formality. Start to finish there was excellent communication and expectations set for dates, interview times, and accurate scope of the role. Great experience and would recommend applying if you're local to Michigan and looking for a company that is growing quickly and finding ongoing success.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me of a time where you: Can you describe a situation where you exercised authority and had a positive outcome:

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TechSmith (East Lansing, MI) in Oct 2018

Interview

Started at career fair on campus. They took resume and followed up with email 2 weeks later. An on campus interview was then scheduled, and then they followed up within a week after the interview

Interview Questions
  • Common basic coding proficiency questions and one complicated challenge.

TechSmith

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TechSmith in Sep 2018

Interview

On-Campus Interview after Career Fair. Some behavioral questions and followed by two technical questions. Not too hard. Interns are limited to working 28 hours/week so keep an eye out for that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Interviews